Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Rerolling Druid (pve resto), any pro tips or tricks?

    Of course I'm bookmarking the Druid guide above, I basically know everything inside there. I will be constantly checking it and referring to it.

    I've played WoW since 2005 but NEVER Druid, not once. (ok maybe up to level 30 as feral, but that's it). From my understanding there's a small learning curve as with every class, but with Druid it's easy to be good but hard to be great. I'm ready to accept that challenge.

    I've healed as a shaman, in fact I've played shaman since day 1, conquering every boss on heroic (except for MoP), just curious as to what a "Pro" Druid does versus average Druids, or any tips, tricks or pointers for gearing up fresh for ToT 10 man (normals and heroics)

    As horde I should choose troll for berserking correct? Tauren Druids look godlike but the racials have always been more for tanks and pvp.

    Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    To start by answering your first question, I would recommend Berserking if you take PvE seriously at all.

    As far as advice, here's the first off the top of my head.

    Be aggressive with RJ. It's our best heal this tier, and once you have the gear for it, it should become your filler spell, rather than say Nourish or Healing Touch.

    Be generally intelligent about where you place Swiftmend's AoE, the AoE is almost more important than direct heal. If people aren't where you want them to be, or you don't trust their positioning, use yourself as a beacon to make sure that your circle gets where you want it to be.

    Use mushrooms a lot, don't be afraid to blow them up for less than preferred amounts of healing if you think it's your last chance to use them before that particular placement becomes useless due to abandonment of the area.

    Hard to really think of anything else. Keep LB up, keep Harmony up, SM/WG off CD, use Regrowth with Omen procs or to save lives, use the rest of your GCDs on RJ if they'll be worth a damn (i.e. not 95% overheal). You'll hardly ever use Healing Touch unless you're expecting big healing requirements for a period long enough that it would be unwise to sustain Regrowth spam for that long. You'll never use Nourish unless you can't RJ someone and you want to fill your downtime. But honestly letting spirit regen would probably be smarter.

    Don't be afraid to switch Lifebloom off the tank. LB should be on whoever is taking the most damage, and if the tank doesn't NEED it but someone else could really use it, go ahead and toss it over. Glyph of LB helps with that.

  3. #3
    The only use for nourish is a mana neutral way to proc harmony before combat starts, once combat starts you don't want to be using it. Use glyphed regrowth as your main 'cast' heal ie. don't use healing touch unless its with nature's swiftness and never use nourish its a waste of 2.2 seconds and whatever mana it costs.

  4. #4
    High Overlord TheBGreene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    174
    Keep LB at as close to 100% uptime as possible...

    SotF + WG hits like a truck and is your best friend PLUS it is a smart heal.

    Shrooms do a ton of healing, especially when fully charged, but as someone else said, do not be afraid to use them at less than max capacity if need be. The fights in ToT are quite predictable where people with be moving, so if you do your due diligence and proeprly pre place them that can go a long way. You can also charge them to max capacity before the pull even happens.

