T 15 4Piece Mandatory?

I know that the mage T 15 4 Piece for fire is very strong with a static increase in crit to pyroblast, our main damage spell. But I have picked up the heroic head of Horridon and im using the thuderforged crit hit chest off council. Having to replace the chest with a 522 tier chest to get the 4 set will drop 1156 crit from the chest and the gem slots in the chest. ( i know there are gems in the tier chest) It just seems that with the 1600 crit increase with the head plus intellect and upgrading to 543 from a 522 tier head with no crit seems like a good option. But would it be better to get the 4 piece and go from a huge crit 536 chest to a 522 chest with no mastery?

Thanks, Courser US-Malygos

Is the 4 piece mandatory?

Short answer: Yes.
    Long answer: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

Kidding.

But in all seriousness, 4-piece T15 increases the crit chance of our highest-damage spell by 6.5% (after critical mass). That's the equivalent of 3900 critical strike rating, or most heavily weighted stat, which no straight ilevel upgrade can really make up for.

But seeing as how intellect is basically 1 int = 1 SP and i know crit is our best stat, but that is just because we cant reforge to spell power. With replacing my chest and head i would gain 84 int but keeping the chest and replacing the head would get me 624 int plus increased haste and ~2k crit

Quote Originally Posted by Courser View Post
    But seeing as how intellect is basically 1 int = 1 SP and i know crit is our best stat, but that is just because we cant reforge to spell power. With replacing my chest and head i would gain 84 int but keeping the chest and replacing the head would get me 624 int plus increased haste and ~2k crit
    4 piece all the way dude.

2 Crit > 1 Int. You be the judge, OP.

TL(azy);DM(ath): 4P, go.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by awildpidgeyappears View Post
    Is the 4 piece mandatory?

Short answer: Yes.
    Long answer: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

Kidding.

But in all seriousness, 4-piece T15 increases the crit chance of our highest-damage spell by 6.5% (after critical mass). That's the equivalent of 3900 critical strike rating, or most heavily weighted stat, which no straight ilevel upgrade can really make up for.
    um...no, its 3000 crit rating to 1 spell

Um.. It's 6.5% crit to 1 spell that is about 70% of your damage. 4pc and Horridon helm or 4pc and Primo chest are BiS, no question but im sure that is just going to start another argument

- - - Updated - - -

This is assuming that you don't need the hit from the council chest. You said you are in heroics and since hit is over abundant I don't think that is the case

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenbud View Post
    Um.. It's 6.5% crit to 1 spell that is about 70% of your damage. 4pc and Horridon helm or 4pc and Primo chest are BiS, no question but im sure that is just going to start another argument

- - - Updated - - -

This is assuming that you don't need the hit from the council chest. You said you are in heroics and since hit is over abundant I don't think that is the case
    70% of your dmg? Are you playing a different game than other mages or you're simply doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebinnaattori View Post
    70% of your dmg? Are you playing a different game than other mages or you're simply doing something wrong.
    I may have been overzealous with 70% and didn't elaborate. Pyro ~30%, combustion ~20% and ignite ~15%. 6.5% additional crit to Pyroblast leads to bigger ignites which in turn leads to bigger Combustions just for having the 4pc you will get a significant increase to you damage dealers that make up toughly 60-65% of your damage. Satisfied?

Deleted
    You should be wearing the head from Horridon and the the normal 4 piece. In essence, you are really just querying if having the 536 chest from council is worth losing the 4 piece for, the answer is emphatically no.

Below is the fully gemmed/reforged stats for each item:

536 Thunderforged Council Chest:

1735 Int
    1475 Crit
    1335 Hit

522 Tier Chest:

1578 Int
    1026 Crit
    1002 Hit
    579 Mastery

Yes you lose 157 Int and 449 Crit (0.75%) but you gain 6.5% extra crit on your Pyro. You can also double upgrade the Tier chest and get it even closer.

Honestly the 4 piece is a MUST. As far as INT goes...I believe, correct me if I am wrong here, that 1 crit = 2 INT. Which makes the 320 crit gem much more valuable. I don't really dabble with fire primarily cause my RNG is quite terrible even with almost 45% innate crit(pre critical mass) raid buffed.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebinnaattori View Post
    Pyroblast is roughly 30-40% of your damage.

If you crit more Pyros, it leads to bigger Ignites, which contributes to about 10-15% of your damage

If you have bigger Ignites, it contributes to bigger Combustions, which is around another 15-20%

30+10+15 = 55% (40+15+20 = 75%).

So while it's not really 70%, it's definitely going to contribute to a majority of your damage, despite it only LOOKING one one spell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    Honestly the 4 piece is a MUST. As far as INT goes...I believe, correct me if I am wrong here, that 1 crit = 2 INT.
    1 INT < 2 CRIT

You mixed that up quite a bit. If 1 crit was = 2 int, Blizzard made a really bad turn at Albuquerque.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.