Thread: Dear Blizzard

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dear Blizzard

If you're going to allow Gateway in arena and think it's fine, allow army of the dead & lay on hands. It's the same cheesy %^*£ and it makes it ridiculously harder to kill ANYTHING. Especially when you meet Lock/Boomkin and they just gateway across the arena and heal up for 20 minutes.
    Last edited by Sevaara; 2013-07-19 at 04:04 AM. Reason: cleaned up rage swearing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    If you're going to allow Gateway in arena and think it's fine, allow army of the dead & lay on hands. It's the same cheesey shit and it makes it ridiculously harder to kill ANYTHING. Especially when you meet fucking Lock/Boomkin and they just gateway across the arena and heal up for 20 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh also, not being able to death grip while they're mid air using gateway? really? XDDDDDDDDDDDD play warlock next patch or fucking lose.
    Where's my like button? I totally agree, gateways in arena are blatantly overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    Where's my like button? I totally agree, gateways in arena are blatantly overpowered.
    Thank you. I mean, if it was limited to like 1 use per minute or only so the lock can use it, that's fine. But having the whole team being able to use it like every 15 seconds is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

Thank you. I mean, if it was limited to like 1 use per minute or only so the lock can use it, that's fine. But having the whole team being able to use it like every 15 seconds is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.
    You'll only be allowed to use it each 45 seconds next patch.
    Also... why not just destroy it?oO

Pointless thread is pointless. It's nerfed to one minute on PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    You'll only be allowed to use it each 45 seconds next patch.
    Also... why not just destroy it?oO
    Well, I'm playing Rdruid/DK atm in 2s and we met this boomkin/lock at 1830, first game I underestimated just how much damage and cc this comp has. 2nd game we eventually got a kill but the 3rd game was on the Tolvir arena. We stopped the first gateway summon, got the lock to around 5k hp before he popped all his dumb cds, we got heavily spam CC'd, both typhoon away, i got ns cloned, dk was coiled and feared and they ran away. Lock got his gateway cast off and we killed it pretty fast. He cast another. We gave up trying to kill it. I waited for heart of the wild but couldn't survive long enough. We're talking 18m damage on both the lock and boomkin after 15 minutes. The damage was insane. I'm surprised I kept the DK up as long as I did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    Pointless thread is pointless. It's nerfed to one minute on PTR.
    It's still stupidly over-powered. Why is Army of the Dead not usable in arena? it just summons a ton of pets. Hunters can do that instantly without a channel.

If they nerf our gateways they should give us our large summons... why can a shaman use his fire and earth totems.. and my lock cant use his infernal or doomguard?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    If it was you would hate it. It would become like Stampede currently is, thanks to a metric ton of childrens tears. Useless and undoubtedly the most boring CD in game.
    Just allow it in Arena as it is. I know army of the dead hits for a decent amount of damage so as soon as I see the DK channeling I'd stop it asap. Same with stampede, I blow fear on that just because it's annoying. Whereas gateway, I feel that some games are just impossible due to the spam of it. 5.4 will be fun anyway.

