Deleted

EM,BL and Enhance

Hey guys,

I've been trying to find more advanced dps topics for enhance, specifically when to use EM and when not to. I've been using AS up until now but noticed a lot of the top enhancers pick EM instead so assume if played well it can reward more dps overal.

Is the difference between the two substantial?
    Should I stack it with BL?
    Should I use it on cooldown? Or save it for use when I've got other cooldowns available?

If anyone has any other tips they can think of I'd welcome the help.

Use it on cooldown, it will sync with Asc and glyphed FET every other usage.

The difference isn't substantial, except for the following situations:

- If you have gimmick phases of a fight, like Jin'rokh's water pools, that increase damage by 40%, then EM performs significantly better (combined with PE).
    - If you have fights where there can be unexpected movement, or time off of a boss, then EM can turn into a detriment, if you lose boss contact, during one of your 20-second EM windows. In these fights, AS performs better.

I primarily run EM/PE, as it seems like it performs better, overall, on most fights. I typically open up with an all-ability burst, where I have both EM and BL active, at the same time. Just note that the haste bonuses are multiplicative, so you won't get an additional 60% haste. But, since haste, combined with the PE talent makes the fire elemental do insane damage (I've had tortos breath wipes, where my fire elemental alone did more damage/dps than the person in 2nd place on recount). So, I think it's worth popping them together.

I use EM on cooldown. The only exception would be the Jin'rokh-type scenario, where you want to save your CDs for the gimmick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maios View Post
    Use it on cooldown, it will sync with Asc and glyphed FET every other usage.
    That synchronization is changing in 5.4 though, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    That synchronization is changing in 5.4 though, isn't it?
    The FET sync is changing, but currently (as you've sort of explained), you can try to plan around these burst windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    - If you have fights where there can be unexpected movement, or time off of a boss, then EM can turn into a detriment, if you lose boss contact, during one of your 20-second EM windows. In these fights, AS performs better.
    I can't think of a single fight in game where you couldn't fit in regular 20 seconds windows. AS will always be worse when you have your uptime reduced on the boss (what is AS doing for you on lei shen these days?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I can't think of a single fight in game where you couldn't fit in regular 20 seconds windows. AS will always be worse when you have your uptime reduced on the boss (what is AS doing for you on lei shen these days?)
    I'm thinking primarily of some RNG-type situations, where a randomly-targeting ability requires you to run out. Probably a bad example though.