Thread: Healers WTF?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    You already have 1v1's it's called duels....

Burst dmg is on a downtrend (for every class w/ the LONE exception of Shaman), fights last a hell of a lot longerm healers possess more CC abilities than ever before and everyone possesses roughly the same resilience. All these factors "Greatly" benefit healers and the sad thing is that healers proved to be very strong even before the patch 5.3 stupidity. If you disagree, let me provide one dead on accurate point. Give me a healer and a dps, new 90's w/an I lvl of around 435 and no Pvp gear, a mix of blues and greens. The dps will still be "useless" in a bg, however: the healer can still be a "major" contributor.

i hate a mistweaver more, jogs along spamming healing sphere while 5 ppl dps him, mana and hp refuses to move, so they stun him...rofl immune to attacks, ohhh this shit is going to take a while, meanwhile their team is winning the bg elsewhere while a mistweaver trolls all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Burst dmg is on a downtrend (for every class w/ the LONE exception of Shaman), fights last a hell of a lot longerm healers possess more CC abilities than ever before and everyone possesses roughly the same resilience. All these factors "Greatly" benefit healers and the sad thing is that healers proved to be very strong even before the patch 5.3 stupidity. If you disagree, let me provide one dead on accurate point. Give me a healer and a dps, new 90's w/an I lvl of around 435 and no Pvp gear, a mix of blues and greens. The dps will still be "useless" in a bg, however: the healer can still be a "major" contributor.
    Both the healer and DPS would be detrimental to the group, why? Because they are lacking in PvP Power, which healers benefit quite a lot from. Meaning that their heals are going to do pretty much nothing, including shields and everything. They both are going to suck in the BG. But if healers are so important and healing is greatly benefited, than why is it that in 2's most of the comps are double DPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    You already have 1v1's it's called duels....
    The hell with duels. You cant earn conquest with duels. You cant climb a ladder with duels.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    The hell with duels. You cant earn conquest with duels. You cant climb a ladder with duels.
    Do you have any idea how imbalanced 2's and duels are? It's insane! Why would you want to play in a bracket where only one class would completely dominate? That seems ridiculous. Sure it would be nice if more thought were to be put into 2's as it is the most played bracket, but not thought that is catered to people sub 1750 complaining about how they were in a blind for 8 seconds and there team mate died.

Deleted
    Areans to me is not a team effort. Its toss 2 people in and a fight to the death
    You are just the type of person I would never take into an arena team. You ether suck or you are missing the point in arenas.

Give me a healer and a dps, new 90's w/an I lvl of around 435 and no Pvp gear, a mix of blues and greens. The dps will still be "useless" in a bg, however: the healer can still be a "major" contributor.
    This only proves how some classes are much more gear dependent. And no, look at the ptr, almost everyones burst is going up.
    Last edited by mmoc4f448e7a9a; 2013-07-20 at 08:19 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Disc mana regen is getting a huge nerf next patch. Spirit shell aswell. Unless they revert it.

Actually, Mind Bender dmg has been increased by 10% and the Mana return has been increased by 20%^^

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Disc mana regen is getting a huge nerf next patch. Spirit shell aswell. Unless they revert it.
    inb4 it gets buffed cuz raiding complainers cry all day

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Actually, Mind Bender dmg has been increased by 10% and the Mana return has been increased by 20%^^
    Oh that's just great...

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    burst damage is on the a downtrend?!?! wth game have you been playing, it really is burst or be bursted game play, in most cases every class is broken down to: burst cds, shield wall cds, and various cc. and the specs with the best of those three things are the strongest.

Deleted
    Well, saying Disc isn't strong, is just a lie. : / Of all healing classes, are they by far the hardest to even dent. And saying CC, well, healers possess much CC tools as well their partner, so many times when you try to CC and dish your burst on them, you might end up CC-chained as you planed to do on the healer. So far is Disc seriously the only healing spec I haven't been able to kill in 2v2, other healers specs can be damn hard, but they take the price. At least when it comes to me. :>

Now I don't know how Disc are in 3v3 and 5v5 and such, and no, I'm not a top player so yes, you can say I suck and Disc isn't good, just me that is a baddy, but still think Disc need to be adjust to a level like other healers, cause they seem to be way up on top.

Deleted
    Disc is godmode. It won't kill you in 1v1 but you will NEVER kill him. Only way to kill a disc is 3-4 dps with cds on him.

Disc is God Mode. Did you miss the memo?

Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    Disc is godmode.
    haha jinx.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    inb4 it gets buffed cuz raiding complainers cry all day

- - - Updated - - -

Oh that's just great...
    I'm actually not sure, why Disc Mana regen is being buffed. As far as I know, there haven't been any major complaints about it. Ofc I wouldn't wanna compare Disc regen to that of Resto Druid or Shaman but that's how it's been for ages now. I can't remember the last time our Disc has had serious Mana issues. We're 13/13 and we're 2 healing most encounters with Disc/Druid. Meaning that the Druid uses his Innervate on himself and we don't have a Boomkin. So the only other Mana our Priest can get, is the Hymn of Hope from our Spriest and yet she's been fine this entire expansion.

Also, I haven't seen the "huge nerf" Proberly is talking about. Could be, I just missed it. But I wouldn't count on Discs being less OP in 2's next season sorry.

Every healers has been op this expansion at one point disc priest aren't any different. Just cc him while nuking his partner we don't have thousands of ways out of cc unless we time it really well.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.