It is a predictable mechanism, pre-determined end and start locations which players must not deviate too far from if they are going to be able to utilise it.
    At least there is the option of screwing over or interfering with a distancing mechanism, which you cannot do readily if at all for other classes.
    It is already undergoing many balance adjustments, what players would call nerfs when they are on the receiving end of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It is a predictable mechanism, pre-determined end and start locations which players must not deviate too far from if they are going to be able to utilise it.
    At least there is the option of screwing over or interfering with a distancing mechanism, which you cannot do readily if at all for other classes.
    It is already undergoing many balance adjustments, what players would call nerfs when they are on the receiving end of.
    Of course the warlock stuff gets nerfed. it's the smallest played class, so we get 93% of the playerbase complaining about it
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Of course the warlock stuff gets nerfed. it's the smallest played class, so we get 93% of the playerbase complaining about it
    Or because locks have been competitive in high end PvP and high on DPS charts on fairly regularly since Wrath, in Cata they were given a legendary that worked very well with them because no one wanted to play them, then in MoP they were given an entire class revamp and made OP to try to draw people to the class. As soon as locks go to middle of the pack, people will forget they exist, because it simply isn't a class the majority of people want to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    Or because locks have been competitive in high end PvP and high on DPS charts on fairly regularly since Wrath, in Cata they were given a legendary that worked very well with them because no one wanted to play them, then in MoP they were given an entire class revamp and made OP to try to draw people to the class. As soon as locks go to middle of the pack, people will forget they exist, because it simply isn't a class the majority of people want to play.
    Are you kidding me? We're already losing run and cast, How about dealing with paladin burst, or hunters Iwin button, or the fact that every top 2s team ha a disc priest in it?

gateway is like stampede.. it isnt so bad if you know how to deal with it.. so learn how to deal with it? What's your class I bet I can find something "OP" about it
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I can't agree with you anymore.

It's nerfed already on PTR and it's needed in current state of the game - i've played ret/hunt/priest, war/hunt/priest, rogue/hunt/priest and without gateaway (or when lock screws placing one) it turns into complete stomp 9 games of 10. Think 45-60 sec cd will be fine for it, otherwise they won't live through initial cd spam that every setup is capable of. Thing is that without gateaway into port to relieve preassure locks fall over in 10-15 sec flat through all their cds and i don't see conventional cleave dmg droping compared to how they're now.

I see a lot of people agreeing with me but can I just ask, what are your views on other cooldowns being useable in arena? I mean, Army of the Dead as an example. Lay on Hands may be a bit too over the top or at least put a 5-10 minute cool down it. When you think about how many cooldowns a Disc Priest has in comparison to a Holy Paladin, the introduction of Lay on Hands back into arena may fix a few balance issues maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    blizzard dosent read MMO-champ dono why u adress them in a topic here

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    blizzard dosent read MMO-champ dono why u adress them in a topic here
    I'm perma banned on the official forums for 'harrassment'. That being naming and shaming win traders because they didn't get banned the season before for the same thing

Hmmm, nope, don't really find it that overpowered. It's insanely easy to predict and react to. It's only a problem on Z axis maps because Warlocks already have the ability to jump down/port up and other classes don't have enough mobility to keep up with both that and the gateway. It's fine on all other maps.

There's a reason 10min CDs can't be used, because they would be broken. Lay on Hands would be completely absurd in arenas and make Paladins completely overpowered. Army of the Dead really wouldn't do that much other than just be a pain to have to look at, doubt it would do much damage wise, but it's also like a 5 second channel and easy to stop. Wouldn't even be worth DKs casting it, so it doesn't make much of a difference if it's allowed or not.

Honestly you can just kill the gateway, if you don't want to do that then just use your own abilities to counter it. Every class has at least one way to do it, plus it's being nerfed next patch. There's no need for it to be removed.

Deleted
    So the gate CD is getting quadrupled CD in 5.4 and you still find the urge to make a topic?

Just allow it in Arena as it is. I know army of the dead hits for a decent amount of damage so as soon as I see the DK channeling I'd stop it asap. Same with stampede, I blow fear on that just because it's annoying. Whereas gateway, I feel that some games are just impossible due to the spam of it. 5.4 will be fun anyway.
    Did you ever played back in wotlk when army was usable? There is a reason why they should remove stuff like stampede and imp swarm from pvp- filling the screen with mongo pets is not fun or skilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    So the gate CD is getting quadrupled CD in 5.4 and you still find the urge to make a topic?

Did you ever played back in wotlk when army was usable? There is a reason why they should remove stuff like stampede and imp swarm from pvp- filling the screen with mongo pets is not fun or skilled.
    I don't have a problem with nameplates when army, stampede and imp swarm are up.