HC Lei Shen - DKS and Helm of Command

Been progressing a little while on this boss now and got in about 60 or so attempts so far.

I've read that helm of command can be a problem for death knights as they don't really have any kind of speed buffs they can use. I have a similar problem on my disc priest but I have talented body and soul and always try to stay near as I can to the front of the quarter to avoid being pushed off and I can shield him too if needed but if he isn't close enough to the front it won't be enough and he will be pushed off. Tonight will be the first time we take a dk to this fight and I am curious whether Glyphed Pillar of Frost would be usable to combat the helm of command? It would freeze him in place for 20 seconds. Looked all over google but can't find that anyone has even asked this before. If it does work that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance

leap of faith him?

I could, but that wasn't my question.

Thanks anyway

The glyph would do more harm than good in the rest of the fight.

Death's advance?
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Thanks for the replies everyone, will pass it all on.

It roots you in place and you can't be moved, so it should work...Though I don't know why you'd choose this option over everything else you and others could possibly do, being rooted every time you use pillar of frost on a fight where you actually need to move is going to be bad.

Warlock portals, priest feathers (even better than B&S), engineering belt, Death's Advance + staying near front... All of these can keep a DK on the platform no problem.

If only we had a spell that gave us a small speed boost...

OH WAIT. We do -_- Death's Advance.

After static shock goes out, cheat a bit closer to the center, if you get hit by it, use your speed boost and run to the middle against the beam.

10+ Year Old Account
    We recently discussed the same on the DK forum.

Heroic Lei-Shen Blood

If you can stand close to the middle and i mean really close, nearly cuddling with Lei Shen, Death Advance and Unholy Presence is enough to run against.

But there are a few problem with standing next to Lei Shen.

If you get the target of Overcharge, your Overcharge will cover the other platforms and this would be pretty bad.
    Maybe you need to run back to intercept some bouncing balls, to run into the Overcharge of another person or an Static shock.

As tank you cant be the target of Overcharge, that would be one problem less, but it is still dangerous to to only relies on Death Advance.

If he is an Engineer he could use Nitro Boost, but that works only once per transition phase and also there is the chance of failing which is
    close to a death because you get the damage from the boots and the damage from helm of command, some other dk mentioned that
    you also can use the goblin glider combined with a jump, its not much but it is at least a little bit.

In my opinion a DK should have support from other raid members to make it safe,
    a warlock portal, a grip from a priest, speed shield from a priest, feathers from a priest
    or a roar from a druid doing wonders here.

It just sucks to fail because you were not there are so many possibilities which will lead to a fail if the DK tries
    to run against it alone, thats something i learned from our various Lei Shen tries.

All this is from a 25 Raid viewpoint, i may differ a bit for a 10 Raid but i would still try to give the DK some sort
    of support.
    Last edited by Basso; 2013-07-18 at 04:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the tooltip (No glyph): Icy crystals hang heavy upon the Death Knight's body, providing immunity against external movement such as knockbacks.

Might work without the glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    From the tooltip (No glyph): Icy crystals hang heavy upon the Death Knight's body, providing immunity against external movement such as knockbacks.

Might work without the glyph.
    Indeed, it should work without glyph, could someone test and report back?

Deleted
    Well, if you place urself close to the centre and have deaths advances ready, you can make it without any problem (Centre of the quarter ur a part of, not centre of the whole room)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Basso View Post
    If you get the target of Overcharge, your Overcharge will cover the other platforms and this would be pretty bad.
    of support.
    There is few seconds between overcharge explosion and helm of command. Plenty of time to move closer to pillar. As shaman, I have no problem with helm(ghost wolf is 30% speed increase). Other classes can assist too. Priests, druids, warlocks, monks.

We just put our DKs on a platform with Warlock portals, trivializes the mechanic.