From the front page;
Sooo, yeah.-Q: Now that we're approaching the end of MoP. What class/classes do you think need a big overhaul in 6.0?
-A: None. We will likely work to make the 3 hunter and rogue specs play a little more differently from each other.
Didn't make the thread hoping for an overhaul for 5.4, but more towards the next expansion. The issues need to be made public NOW, so the devs have time to actually structure the class properly in terms of the talent tree, not make stupid talents (eg. Plague leech) and to remember to make decent animations for any new spells :P
I dont think its problem that Blood dont get defence benefit from vengance, the problem is that othere tanks are geting it, you should avoid as much damag as you can as tank imo. I like all other limitations and problems, its fun to overcome them, and still we have best active mitigation and personal cooldowns of all tanking specs in game. But i have to say i would love some new animations, the one we have now are just bland.
I think you're more or less spot-on with your entire post - I've not yet seen it written so well; props to you for being a voice for what I'd assume is many of us who still love the idea of the DK or are attached to them for any given reason.
My biggest issues with the class are as follows in order of importance:
1. Specs and rotations feel extremely bland compared to how variable and fun other classes feel (The difference in play between Arms and Fury for example, is quite apparent. Arms doesn't really feel like Fury at all) and I wish they'd really try to re-tune some of it. I like the principle of 2H frost being the BIG NUMBERS Obliterate spec and DW Frost being the RAPID FIRE! spec but I don't understand why Unholy is the "HEY CHECK OUT HOW MUCH POWER I CAN DUMP INTO MY MINDLESS GHOUL MINION!" Dark Transformation should transform ME, not my ghoul.
2. Flavor. You're 1000000% right about this and I feel all of your pain. The only thing that distinguishes one strike from another is the color of the pencil-thin crescent particle that appears in front of us when we do this or that strike. Paladins have the Templar's Verdict animation and many unique spell effects and particles for their abilities and warriors have quite a few unique animations for their attacks (rogues as well) but we are effectively shafted and we don't even get cool particles to go with most of our stuff. I'm happy we're seeing glyph of the skeleton next patch - that's something but we should have several of those already on top of others - the HoW glyph is lame; geist is neat and foul menagerie is cool too but where's the unholy auras one from beta? Warriors and Paladins both have so many more amusing graphical glyphs than we do.
3. Talents. I think our talents are whack; not only are some of our tiers just fucked, some of our choices are just not even worthwhile or are so dull that you can't really FEEL their effect. The upcoming buff to plague leech is cool...but a lot of players already use it anyway.
4. Masteries - that's the only part of stats that I'm worried about; I don't care if we're simming low or whatever; I can outdps people I raid with and more importantly, I can do strong enough numbers to kill bosses on whatever mode we're doing and I'm not holding my raid back. Masteries are bad though; I think Blood's is awesome but Unholy and Frost are fucked in this area; I know for balance it's probably in a good place but it's kind of like most trinkets that give X flat stat and chance for Y on hit; it's just boring and doesn't give you many choices for gearing.
5. Runeforging - While I am upset that they've never overhauled this feature and made it more dynamic (it's one of the core features of our class...) I'm ok with it since it's at least viable and powerful in its current form; even if you only use 3-4 of the available choices ever.
Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.
Also what utility did we bring outside of a BR. We have none. Most guilds dont require AMZ because it's a waste. So what utility were you talking about again?
Last edited by valliant13; 2013-07-22 at 07:04 AM.
They don't need to overhaul us, just changes. Those are still on the table.
The last two expansions warlocks and paladins got overhauls which included completely new resources, cutting down on abilities, redesigning rotations. At most, I think we could/should expect talent changes/reworks and rotation changes. No new resources, unlikely to cut down on abilities. etc
It was council btw and the dk is Nedaa.
As far as i could test SoO looks BS for every melee so far and if dks stay like that am gonna reroll no way am gonna gimp hc progression because i play a half shit class that only "badies" enjoy toping dmg in normal/lfr progression.
Dks are boring
Dks suck at dps
Dks suck at tanking
Keep posts on topic, leaving a stink bomb void of content is not okay. ~Nyanmaru
Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2013-07-22 at 12:29 PM.
I can agree with most of this, things like the rune regen tier is just retarded if you ask me. But really dks dont lack mobility and ranged damage. They have just as much ranged viability as any other melee, dont pity the death knights, pity the warriors.
And please back up your info with some data when you say that prot do more dps than frost (im not saying that you are wrong)
PS: Blizz has stated that the rune regen tier is here to stay (WTF?)
THis question might be slightly off topic and maybe you can't really answer it, but anyways: Is the DK community just asking fewer/less "worthy" questions, or why are dev posts just very rarely raleted to DKs?
To me it feels like the devs wouldn't bother about us DKs, nut maybe the issues haven't been brought up to them.
http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...14/60/default/ take a look dude you clearly dont know how to play death knights if your on the buttom of the dps meters.. really all calculations shows us being top 10 with all 3 viables, and then all real tests and proves shows us being 13 as UH and Frost being 19 out of 22 we aint buttom but we aint top or top 10. but it all matters of fight and playstyle really.
Matters runeforging how would you like it to be? well i dont really see anything that aint cool about the current system i do have better solutions for changes to it tho^^ would love it to affect your actual runes^^ and have different stats etc like gems so you as DK could extra gem your weapon with 6 custom runes which you choose in reforging you could make it 6 of same rune = 6 red runes etc and each rune should be special stat / bonus or benefit matters of spec
Blood, red: Death Strike Heals, blue: Survival cooldown buffs, green: Cooldown on abilities,
Frost: Red: bonus Damage, blue: More Frost Damage, green: Lower Cooldowns.
Or maybe direct stats and make the unholy go yellow XD so blizzard could use the direct Gemming design^^
Death Knights never fell to Arthas. We are the once to make him fall!
if you bomb the bats, they die to quickly for our diseases to tick for more then one or two time, other ae classes are far better,
if you dont kill the bat the dmg dont matter at all of course you could push but it doesnt matter.
if you look through all the logs most of them are pushed with dmg on sources that don't matter.
none of the rating site tells the real truth, raidbots is way to high because of pushed logs, simcraft is a bit low and so on
but if you are playing a dk you will notice that we are the bottom of the charts if we talk about dmg that matters in the fight,
there a some we can get higher places but in general we are way to low and that will not get better in the next content because
all the reason in the posts before....
I don't unfortunately have a lot to add to this thread at 0100 hours, but reading it thread has certainly made me realize how broken this class is in some aspects and does indeed need some work in the upcoming expansion.