Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Guards are 100% useless.

Was leveling with a buddy of mine and once we got to scholozar we kept getting camped by 2 90's. Finally made it to the town where hemet nesingway is thinking we would be safe with guards around. Well that is 100% false. Guards are barely even touching the 90's health. How about blizz buffs guards a little bit in lower lvl zones so this nonsense doesn't happen. I understand getting ganked while questing, but when im IN a little town and the 90's can easily kill me without any consequences of guards killing them that's just wrong.

Get off a pvp server.

Not nonsense. Thats the awesome thing about pvp servers.

All guards can't be undefeatable, thatll just ruin the experience of city-raiding & else-wise for those who like to. And if you're complaining in a PVP server, you pretty much asked for it

Deleted
    Guards in little towns have never been really useful...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want powerful guards, roll on a PvE server. I got 1-shot before even dismounting.

I agree it is lame, but at the same time the guards can't be so powerful that they are untouchable. Fact is you have like 20k hp and that is a single spell for a level 90, they blow hard and kill you. Nothing a guard can do about that.
    If you want a safe zone then you have to play a PvE server, im not trolling just stating a fact.
    Nesingway's camp is also far from an area to be considered "protected" under any circumstance

That aside though, I guess guards are -supposed- to offer at least some kind of protection. Or, thats how it would be irl

10+ Year Old Account
    Just hire some flight masters and their mounts to guard it instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomial17 View Post
    Get off a pvp server.

Not nonsense. Thats the awesome thing about pvp servers.
    That is just a stupid comment. I don't know what to say about people using them. Just because it is a PvP server doesn't mean you should be forced to move to a different server to avoid getting killed over and over and over and .... over and over again. Guards in all small towns or bases should really be buffed. Anyone that thinks they should be killable by solo players are wrong. You aren't meant to be able to take over a whole town alone. At least they should make so you need a whole party (5 players).

We should dock their pay! That'll show those useless guards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    That is just a stupid comment. I don't know what to say about people using them. Just because it is a PvP server doesn't mean you should be forced to move to a different server to avoid getting killed over and over and over and .... over and over again. Guards in all small towns or bases should really be buffed. Anyone that thinks they should be killable by solo players are wrong. You aren't meant to be able to take over a whole town alone. At least they should make so you need a whole party (5 players).
    Guards are buffed in PvE servers. They are weaker on PvP servers on purpose, so there's more PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomial17 View Post
    Thats the awesome thing about pvp servers.
    Yes PvP servers are every masochists dream paradise, getting ganked by ridiculously overpowered retards is all and everything they were made for, since hey you couldn't do meaningful PvP stuff on a PvP server even if you tried...

Just because it is a PvP server doesn't mean you should be forced to move to a different server to avoid getting killed over and over and over and .... over and over again.
    Yes it does. When you roll on a PvP server, you accept the risk of being ganked by higher level players. That's how it's always been.

Flight masters are ur friend, they saved my lock from a 90 rogue once

10+ Year Old Account
    Buffing the guards won't do anything, especially not in small camps like the one in scholozar basin. A lvl90 would still be able to one shot a lowbie and escape the guards even if they are buffed.

The easiest way to deal with people camping you is to just logout for a while, 10-15 minutes. Take a walk around the block, go to the store and buy a soda or something.

People who argue about it being a PVP server.... some of us rolled when 60 was the cap and a group of 19s could kill a 60.. not even that many needed. When guards PROTECTED and were not solo'able unless you kited them.

They do need to update guards, special ones who protect center of a town, ones outside as a weak warning.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they buff them to level 90, then lower level players wouldn't be able to organize a raid to assault those towns which is common on some PvP realms.

It really is as simple as, "If you don't want to get ganked, transfer realms". The player knew what they were signing up for when they made a character there.

The only solution I see would be to make these guards do damage based on HP and I don't see Blizzard caring that much about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakilorne View Post
    People who argue about it being a PVP server.... some of us rolled when 60 was the cap and a group of 19s could kill a 60.. not even that many needed. When guards PROTECTED and were not solo'able unless you kited them.

They do need to update guards, special ones who protect center of a town, ones outside as a weak warning.
    Guards were easy to kill even in vanilla. The only time it was hard were when you for some reason thought it was a good idea to attack stormwind/iron forge etc. And the reason that was hard was not because of the damage the guards did, it was because of the insane number of guards that spawned.
    Last edited by zephid; 2013-07-19 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP Happened on a PvP Server, find a PvP solution or reroll to a carebear server. I don't see why that's so stupid, getting killed over and over and over again is PvP last time I checked, but I forgot, let's nerf guards because someone is selective about what does and doesn't define PvP.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think all guards everywhere should offer some sort of challenge even to a level 90 ganker. I mean, the guards should at least bother them with a decent healthpool. That's how it is on a PvE server. The guards actually take some time to kill and they can add up making it hard to easily corpse camp someone in the middle of their own town.

I'm all for PvP and everything, but sheesh. Corpse camped in the middle of town is a bit much.