Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[BALANCE] HC Twin Consorts

Hi,

My group is trying tomorrow to kill HC Twin. Yesterday we had some tries, but we didn't have a great progress yesterday, to be honest.
    But I think my DPS should be better then I did yesterday, so I need some tips to make smoothly. (I had too much Cosmic Barrage [knockback] I think.)

You can check the WoL if needed: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/gmsfaij9105bh3em/
    If you want to check the video I recorded, that's possible: http://nl.twitch.tv/aoshi84/c/2542928
    My character: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ineta/advanced

For your information:

Tomorrow we have the next setup:
    Prot Paladin - Blood Death Knight - Holy Paladin - Restoration Shaman - Discipline Priest
    Balance Druid (that's me) - Fire Mage - Assassination Rogue - Warlock (dunno what spec) - Hunter (dunno what spec)
    Probably that means I'll need to use Faerie Fire every 30 seconds.

One thing I would recommend is, if you can afford it, but some 522 boe boots, and if you have a heroic light of cosmos, replace it with that Woosholays.
    One of the more important parts of the fight is bursting Suen while she's doing her dance in phase 1. Saving starfall for this is a good thing (and a dps increase), and if you really want to go all out you could pre-plant some mushrooms.

If you're just worried about overall meters, I've had some decent results with popping starfall, Incarnation prepot, starsurging Suen @ 2 seconds on the countdown, then CA immediately after and dot Suen then Lu'lin. I don't know how many adds are in 10 man, but it's not super efficient for you to be hurricaning them when your warlock and hunter can cleave them, so just go into p2 using your cooldowns normally. If you're afraid of losing your raid spot because of your overall damage you could hurricane with incarnation and second pot and that should propel you to the top.

Also if your rotation is being severely disrupted by crashing stars, you can delay your starsurge proc for 1-2 seconds and use it while you're being knocked back if you pay attention to the timer.

I'm not worried, but I just think I can do better then yesterday or this is my limit?

Deleted
    Oke, this is how we did it and it worked very well:

Let the fire mage hit suen at the pull, and the rest on the blue dude. Then all spread out, so you dont get double hit by cosmic barrage. Communicate where you see the little adds casting from. Then when suen comes out have the hunter md her on to the fire mage, and rest of the range nuke her, let the fire mage kite around the edges where the little adds were casting from to get them out. Tanks should taunt those little ones, and have moonkin multidot the adds and SS proc on boss. You should aim to have blue guy to about 30% or lower. When suen comes out, pop hero, use i think Ox statue, and then full out nuke the living hell out of her. Use the first meteor to hide behind when she does inferno (make sure no one is to close to the comet before!! it will melt and you will wipe). Second meteor you can melt with the tank to drop some stacks, use the crane statue at that time for some more damage. Aim to have her around 20% or less. Last phase, use the slowing statue when tidal wave comes in, let a tank drag the blue guy to the edge, that makes avoiding the tidal wave really easy. Burst down Suen still. She should die before first inferno, then switch to blue guy and kill him.

That is pretty much what we do, and it is relatively easy this way, we even did it with two back ups the other week.

Hope this has helped you

How many DPS I can do on this boss with my gear?
    My raid says I should do 210k DPS on the end of the first phase. But I'm doing 155k dps on the end of the first phase. Is that too low?

Depends on what you're doing and how much you have to move. Though 210k sounds rather utopic for your gear level.

@ Aoshi
    You do have 2.21% too much hit, try dropping that for more crit
    You are 219 over the haste cap aswell, try moving some stats around to get closer to caps

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    @ Aoshi
    You do have 2.21% too much hit, try dropping that for more crit
    You are 219 over the haste cap aswell, try moving some stats around to get closer to caps
    I tried, but I can't reforge or gemming more crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    I tried, but I can't reforge or gemming more crit.
    Remove reckless gem from belt, replace with 320 crit.
    Replace spirit spellthread enchant with crit spellthread enchant.
    Try to get the HEALING tier chestpiece if you can, it's way better than the balance one.

Start fight with CA and put dots on both suen and lulin. Put sunfire and/or moonfire on adds when they are attackable. Put dots on Suen whenever she spawns.

At the start of the 2nd phase, CA will come off CD and any remaining adds will "spawn". Use CA and put dots on all the adds; spam starsurge. You should also probably use lust here. If not, use it when phase 3 starts.
    Last edited by Lybydose; 2013-07-08 at 05:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree with pullign with CA. If you time your opener correctly you can pre cast starsurge (instead of wrath) pop incarnation and then double dot her before she disappears. The instead of popping CA at 0 energy pop it at 40 or 80, whis means before ca wears off you can redot her on her first tears of the sun.

With higher ilvs you can do this without desyncing incarnation/ca in your gear incarnation may run out, but still its a second set of dots so should be a dps gain.
    Last edited by xtramuscle; 2013-07-08 at 10:21 PM.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    210k dps with your gear on the first part without hero is unrealistic. I'm sorry. Perhaps if you uncover many casting adds, and you are the only one multi dotting and SS spamming on the boss it could perhaps happen, but is by no stretch of the imagination reasonable to expect. You shouldnt worry to much about dps in p1 anyway, you should try to aim for as much damage as poss on Suen whenever she comes out. 2nd phase when hero hits, then you can do 300k+ burst for the duration, and that is the most important part for damage. Rest is execution. Like I said, we did it few back ups last week. Execution execution execution, tell your guild that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fountaiin View Post
    If you're just worried about overall meters, I've had some decent results with popping starfall, Incarnation prepot, starsurging Suen @ 2 seconds on the countdown, then CA immediately after and dot Suen then Lu'lin. I don't know how many adds are in 10 man, but it's not super efficient for you to be hurricaning them when your warlock and hunter can cleave them, so just go into p2 using your cooldowns normally. If you're afraid of losing your raid spot because of your overall damage you could hurricane with incarnation and second pot and that should propel you to the top.
    Dot up Suen at the start as if you're running your normal opener (not the RPMM one) and when she does the fire spin, she should be back out when you have 1 second left on CA when she comes back out.

Only bad boomkins use CA when they reach 0 energy after Incarnation. Ideally, they should be able to push into Solar before popping CA with the second haste breakpoint and meta gem so that they can go back for lunar again after Ca for higher overall Starfall uptime. If you do pop CA at 0 energy, the uptime of inc after CA is wasted anyways, and you'd have a lower NG uptime, since you just basically override the effect by popping CA, might as well use that extra bit of downtime to make sure you get a 4th starfall right after your done with your burst.

Ideally you want to pop crane statue in the first phase when both Suen and Lulin are up (so you get the 4 million extra damage on both bosses). Have you designated drawer watch the timers and go for it then. Same with the Tiger statue, then you slow down the cast time of her spin, giving you a larger window to dps Suen down when she appears during the first phase.
    If your designated drawer doesn't know the timers well enough, have him go do LFR and practice there and see how much time he needs to finish each drawing, measuring it from running to and clicking the statue.
    Heroic Twins is essentially all about using the statues at the right times and burning down the bosses fast enough to make Suen manageable for the healers. If you aren't confident two healing Suen, use a third healer who is doing the drawing.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2013-07-09 at 04:51 AM.

Seems it won't be for tonight. Because 4 raiders signed off yesterdaynight.

Anyways, I'll use those tips for next week.
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Aoshi View Post
    My raid says I should do 210k DPS on the end of the first phase. But I'm doing 155k dps on the end of the first phase. Is that too low?
    I love people pulling arbitrary numbers out of their arse. Are you wiping to enrage? If not, your dps doesn't matter (unless it's severely under raid's average).

