Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Absolutely nothing *new* for elem?

So, there's nothing 'new' to look forwards too concerning our elem gameplay? Except, maybe some minor glyph changes...? Not even our tier set bonusses gonna introduce any sort of new gameplay the coming year? Just 2 passive tier bonusses... mehhh

Talk about boring ...

not even an interesting 'major' glyph???? not even that???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    So, there's nothing 'new' to look forwards too concerning our elem gameplay? Except, maybe some minor glyph changes...? Not even our tier set bonusses gonna introduce any sort of new gameplay the coming year? Just 2 passive tier bonusses... mehhh

Talk about boring ...

not even an interesting 'major' glyph???? not even that???

Chances are our stat priority will change. Lava burst proccs being affected by Crit and all..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Chances are our stat priority will change. Lava burst proccs being affected by Crit and all..
    Last I heard about that was it is probably not going to be implemented due to backlash from the Shaman community. Was one of GC's tweets.

Deleted
    So they recognized problem with crit scaling, and decided to do nothing? Will we see another "we didn't have enough time on PTR" excuse?

well i think ele is solid now. good burst/decent single target/ amazing aoe.
    One problem i see will be stat inflation is way to high this exp we might get capped for mast /haste and new trinkets doesnt help

What i want for ele is getting elemental blast baseline as other spec dont use it and get mastery and current mastery made baseline but reduced in dmg
    Last edited by mrinvisable2; 2013-07-18 at 01:03 PM.

i don't want crit stacking.

not every stat has to be good....

They need to buff Earthquake and Magma Totem (with projection) for Elemental.

Right now Elem's AoE is good for 3-5 targets but if there are like 8 (or more) targets at once, Elem's AoE gets really bad since our CL only hits 5 targets per cast/duplicate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    They need to buff Earthquake and Magma Totem (with projection) for Elemental.

Right now Elem's AoE is good for 3-5 targets but if there are like 8 (or more) targets at once, Elem's AoE gets really bad since our CL only hits 5 targets per cast/duplicate.
    Why does this matter apart from trash packs? (IQ trash says hi indeed)
    We're still really solid at 8 mobs, just at 10+ that some other specs take over (survival hunter/dk in particular if I'm not mistaken). There really is very little use for strong AoE on huge huge packs in raiding. Even if there would be, it'd be adds that melt down rather quickly anyway (halfus whelps for example).

Overall I'm pretty happy with elemental, especially with the lava burst changes and glyph of lightning bolt being baseline now. I don't really see why we need a rework/revamp. Getting both htt and ascendance is already a nice bonus.

I'm worrying about stats getting too high... so far, it seems like the more stats players get, the less Elem shamans can stay competitive (we DO NOT scale as well as other classes basically).
    The AOE feels amazing though (durumu hc <3).
    Apart from me being worried about scaling, I actually really like how our stats interact with one another:
    The more mastery and haste we get, the more I see a constant stream of lightning and lava on my screen, there's no denying these stat scale extremley well with one another for us, which feels really epic (ZEUS MODE): So I say screw crit! Just tune us better to work with mastery & haste.
    Last edited by Falu; 2013-07-18 at 02:16 PM.

I actually would have liked that change to lvb . With reforging away from all crit I still have around 25% and expect 35+ with woo. I think it just unfairly targeted lower item level shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    i don't want crit stacking.

not every stat has to be good....
    No stat should totally suck. They doubled haste for warriors and it's still the worst stat, but it does something.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Brewid View Post
    Last I heard about that was it is probably not going to be implemented due to backlash from the Shaman community. Was one of GC's tweets.
    lol backlash? then the shaman community is retarded, 20% crit? i'm already like 24% in raids, with ilvl 560+ i can imagine we'll be like 27% crit.

NO BLIZZ PLEASE DON'T BUFF MY CHANCES TO PROC LAVA SURGE I WANT LESS DPS.

dumbass shaman community....

Quote Originally Posted by Brewid View Post

Hope your right but probable your wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lol backlash? then the shaman community is retarded, 20% crit? i'm already like 24% in raids, with ilvl 560+ i can imagine we'll be like 27% crit.

NO BLIZZ PLEASE DON'T BUFF MY CHANCES TO PROC LAVA SURGE I WANT LESS DPS.

dumbass shaman community....
    PvP would suck for Ele. That's why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Txiv View Post
    I actually would have liked that change to lvb . With reforging away from all crit I still have around 25% and expect 35+ with woo. I think it just unfairly targeted lower item level shamans.
    They could do it differently too you know. Like make flame shock ticks 20% chance and flame shock crits 30%-40% or something. Would still be a boost to crit rating without screwing over lesser geared people.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    PvP would suck for Ele. That's why.
    yay less dps cause of pvp, now we're spriests...great -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Falu View Post
    I'm worrying about stats getting too high... so far, it seems like the more stats players get, the less Elem shamans can stay competitive (we DO NOT scale as well as other classes basically).
    The AOE feels amazing though (durumu hc <3).
    Apart from me being worried about scaling, I actually really like how our stats interact with one another:
    The more mastery and haste we get, the more I see a constant stream of lightning and lava on my screen, there's no denying these stat scale extremley well with one another for us, which feels really epic (ZEUS MODE): So I say screw crit! Just tune us better to work with mastery & haste.
    The only thing I hate about current stats is the rng with lava surge procs. I went PE/EM for a bit and literally was LS starved for extended periods of time.
    However When i reforged all mastery, and re- gemmed mastery and went back to EB/EOTE my LS procs are insane. I say leave crit out of the equation. Fix the haste issue and We'll be fine. Lower geared Shaman cant even remotely keep up with other classes. At 531 ilvl I am competetive finally.50% mastery 28% haste.

I know that we now live in a super friendly, everyone gets gear etc world, but do I really need every piece of gear with spirit on it? If they want crit let spirit passivly apply it, and let us gain hit from something else, or spirit as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yay less dps cause of pvp, now we're spriests...great -.-
    Lava Surge procs are LITERALLY ALL WE HAVE in PvP. They change to crit based, we're done for completely.

Ele utility is getting a buff, with HTT going baseline, meaning that you will have 2 raid healing cooldowns to bring (assuming 90% of Ele takes AG).

Deleted
    Ok I understand noone wants to look it up themselves so here you go.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...93788832010240

Don't shoot the messenger btw. just passing on what I think everyone should know.

It's frustrating that they just dropped it though without another change.

Crit is still so brutal, and if there's a fight that gives +100% crit or something, we're going to be sat for sure.