    Good luck, they are a lot of fun even though atm they get gimped by priests...next patch rdroods will be a top 2 healer...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoroc View Post
    To start by answering your first question, I would recommend Berserking if you take PvE seriously at all.
    Just lol. Mate just go with the race that mostly pleases you look wise. It sucks playing a character that you don't like its looks. I had my druid as a troll for such a long time but currently race changed to tauren simply because trolls look like utter shit in t15 ( and tbh in every tier), they have a lousy cast, their flight form is simply messed up and they are much smaller than taurens. And a buff that would basically save me 2-3sec of my normal tranquility cast time isn't worth it. Apparently you are not in Method or in a guild as such, so a +300 HPS, AT MOST, at the end of a boss fight won't make that much of a difference. Even the guys at Method don't always choose the best possible race simply because you'll be much more efficient in playing with a char that you like than just following stupid elitists's stereotypes. With the logic of the quoted poster every class that takes pve seriously and it's allowed to do so, should go pandaren, simply because it has by far the best possible racial which accounts basically for a third profession.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by pank View Post
    Just lol. Mate just go with the race that mostly pleases you look wise. It sucks playing a character that you don't like its looks. I had my druid as a troll for such a long time but currently race changed to tauren simply because trolls look like utter shit in t15 ( and tbh in every tier), they have a lousy cast, their flight form is simply messed up and they are much smaller than taurens. And a buff that would basically save me 2-3sec of my normal tranquility cast time isn't worth it. Apparently you are not in Method or in a guild as such, so a +300 HPS, AT MOST, at the end of a boss fight won't make that much of a difference. Even the guys at Method don't always choose the best possible race simply because you'll be much more efficient in playing with a char that you like than just following stupid elitists's stereotypes. With the logic of the quoted poster every class that takes pve seriously and it's allowed to do so, should go pandaren, simply because it has by far the best possible racial which accounts basically for a third profession.
    I don't really see the point of your hostility. I thought it was implied that he should do whatever he wants above all else, but he asked for our opinion, so I gave him mine. I don't really see the need to call me out like that.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by pank View Post
    Just lol. Mate just go with the race that mostly pleases you look wise. It sucks playing a character that you don't like its looks. I had my druid as a troll for such a long time but currently race changed to tauren simply because trolls look like utter shit in t15 ( and tbh in every tier), they have a lousy cast, their flight form is simply messed up and they are much smaller than taurens. And a buff that would basically save me 2-3sec of my normal tranquility cast time isn't worth it. Apparently you are not in Method or in a guild as such, so a +300 HPS, AT MOST, at the end of a boss fight won't make that much of a difference. Even the guys at Method don't always choose the best possible race simply because you'll be much more efficient in playing with a char that you like than just following stupid elitists's stereotypes. With the logic of the quoted poster every class that takes pve seriously and it's allowed to do so, should go pandaren, simply because it has by far the best possible racial which accounts basically for a third profession.
    Min-maxing and personal preference don't go together very well, so no, you're wrong. There was also no reason to act like a complete dick because he was telling someone the best Horde race for a Resto Druid was, which they asked for.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by pank View Post
    Just lol. Mate just go with the race that mostly pleases you look wise. It sucks playing a character that you don't like its looks. I had my druid as a troll for such a long time but currently race changed to tauren simply because trolls look like utter shit in t15 ( and tbh in every tier), they have a lousy cast, their flight form is simply messed up and they are much smaller than taurens. And a buff that would basically save me 2-3sec of my normal tranquility cast time isn't worth it. Apparently you are not in Method or in a guild as such, so a +300 HPS, AT MOST, at the end of a boss fight won't make that much of a difference. Even the guys at Method don't always choose the best possible race simply because you'll be much more efficient in playing with a char that you like than just following stupid elitists's stereotypes. With the logic of the quoted poster every class that takes pve seriously and it's allowed to do so, should go pandaren, simply because it has by far the best possible racial which accounts basically for a third profession.
    First of all, your giant wall of poorly worded, poorly punctuated text is annoying. Learn to space things out. Next, thanks for your opinion, but the question the OP was asking was not for opinion, but fact instead. You're used Berserking as an HPS increase? Silly. HPS is a silly stat for good healers to use, as the most important stat is the amount of health the boss has once the fight has concluded in relation to yours and your raid group's. It's a dramatic throughput increase, but I'm sure you'll try to argue semantics and you'll begin to look like a fool. Also, you neglect that Berserking is a wonderful DPS throughput tool for progression raiders. Phase two of Heroic Lei Shen -- use Heart of the Wild, Potion of the Jade Serpent, and Berserking for a 10-second window of burst DPS to push the boss's health down even lower. Finally, your cliché use of "elitist" is sad. You obviously take whatever people say that is completely different from what you say as either dumb, annoying, or far-fetched. Sorry, but you failed to help the OP answer any questions they might have had, and your presence here in this thread is no longer needed.

    OT: A lot of the above recommendations are great. One thing I would recommend is getting some solid Weak Auras to track things like spell cooldowns, Mastery uptime, and healing stored for your mushrooms. It may seem daunting at first, but it will go a long way to helping you maximize your abilities.

  9. #9
    Please don't re-roll resto druid

    We finally start to be competitive in PvE and that's when everyone suddenly gives a shit about us. People like you are going to nerf us into the ground again, God damn re-rollers. Stay on your own class instead of ruining the one I've played since Vanilla
    Last edited by Malcor; 2013-07-17 at 11:39 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bclumas View Post
    First of all, your giant wall of poorly worded, poorly punctuated text is annoying. Learn to space things out. Next, thanks for your opinion, but the question the OP was asking was not for opinion, but fact instead. You're used Berserking as an HPS increase? Silly. HPS is a silly stat for good healers to use, as the most important stat is the amount of health the boss has once the fight has concluded in relation to yours and your raid group's. It's a dramatic throughput increase, but I'm sure you'll try to argue semantics and you'll begin to look like a fool. Also, you neglect that Berserking is a wonderful DPS throughput tool for progression raiders. Phase two of Heroic Lei Shen -- use Heart of the Wild, Potion of the Jade Serpent, and Berserking for a 10-second window of burst DPS to push the boss's health down even lower. Finally, your cliché use of "elitist" is sad. You obviously take whatever people say that is completely different from what you say as either dumb, annoying, or far-fetched. Sorry, but you failed to help the OP answer any questions they might have had, and your presence here in this thread is no longer needed.

