Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

flexi ilvl 540 confirmed

It showed up in the new Ptr build

/discuss

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa. Sizable jump from normal->Flex, and a small jump from heroic-> Flex. So ppl will be running Flex for gear for a little bit unless they have full H Thunderforged. Huh. I don't really see any problems with this besides potential ilvl inflation, which, imo, is awesome (Armor cap, crit cap, haste cap, hit cap, expertise caps here i come ). Miss being able to hit multiple caps like in ICC days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Remember it will be rolled out like LFR so I'd guess Flexi won't be available week 1. We were always going to have to do some of it anyway due to tier/trinkets as well so it's not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by vaccine View Post
    Remember it will be rolled out like LFR so I'd guess Flexi won't be available week 1. We were always going to have to do some of it anyway due to tier/trinkets as well so it's not a big deal.

Source of this?
    I think I missed it.

Deleted
    they did mention before that flex will be available from start and won't be like lfr starting in bits and parts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by accosk8 View Post
    Source of this?
    I think I missed it.
    They plan on unlocking it in wings, but faster than LFR wings.

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10175200/ under "You Have the Keys"

Probably week 1 - first wing of Flex. Week 2 - 2nd wing of Flex, 1st wing lfr etc.

Deleted
    i thought it was meant to go LFR > flexi > normal > HC?

10+ Year Old Account
    yea i thought flex was gonna be like on level with norm...why is the ilvl so high?

Well, as we were discussing last night in my guild, i will be worth for small / less hardcore / more casual guilds do just wrap up everyone and go for a night of flex farming to get some initial gear boosts (depending on how fast they plan to unlock flex wings).

I expect HM guilds to dash through normal and don't waste time on it, while it can be a decent alternative for alts run, off nights and such.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    normal gear is 553 afaik, 13 ilvls over flex.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, as we were discussing last night in my guild, i will be worth for small / less hardcore / more casual guilds do just wrap up everyone and go for a night of flex farming to get some initial gear boosts (depending on how fast they plan to unlock flex wings).

I expect HM guilds to dash through normal and don't waste time on it, while it can be a decent alternative for alts run, off nights and such.
    Quite on the contrary. Expect hc guilds to dash through normals AND flex. Any hc guild mill min/max their chars as much as possible, and flex providing 540 means it's upgrades over 535 tot heroic items. If not for anything else, then for tier/trinkets.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-07-19 at 07:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    normal gear is 553 afaik, 13 ilvls over flex.

Quite on the contrary. Expect hc guilds to dash through normals AND flex. Any hc guild mill min/max their chars as much as possible, and flex providing 540 means it's upgrades over 535 tot heroic items. If not for anything else, then for tier/trinkets.
    Im quite sure they remove upgrades in 5.4, so HC (None TF) items should all be ilvl 543 with 2/2 upgrades. But again, the trinkets are insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Yeah, forgot flex is a separate lockout - hardcore guilds go for every chance to get an upgrade.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Im quite sure they remove upgrades in 5.4, so HC (None TF) items should all be ilvl 543 with 2/2 upgrades. But again, the trinkets are insane!
    Upgrades are staying as there is no new VP vendor.

Upgrades are still in the air. They have not said a definite yes or no yet. They've talked about it a couple times and were always careful with their wording.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    i thought it was meant to go LFR > flexi > normal > HC?
    that's a common misconception. the only dependence is normal > HC. LFR and flex (not flexi!) are on their own. you don't need lfr and/or flex raid gear to be succesfull in normal mode raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yeah, forgot flex is a separate lockout - hardcore guilds go for every chance to get an upgrade.
    Which isn't a good thing. I hope I get all my items upgraded to 2/2 by that time so there won't be a need for flex. I'm probably gonna make it but meh.

Deleted
    Yeah no way that will stick - the presumption is normally that LFR gear would be tuned around what an average player would need to start killing things in normal. It should be at most 522 so as not to just automatically make ToT irrelevant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    you don't need lfr and/or flex raid gear to be succesfull in normal mode raids.
    Looking at the obstacles in this tier (beginning with Horridon) for the majority of the playerbase i beg to differ. Yes, the elite managed to kill all those in last tiers heroic and less. But mind you that most of them went into ToT with both gear (515+) and the grasp of game mechanics and a decent understanding of their own class. The rest was decked in ilvl 500 at maximum and looking at the stat gains from a sole tier worth of gear that's no small difference in potential dps.

Add the value of several pieces like trinkets and set boni which has been already mentioned. Don't forget that all those have RPPM and with that and a focus on haste a full normalmode t14 twice upgraded raider would lose to a lfr geared t15 not upgraded raider all the time given equal skill/starting situation.

Flexi will still be rather irrelevant for HC raiders as you won't have the valor to upgrade flex gear and then it's 3 ilvl under ToT HC gear so unless the itemization is better (or trinkets) it'll matter little if you do it.