Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can it be....? A song worse than Friday? I think she might have just pulled it off.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

blame it on consumer culture

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    It sucks. But every era has had both good and bad music. And to be honest the last couple of years have actually been very good for new music. You have to dig through a lot of crap to get to the good stuff, but the good stuff has been really good.
    For every "Thrift Store" and "Gangnam Style", you must endure a 'motto' or 'mass text' in this instance.
    So there are people who think "Thrift Store" and "Gangnam Style" belong on a list of good music? I must just be too old or something.

Bad song? Check.
    Scary stalker girl? Check.
    Conclusion: Satire.

Quote Originally Posted by Beenie View Post
    So there are people who think "Thrift Store" and "Gangnam Style" belong on a list of good music? I must just be too old or something.

I had the same reaction.. I mean, I get it, it was easy happy catchy bubblegum.. But good music? I don't think its generational, I think it's a matter of different tastes.

Stuff like this will continue to be made as long as people keep listening to bland, soulless music without any thought behind it whatsoever.

inb4 "omg everyone has different taste in music". And sure, but don't even for a second try to tell me that the overall quality of (mostly mainstream) music hasn't detoriated over the last decade.

But yeah, this song has got to be satire. I really hope it is, it's not always that easy to tell.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    She looks old. too old for a teen popstar.
    yah, pretty sure I can see her 'best before date' blinker going off in her hand, time to ship her off to 'too old to be relevant island' with the rest of the old mtv and much music vj's.
    simpsons 1 pop culture 0...oh wait...dammit!
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    yah, pretty sure I can see her 'best before date' blinker going off in her hand, time to ship her off to 'too old to be relevant island' with the rest of the old mtv and much music vj's.
    simpsons 1 pop culture 0...oh wait...dammit!
    Pretty sure the point was that to be a "teen pop star" a requirement is being a teenager. You know, between the ages of 13 and 19...hence the term "teen." Being 20 for example, wouldn't be a teenager...or in her case, 24. Not time for carousel yet.

In short, lighten up Francis.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-07-18 at 06:24 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Can it be....? A song worse than Friday? I think she might have just pulled it off.
    Think? i think it just like sailed past it
    Why...
    What the hell is with people
    WHY WOULD ANYONE MAKE THIS?
    its like they used 'mass text' for a different word >.>

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    Think? i think it just like sailed past it
    Why...
    What the hell is with people
    WHY WOULD ANYONE MAKE THIS?
    its like they used 'mass text' for a different word >.>
    mass text....
    ass text...
    ass ex...
    ass sex.

Mind...blown...

Seems to obviously be satire. The girl is too old looking, not attractive in the way a young pop star is, and even the guy doesn't fit the build of someone in these pop videos. The dancing and everything seems satirical, I think you might have something wrong with you if you didn't pick up on that, but maybe we don't come from the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    mass text....
    ass text...
    ass ex...
    ass sex.

Mind...blown...
    You.. figured out the code
    good god

good god
    Robert Langdon ain't got shit on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloswin View Post
    I had the same reaction.. I mean, I get it, it was easy happy catchy bubblegum.. But good music? I don't think its generational, I think it's a matter of different tastes.
    I like them for the counter-cultural messages.

Thrift Store for example is opposite to the whole "Swag" thing.

Gangnam style, at the heart of it all, is about the pursuit of classy women instead of loose women.

Either way they beat the hell out of listening to Drake "Derp derp derp" to the same 2 bars of music repeated for 3 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you guys even think that R. Black's Friday is even close to the worst song that that exact same production company came out with you have a lot of learning to do.

If anything, Friday was the pinnacle of their year - they produced plenty of even worse songs sung by 12 year old girls who are even worse singers than R. Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I like them for the counter-cultural messages.

Thrift Store for example is opposite to the whole "Swag" thing.

Gangnam style, at the heart of it all, is about the pursuit of classy women instead of loose women.

Either way they beat the hell out of listening to Drake "Derp derp derp" to the same 2 bars of music repeated for 3 minutes.
    Gangnam Style was actually a mockery of the hoity-toity middle class of Seoul, or something like that. Basically mocking "Korean Posers." It's also goddamn hilarious.

15+ Year Old Account
    good god
    ROFL

If it isn't satire, god help future generations.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    If you guys even think that R. Black's Friday is even close to the worst song that that exact same production company came out with you have a lot of learning to do.

If anything, Friday was the pinnacle of their year - they produced plenty of even worse songs sung by 12 year old girls who are even worse singers than R. Black.
    That Thanksgiving one with the fuckin pederast in a turkey costume was more frightening than anything I have ever seen before. If you muted the video and played something like White Rabbit it's like watching a Cronenberg film.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-07-18 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I feel bad for this girl. Didn't anyone learn anything from Rebecca Black?
    Sure. Void Rays all the way!

15+ Year Old Account
    What about this?

"There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.