    OT: A lot of the above recommendations are great. One thing I would recommend is getting some solid Weak Auras to track things like spell cooldowns, Mastery uptime, and healing stored for your mushrooms. It may seem daunting at first, but it will go a long way to helping you maximize your abilities.
    I'm thankful posters such as yourself exist and enrich the gaming community. I feel lucky enough that you were even bothered to reply to my poor written pile of shit. Moreover, your example for the use o berserking will be much appreciated and obviously extensively used by a guy who just rerolled to a druid.

    On another note just wanted to share my opinion on the matter of the race. I don't have anything personal with anyone obviously nor my intention was to attack or to insult anyone, other than the douche I'm currently quoting and his MORONIC response; 10 seconds on Lei Shen HC. Tomorrow I'm race changing again.
    Last edited by pank; 2013-07-18 at 12:43 PM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    Please don't re-roll resto druid

    We finally start to be competitive in PvE and that's when everyone suddenly gives a shit about us. People like you are going to nerf us into the ground again, God damn re-rollers. Stay on your own class instead of ruining the one I've played since Vanilla
    Keep fighting the good fight eh?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by pank View Post
    I'm thankful posters such as yourself exist and enrich the gaming community. I feel lucky enough that you were even bothered to reply to my poor written pile of shit. Moreover, your example for the use o berserking will be much appreciated and obviously extensively used by a guy who just rerolled to a druid.

    On another note just wanted to share my opinion on the matter of the race. I don't have anything personal with anyone obviously nor my intention was to attack or to insult anyone, other than the douche I'm currently quoting and his MORONIC response; 10 seconds on Lei Shen HC. Tomorrow I'm race changing again.

    The problem isn't what you think it is. In regards to MAXIMIZING your potential, choosing a Tauren just simply offers you little in comparison to Troll. Why don't we all just tell him to pick up Herbalism and Mining, too? I mean, haste is a great stat and stamina keeps you alive, right? If he asked "should I pick up professions?" then the answer is obviously yes. But if they asked "what should I take to be most effective" it seems like you would reply with some stupid comment to discuss your entirely unhelpful opinion for the sheer fact that you have the ability to post. Thanks for your contribution: choose what you like to look at.

    Furthermore, I'm so grateful that you took the time to actually grammar check your post. It shows that you know how to successfully install Word, copy, and paste. I also thank you for stopping the obvious hemorrhaging of word vomit that you originally started with. It wasn't needed.

    Back on topic, I will post a few weak auras for the OP tonight that can help track important cooldowns and buffs.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    Please don't re-roll resto druid

    We finally start to be competitive in PvE and that's when everyone suddenly gives a shit about us. People like you are going to nerf us into the ground again, God damn re-rollers. Stay on your own class instead of ruining the one I've played since Vanilla
    What the hell are you talking about? People play it -> it gets nerfed? I thought the squeaky wheel gets the grease. In which case, the more people who play and complain about issues the more often a spec will be viable.

    Just, no.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by bclumas View Post
    The problem isn't what you think it is. In regards to MAXIMIZING your potential, choosing a Tauren just simply offers you little in comparison to Troll. Why don't we all just tell him to pick up Herbalism and Mining, too? I mean, haste is a great stat and stamina keeps you alive, right? If he asked "should I pick up professions?" then the answer is obviously yes. But if they asked "what should I take to be most effective" it seems like you would reply with some stupid comment to discuss your entirely unhelpful opinion for the sheer fact that you have the ability to post. Thanks for your contribution: choose what you like to look at.

    Furthermore, I'm so grateful that you took the time to actually grammar check your post. It shows that you know how to successfully install Word, copy, and paste. I also thank you for stopping the obvious hemorrhaging of word vomit that you originally started with. It wasn't needed.

    Back on topic, I will post a few weak auras for the OP tonight that can help track important cooldowns and buffs.
    Douche I speak/know 4 languages and english isn't my mother tongue. Lame attempt to sound superior, over a keyboard, as i'm sure this is the only way you can. Enjoy now your pathetic little ''life'' and keep on giving grammar advice on a gaming forum since apparently this is the only advice you'll be able to give for the rest your mediocre existence. Your logic is again impeccable, comparing +320 to a basic stat with crit and haste. If you don't end up as an english teacher, i suggest some sort of consulting since you can put your robust logical skills into action. Additionally, I'd like to thank you for letting me know that copy and paste is something you install since I was googling it the other day and couldn't find a suitable program to do so. So long loser.

  15. #15
    Some relatively simple tips:

    Nature's Swiftness should basically only be used with Healing Touch or Rebirth, using it with anything else is a waste.

    Take Nourish off your bars so you don't accidentally click it, it's completely worthless in every situation.