Deleted
    Simple way to do it. Start one cast away from solar. Pre-pot on 5 sec pull timer---->Starfall---->Astral Communion to solar----->starsurge suen(boss should be pulled when the spell hits)--->Incarnation+CA--> Dot Suen---> dot Lu'lin---> Continue rotation as normal (with extra SS procs from Suen dots).

Remember to refresh dots on suen right before she finishes her cast.

One thing we found made the fight much easier was ignoring damage on the small adds (this is 10m), if it doesn't directly boost your single target damage, and let the tank gain vengence of them. I play a hunter though, but I might be rerolling moonking, (giving the current state of hunters).

ed
    Last edited by Nightspear; 2013-07-09 at 11:45 PM.

Deleted
    Just a couple of general things about this fight that I found important:

1. Tell your raid to NOT bomb the adds. Tell your other dps/tanks to leave them alone. The longer they are up, the more single target dps you get by multidotting the adds. Same goes for Shadows and Warlocks, that also get proccs from multidotting. The dps of the adds is so low, it really doesnt matter.

2. What matters on this fight is NOT the overall dps. All that is important for a kill is Suen dps and that is what you and also your other raidmembers should look out for. Not overall dps!! As stated in "1." it even is a Suen-dps-loss if certain classes push their dps by aoe'ing adds.

3. I found that the best way to do as much suen dps as possible in p1 is, to preplant shrooms(only possible when she isnt kited) and always be in lunar eclipse when she spawns. pop starfall, dot her, pop shrooms, redot before she disappears. Its also worth it to save a SS procc 4-5 seconds before suen will spawn. I also like the opener as described by "xtramuscle". try to time your first CA+INC, so that CA just runs out just after suen spawns the first time.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I preplant shrooms before the fight starts and only blow them up once P2 starts after we Gorfiend's all the adds in. That with Pot/Inc up is an easy 2M damage with no GCDs used. And there's no reason not to use INC/CA on the pull, by saving it for the first Tears you are just going to make it less likely you have meta and both trinkets up when you dot them and you will be forced to waste some uptime on Starfall/Inc. You only have ~3 seconds to dot her at the start meaning you have to have gone through Starfall, Wrath/AC, Inc globals before the fight begins so you can Moonfire, then Sunfire.

You also will want CA up at the beginning of phase 3 so you can dot both of them immediately before the tank takes Lulin to the edge of the room for Tidal Wave, which won't be the case if you hold it at the start.

Deleted
    This fight seems like a serious dps race when you are progressing on it, but it really isn't. With three healers, good statues usage and proper cooldown comunication this fight is not too hard. Sadly I was sat out on this encounter for progress (since it took 1 night), but I remember the next week we were 2 healing it and hoping it would die faster. My dps wasn't competitive at all on those 6-7 tries, I had much more success dps-wise with FoN then inc. Still all those crashing stars add up, there is also lotus dodging, running from fire and all other minor shit that really hurt. I guess it is possible to negect all those with better dotting timings and saving ss procs for 2-3 secs, mby planting mushrooms and such, but I honestly didn't see a point since this fight with current overgearing and item upgrades isn't reallyworth the effort to do this. Also from your setup you are the one with hardest time doing good, so I say eat all crap they tell you , wait till healers learn the fight and excel at different encounter

Deleted
    Why would a boomkin not being able to excel at this encounter. We have good single target for this fight, and you should be doing more then you are doing. That said, you also need some time to adjust to the fight. Don't go to massive on the multidot, it will cost you single target dps later on. I've ran it with both inc and FoN and get good results with both.

The first phase is just plain stand there and nuke. Avoid the sleep, and just dot adds whenever you can. Crashing star is abit annoying, but it only hits once in a while and not on the whole raid. If you can watch timers, maybe delay a dot or instant a sec so you can use them on the pushback. Or plant shrooms when it pushes you back.

Doing 200k after first phase is not unrealistic in your gear, but you need to get used to the fight.