Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How do you want the next expansions land to be?

Do you want it to be huge with like 12 zones, or small but packed with content? DO you want there to be another wintergrasp type zone? Do you want there to be no dailys or a ton? How do you want the next expansions continent to look?

I want a wintergrasp type zone again with no flying aloud, and the battle is always going. While your factions holds the keep or whatever, you get buffs in the whole continent, but you could lose the keep at any moment. Constant action.

I want 9+ zones packed with about as much content as Pandaria with about half as many dailys and each zone having battlefield barrens style stuff going on.

I want lots of rares with epic rewards, world bosses to stay, and lots of 5 man rares that take 4+ people to take down like the warbringers with good loot and rewards for non raiders.

I want dungeons and raids to be represented in the outdoors like temple of the jade serpent with questing taking place there.

I want a cool villain thats in my face almost as much as the lich king was.

I want jumping and exploration challenges/puzzles in the world for vanity items/titles/achievements. They could place jump pads and speed boosts and have them littered around the continent.

I want some minor pvp objectives in some zones like in hellfire peninsula.

I want it to be like Outland and Northrend with 10 levels of questing.

Want to see a Dark Stoic Argus.
    Guess it would essentially be alot like outlaid with a black/grey color scheme.

Could even have the horde/alliance share the same landing zone in support of presenting a unified front for the final battles against the legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a big place with more than one leveling area to choose from. Two start areas, two mid-point areas and some overlap. I definitely want a Wintergrasp again.

Personally I want a huge place with 2-3 different zones for each level. I want some zones to allow flying at all levels, some to require 95, and some to not allow flying at all. I want 1-2 zones for max levels full of differant things to do. I would love an around the clock WG type zone.

Is that realistic? Probly not. Would it be epic? hell yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    Personally I want a huge place with 2-3 different zones for each level. I want some zones to allow flying at all levels, some to require 95, and some to not allow flying at all. I want 1-2 zones for max levels full of differant things to do. I would love an around the clock WG type zone.

Is that realistic? Probly not. Would it be epic? hell yeah
    I like the idea of having some zones with no flying and others with some flying. Though I'd only want 1 maybe 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i want 2 zones to allways xhoose form while leeling.

If its 10 levels that means

zone A 90-92
    zone B 92-93
    Zone C 92-93
    Zone D 93-95
    Zone E 93-95
    Zone F 95-97
    Zone G 96-98
    Zone H 98-100
    Zone I 98-100

With a pvp zone.
    i also want another zone like the vale with lots of stuff to do.

I want an 11 zone continent as big as northrend with as much to do as pandaria in 5.4 all at launch.

Deleted
    I would love a big continent with preferbaly 10 levels.

12 zones, 8 leveling zones, 2 huge endgame zones, 1 endgame daily zone and 1 endgame zone like Isle of Giants.

Besides that I am fine with either some disjoined zones like 3 sets of 4 zones or with one big huge continent. Besides that I want quests and no events as the events only give useless rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    dat '' I want'' spam holy crap lol.

id actually rather have an expansion with 30-40 levels and say 12-15 zones, having access only to 8-9 of them at max level and then have some story develop that unlocks the other zones. this will also mean 7-8 patches with instances and bosses, some instanced, some out-world, lore everywhere, etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    i want a place i can blow through mindlessly in under 10hours so i can start working towards end game content just like every other expansion.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    id actually rather have an expansion with 30-40 levels and say 12-15 zones, having access only to 8-9 of them at max level and then have some story develop that unlocks the other zones. this will also mean 7-8 patches with instances and bosses, some instanced, some out-world, lore everywhere, etc.
    That is a cool idea. 10 levls 10 zones at launch 2 other zones locked off. You can unlock the zones based on your Servers participation.

Deleted
    We're really not going to get 10 levels per expansion again.

Zone A 90-91
    Zone B 90-91
    Zone C 91-93
    Zone D 92-94
    Zone E 93-95
    Zone F 94-95
    Zone G 95

Would also like areas in each zone which were 95 only, limited to flying only etc.

Alternatively it would be pretty cool if zones could be phased as you progress so they're entirely different once you finish quest lines/hit 95. To show that we're actually progressing through time.

I just want world PVP, with naval, aerial and mounted combat man, with concentrated incentives around the world to make players go there and fight.

I've asked Blizzard for this for 6 years, and what we got was Wintergrasp, then it got dumbed down out of aerial units (they're still on the WOTLK box though lol), then TB which was even worse, and to top it all it's a cooldown BG claiming to be OWPVP.

They keep making more and more and more BGs and Arenas but it's all so repetitive and fake, I wonder if the founding fathers of WoW had this in mind for WoW's pvp when showing us trailers of lines of Alliance and Horde soldiers dishing out in the middle of Westfall...

15+ Year Old Account
    FLAT AS FUCK so I never EVER EVVVERRR see "no path available" when trying to use heroic leap... SMH!!!!

I really liked TBC layout however...each zone had it's own feel to it and it was really fun leveling up and discovering each place.

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    Want to see a Dark Stoic Argus.
    Guess it would essentially be alot like outlaid with a black/grey color scheme.

Could even have the horde/alliance share the same landing zone in support of presenting a unified front for the final battles against the legion.
    Agree with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    i want a place i can blow through mindlessly in under 10hours so i can start working towards end game content just like every other expansion.
    Oh how very creative.

Deleted
    I think Wrath, as bad as it was otherwise had the best zones so far but I don't think we get another snowy, northern expansion this soon. Besides it doesn't exactly fit with the whole burning legion theme. Otherwise I wish they gave players more freedom, larger zones, not so obvious quest chain that conveniently lead you from one hub to another. Big areas, lots to discover but there doesn't have to be that many zones, I guess 7-9 would be more than enough if theyre large enough,

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see the South Seas and the places known as Kul Tiras with Zuldare being the dungeon, The Broken Isles with Tomb of Sargeras being a dungeon, Kezan and Undermine being like a underground city type dungeon, the Plunder Isle to for the Bloodsail Pirates, and finally Tel Abim.
    These places can be like introduced to and the wrecked Zandalar isle can be in the South Seas to.
    For the Horde!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    An item squish to accommodate the 10 levels for the next expansion. Now it can't be nice items with like 9999 stamina 9999 strength well personally I know were heroes and everything but it just seems silly for a normal attack to hit for 100k+

I would like a lot of choice. I felt that Pandaria was alright - it was pointing in the direction I like, as far as zones. They were all very large, but there were very few. One thing I liked about Northrend was the choice between two places to start questing. Cataclysm followed up with this. Granted, it wasn't a problem in the Jade Forest, but at first it was way too crowded there. Everyone starting at the exact same areas for their faction...it caused glitches and such. I was stuck on the helicopter for like 20 minutes.

I'd like to see a tropical area. We've had a few, but none that we stick around for, for a while. Much like how Northrend was mostly snow, and had themes of tundra-esque places, I'd like to see a continent/several islands with all kinds of wildlife and plant life that reflect it. I would love several real-world refences to culture expressed int he tropical area (much more than what we've been shown from Trolls).

Ideally, it would be about 8 zones - two starting zones (90-91), two zones after (91-92), a larger zone that would connect all the previous ones (92-93), and two end zones (93-94, 94-95). The last zone would be a wintergrasp/tol barad/timeless isle area with pvp, world bosses, and/or pet stuff. They could add new areas/islands as the expansion goes on, or they could excavate more of the areas already shown to have the raids and such. I'd like each zone to have tons of quests and fun things to do. I'd like to learn everything there is to learn about the place before we move on to the next zone - a concept done very well in Pandaria imo.

A tropical area/island chain would be a very interesting place. I liked the looks of the Lost Isles, however it fit for that one purpose. There were few people there, no huge civilizations. I'd like to find hidden, undiscovered civilizations or Titan places. Another Titan vault/city that starts with Uld- would be perfect. There could be all kinds of wonderous hidden things inside the jungles and ancient cities of the previously unknown races we discover.

Alternatively, we could have underwater zones. I know most people hate that idea because of Vashj'ir. I, however, would love it if we couldn't swim, and the concept was basically the same as above-ground zones. We'd walk, jump, and use mounts (however, there could be a plethora of sea mounts added instead of flying). The explanation would be the pressure of the ocean causing us to not be allowed to swim...(or magic). For an underwater zone, we could have sunken cities of the Highborne, the kingdom of the Makrura, hidden vaults of the Titans, forgotten horrors, or other races. I'd want an Atlantis-like feeling there. There could definitely be a kingdom of Kvaldir that extends on the storyline of the rivalry between them and the Naga. The same layout and concept would be the same - about 8 zones with plenty to do.

I liked how Pandaria was handled - I like having too much to do. I would just hope the new zones look different in the next expansion than anything else we've seen.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.