    Remember Symbiosis, it's pretty good. Shamans, Mages, Paladins and DKs probably give the most useful spells to Resto depending on the boss fight.

    Mushrooms are good, and in 5.4 they'll be a lot more reliable. Don't overlook them just because the group isn't always stacked up.

    Use Innervate when you get to around 80% mana, it regens 20% and you'll be casting while it's active. If you wait until you're at 50% mana you'll probably need it later in the fight and it won't be off CD.

    That pretty much sums up some pretty easy things to remember, oh, and pick whatever race you want, the Haste from Troll is the most useful, but it's still not that important at all because it won't push you to another haste breakpoint anyway, if you aren't pushing server firsts your race makes absolutely zero difference for Resto Druids.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by pank View Post
    Douche I speak/know 4 languages and english isn't my mother tongue. Lame attempt to sound superior, over a keyboard, as i'm sure this is the only way you can. Enjoy now your pathetic little ''life'' and keep on giving grammar advice on a gaming forum since apparently this is the only advice you'll be able to give for the rest your mediocre existence. Your logic is again impeccable, comparing +320 to a basic stat with crit and haste. If you don't end up as an english teacher, i suggest some sort of consulting since you can put your robust logical skills into action. Additionally, I'd like to thank you for letting me know that copy and paste is something you install since I was googling it the other day and couldn't find a suitable program to do so. So long loser.
    Maybe you should calm down. You seem really upset.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by pank View Post
    With the logic of the quoted poster every class that takes pve seriously and it's allowed to do so, should go pandaren, simply because it has by far the best possible racial which accounts basically for a third profession.
    Actually, no. Dying makes Pandaren racial worthless and some classes benefit more by being other races. Worgens for example make far better Warriors than Pandaren due to the racial +1% Critical Strike.

    As for the OP there's not all that much you need to track that's specific to Resto Druids. If you run Weakauras or a similar mod then I'd suggest having a better display for Harmony, Nature's Swiftness, Innervate (and an icon for when below 70% mana), Omen of Clarity, Ironbark, Barkskin, Lifebloom, and the buff gained from Soul of the Forest (can't remember if it's just Soul of the Forest or something else). In general try not to cast HoTs if Harmony is not currently active (Swiftmend's cd is 15 seconds and harmony lastas 20 seconds; downtime should effectively be 0%), use OoC procs for Regrowth, make a macro for Healing Touch+Nature's Swiftness, and keep Lifebloom rolling on someone.

  18. #18
    High Overlord daerellin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Haven't left the egg
    Posts
    169
    There aren't too many tricks that I'm aware of that deviate from our standard set of actions, but I do like to do something a little different with the mushrooms. Obviously, stacking all 3 of them together when the raid is clumped will result in the most (over)healing, but on fights that involve kiting of any type (Primordius), I like to space the mushrooms out along the expected kite path and detonate them as the raid moves. Once you get the hang of it, as positioning can often end up being the same along the kite path, you can work it so that you get a mushroom detonation on the tanks, one on melee, and one for the ranged group. This cuts down on the overhealing and still offers a nice chunk of effective burst healing.

    Granted this is all going to change in 5.4, but at least you can have some fun with it now

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    Please don't re-roll resto druid

    We finally start to be competitive in PvE and that's when everyone suddenly gives a shit about us. People like you are going to nerf us into the ground again, God damn re-rollers. Stay on your own class instead of ruining the one I've played since Vanilla
    Healing is always stupidly easy in the final tier of each expansion, doesn't matter what class you play.

  20. #20
    Stood in the Fire Littlepinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by bclumas View Post
    The problem isn't what you think it is. In regards to MAXIMIZING your potential, choosing a Tauren just simply offers you little in comparison to Troll. Why don't we all just tell him to pick up Herbalism and Mining, too? I mean, haste is a great stat and stamina keeps you alive, right? If he asked "should I pick up professions?" then the answer is obviously yes. But if they asked "what should I take to be most effective" it seems like you would reply with some stupid comment to discuss your entirely unhelpful opinion for the sheer fact that you have the ability to post. Thanks for your contribution: choose what you like to look at.

    Furthermore, I'm so grateful that you took the time to actually grammar check your post. It shows that you know how to successfully install Word, copy, and paste. I also thank you for stopping the obvious hemorrhaging of word vomit that you originally started with. It wasn't needed.

    Back on topic, I will post a few weak auras for the OP tonight that can help track important cooldowns and buffs.
    I don't know how many times over the years that Warstomp saved the raid from a wipe due to me being able to stun multiple adds. Great ex: on ragnaros when the adds did their B Line for the hammer. as a tauren druid i could stun up to 3 adds in that phase ( saving us a wipe in the process ).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •