5.4 Holy priest. Good for 10m or 25m?

What changes do we have so far?

lower sanctuary cost
    10% less mana serenity
    Freed up a glyph slot with light spring now we can use Holy nova Ha!
    From Darkness comes Light now procs off AOE spells
    Twist of fate buff

So what does this mean for Holy in 5.4? Lets break it down.

Sanctuary mana cost; IF you use this on CD every fight it could save you 30k-80k mana. I been looking at parses all day on Heroic Lei shen, some Holy priests don't even use Sanctuary. Heal vs mana cost is probably why, will the reduction in cost lead to more use?

Serenity mana reduction buff; I think this is a great buff to 10 mans and a very very slight buff to 25 mans, Flash heal is just not used in 25 that much.

Lightspring standard; awesome fix, I doubt any holy priest took that glyph off since it came out.

From Darkness comes light; I love the idea that spells that are used in 25 man now proc this talent and that it has synergy with the 4 piece. My concern is testing I have done in my heroic great and with t16 on ptr we still have to have mindbender or we go oom. Don't believe me? try it.

Twist of fate, is this a Disc buff? for the most part it is, holy really doesn't use this talent over Divine insight. I am not saying there are not fights where it would shine but 9.99 times out of 10 divine insight is the wise choice for Holy. We don't want anyone to get that low and we don't proc it off atonement like disc can.

Summery
    I think blizzard is comfortable with the representation of Holy in 25 mans based on the buffs. I think they want to bring up the representation of Holy in 10 mans based on the buffs. I personally think Disc is just that strong in 10man and I am not sure these changes are going to change anyones mind to try Holy. One thing is for sure, 5.4 is a buff to 10 man Holy priests and maybe a slight buff to 25 via sanctuary mana cost reduction. I also do not see to many 25 man Holy priests picking up the 4 piece over higher item level pieces unless Blizzard somehow fixes our awful mana issues. It is not in stone yet, lets see whats next!

Twist of Fate is indeed a buff to healing as well: yes we don't want anyone to be so low on health, but to heal a target under 35% is much more likely as to heal a target under 20%. 15% more healing is much, but at least for Holy Divine insight is much better. Even more together with FDCL: PoH > DI-Proc+FDCL-procs > Serendipity > Faster PoH and so on.

Surge of light buff without mindbender, come on blizzard. Looks like holy priest "MUST" have mindbender, while not having the fun of SOL.

I haven't done ten mans, but in 25 man holy isn't exactly needed in any one fight compared to disc. I hope to see a change in 5.4, but than again blizzard is having a tough time fixing healing and making content around 25 mans. After all they need to make content for ten mans the same as 25 man. Looks like more and more healing stacking and spaming to come. No decision making is needed except when to blow a cd.
    Last edited by Bellabel; 2013-07-23 at 03:57 PM.