View Poll Results: Did you buy or plan to buy the new helm mogs?

Voters
598. This poll is closed
  • Yes

46 7.69%
  • No

488 81.61%
  • Maybe

64 10.70%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the Jewel of the Firelord because I think it looks cool on my Shadow Priest. I'll always be more than willing to pay for aesthetics.

Deleted
    I don't use helms for my transmogs normally, so no. Although the Jewel of Firelord looks neat, and I could make a set for it, but the price is too high for such a unimportant reason.

I bought the fire horns and the lich crown. Expensive, but I like them so much, I feel it was worth it.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    You are voting with your wallet, but you posted in the give away thread? Lol, I see you holding onto those standards.
    He's still voting with his wallet. You're telling me if there was a giveaway for something that costed money that you wouldn't drop a dime on, you wouldn't sign up for a chance to get it for free? I wouldn't waste a cent on these pieces of crap, but if I got it for free then hey I got it AND I didn't have to drop a dime on some pieces of crap.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Then go feed one. No one is forcing you to buy a helmet. I think the price is just fine for a cosmetic item that is BoA for every toon, ever.
    All 3 helmets costs more than the entirety of an xpac. I'm going to agree that they're a tad overpriced.

None appealed to me, thought they were a little over the top. That said, perfectly happy for the people who bought them and like 'em. Can't say I'd ever pay $15 for a cosmetic single slot item.

Compared to the cosmetic offerings of any other MMO I play, they're far more expensive, although I'm sure there's some game out there I don't know of that charges more per item.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll grab one eventually when I actually do come back granted It's fucking expensive as fuck lol but I really do want my lock to have demon horns and fiery eyes all of a sudden with demonic wings sooo... yeah then I'll probably get bored of it and go back to my Sha look and regret buying it but that's how it always works with me.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    You realize that for $15, there's a shit load of other things you can buy as well. I can be like why didn't you go get Zombieland on Blu ray, or 3 chicken burritos at taco bell, or a T-Shirt. If you can't understand that people spend their money on different things because people have different interests, not sure we can even have this discussion.
    Sure, of course. I'm just saying if someone thinks a frost helm that serves zero purpose and doesn't even look good is worth the same value as Torchlight II & the new XCOM combined (for example-- since both cost $15 at the moment) they're obviously stupid. I mean, MoP brand new costs $40. All three helms cost $45. So you can have your three cosmetic helms and I'll have MoP. You really have zero concept of how badly Blizzard ripped you off, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by xixixviixiiii View Post
    Sure, of course. I'm just saying if someone thinks a frost helm that serves zero purpose and doesn't even look good is worth the same value as Torchlight II & the new XCOM combined (for example-- since both cost $15 at the moment) they're obviously stupid. I mean, MoP brand new costs $40. All three helms cost $45. So you can have your three cosmetic helms and I'll have MoP. You really have zero concept of how badly Blizzard ripped you off, do you?
    You throw pretty big stones for someone without the slightest clue what the other person's value metrics are. How valuable is a game I don't have time (or intention) to play? What kind of price can you attach to something that fits someone's character concept or transmog ideals perfectly? What value is attached to all the "hey cool helm" or "you are a jerk" whispers you'll get?

maybe if it was $3 but a months sub-fee for a transmog helm? No thanks Ill pass or wait for them to go on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    It's ugly, it's a waste of money, it's immoral.
    Immoral? You might want to look that word up. There is nothing immoral about them making some cosmetic item and selling it to people.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Jewel of the Firelord was gifted to me. It was the one I wanted to get anyway. I feel if they make helms that match more sets, or create entire sets, and bring down the price a little...more people will get them. So far, no one has commented on my helm to me, and I see only a few people with them in-game.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

No. But that's just a personal decision, not a philosophical one.

Deleted
    Bought all 3 right away. Am a collector of neat items.

I've only seen the Jewel Fire one in game. Seems like a lot of locks and priests love that one. Not sure I've seen any of the other two. lol.

I won't and will never buy any of them, but if people do, that's fine. That's what its there for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Uh uh.. logic.. so tell me what exactly makes that hat worth even $1?
    As with everything else in this world, it is worth what other people are willing to pay for. You mentioned paintings earlier in the thread. How do you think art is priced?

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    For $15 lol no.
    This. And they all look like garbage. It's not worth it at all

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama

Simply put Nope.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Deleted
    I will never pay money for ingame items.

Nah, I play a rogue as my main and a feral alt (on who mogging doesn't really fucking matter anyways ) and the helms don't really match the sets. The blue one has too bright coloring to fit any rogue set aside from t7.5 or naxx leather loot maybe or the hideous blue bloodfang recolor) but the skull looks weird on a troll anyways. The hood look like cloth tbh. Which leaves the horns, they do look cool, but they're a bit too flashy for my tastes, I might consider buying those! :d