Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I do the same all the time and maybe 9/10 times the player either dont listen or insult me rather than taking my tips and hints. If you ask for help why on earth do you yell at me like iv just kicked you in the balls or something?
    Anyways i agree with you OP. LFR for me now is just a grind to get those damn titan stones, once i get those i dout ill step foot in LFR for a while. I think those that are a little lower in terms of gear often is alts and the player that plays said alts just want to gear his alt up asap without really enjoying his new lvl 90, and i cant seem to grasp why.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I do the same all the time and maybe 9/10 times the player either dont listen or insult me rather than taking my tips and hints. If you ask for help why on earth do you yell at me like iv just kicked you in the balls or something?
    Are you sure they asked? I can see why they would be upset if you randomly made suggestions even if you were correct...i absolutely hate it when random strangers tell me what to do unless i specifically ask them :S I don't care if their suggestions are the best thing since sliced bread, if i didn't ask i will go for the throat :S

Thanks guys but i don't consider what i did to be anormal, the fact that the person actually listened to me is what i considered special, i just think if it was possible to have that kind of interaction more often in LFD/LFR, game would be more enjoyable.

I had a similar experience helping a freshly minted paladin tank out in LFR who whispered me asking for advice because he had very little tanking experience and was getting flamed by the rest of the raid because of silly mistakes.

I only had to give him really brief explanations during the trash packs & boss fights thru whisper and we got thru it just fine.

Afterwards, he asked me a whole bunch of questions about tanking in general, various LFRs & their mechanics, etc. - and I pointed him at a few guides/tanking resources.

A few days later, we teamed up to chain the Throne of Thunder LFR's and he tanked it perfectly!

I find that most of the time when I politely explain tricky mechanics, I get a /w THANK YOU!!! from someone in the raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    When a homeless person is rambling in the streets, it's better to ignore them than argue with them. On the internets it's clearly better to spend an entire week proving them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I've tanked LFR in terrible gear, it's terribly easy too, that's because healers were carrying me 0o When one person is low geared others have to compensate.
    I agree. Whenever I see the "it's easy in greens" posts, I know that other players were working harder to get the raid completed.

Also, in many stories, posters leave out the insults, name calling and threats they used in their run, but they still don't know why, "nobody ever listens in lfr/lfd groups." If you're polite and friendly, you'll have a better shot at having a positive experience like the OP.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly my impression is that it's pretty frequent the tanks are communicating via /w, and if that's the case, it doesn't matter too much if one of them is inexperienced.

In other words it's working as it should, and LFR really isn't as terrible as people make it out to be, not all the time.

To the people who are complaining that they gave advice and it wasn't well received: Did someone ask you for advice first?