1. #2221
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    If people didn't want everyone to see what a shill they are for blizzard they shouldn't of joined LFG / LFR wearing their "I love to toss blizzards salad" helmet on.

    I wouldn't want to play with those people either, would vote them off as well, as is my right. As much of a right you guys have to support disgusting business practice, I have more of a right to not play with you, let alone help you progress your character LOL, yea get real, get out of my groups I wont have it.
    You are aware that you're supporting it too by subbing? Don't think just because you didn't buy the helmet doesn't mean you don't play a part. They may be tossing the salad as you say but you're right there giving blizzard a nice rim job while you punch the other guy in the kidney. You may have given them what amounts to a month's sub less but you're still shoving money in blizzard's pockets every month!


    Also what made it your group? Some wicked entitlement complex there.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

  2. #2222
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    But simply kicking them might not even get the message across as to why. Unless you mention names in chat and actually say why you are going to vote kick how are any of them going to know it's because of the helm alone? They could think it was for any number of reasons. Even Blizzard, who monitor this stuff, will have no idea why those people were kicked unless a reason is specifically stated in the first place.
    I never vote kick anyone without stating why. And I would always make sure I told them why (in private), unless they are offline or AFK. Don't take me as a person of sloppy manners.
    <Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US27, is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

  3. #2223
    How on earth did this thread got to 111 pages so quickly ? Oo
    Abyssal Maw when Blizzard cancelled it.
    Over the Mists, WoW like you've never seen it before !

  4. #2224
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    HA, you and I both know this is false =). Keep dreaming buddy.
    Do you even play Wow? Anytime you harass someone Blizzard can choose to take actions. Obviously this is a touchy subject with numerous GM tickets opened. Chat logs are kept on file for months and can be instantly looked at. Think what you want but I think some people on here living in a different reality than most of us.

  5. #2225
    I am Murloc! Pendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    5,440
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    wonder how many additional helms this thread has sold? I want one now.
    It probably made more people buy it than it scared away from doing so.

    Also, still no screenshot? Guess it really doesn't happen, after all.

  6. #2226
    Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    And they are making the game worse (eventually) by promoting Blizzard and their policies of changing the game state (slowly but surely) towards something that I will no longer enjoy because of what is coming. How do I protest that? By making it known.
    Your version of "worse" is hypothetical and assumed. The degree to which you are making their gaming experience worse is substantial and real.

  7. #2227
    The Lightbringer UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,770
    Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    I never vote kick anyone without stating why. And I would always make sure I told them why (in private), unless they are offline or AFK. Don't take me as a person of sloppy manners.
    I wasn't actually talking about you considering you claimed to not be kicking anyone because of the helms. Just because you might use some manners (something people in the game sorely need), it really does not mean others who might actually initiate the kick will.

    Rarely updated...

  8. #2228
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    So because they like the look of a certain item, means they love Blizzard?
    If you enter LFR/LFD, you agreed to be grouped with random people. If you don't like the people you get grouped with, you're free to leave. Forcing others to leave because you don't like something just shows you're an ass.
    So you enter metro, go into wagon and see some very smelly homeless person sleeping there. Wouldn't it be more wise to remove that smelly stranger from wagon rather than having people to avoid this wagon?

    If you don't want to be grouped or deal with someone due to some such reason, leaving usually means surrender and helps nothing but rather promotes unwanted behavior.

  9. #2229
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I wasn't actually talking about you considering you claimed to not be kicking anyone because of the helms. Just because you might use some manners (something people in the game sorely need), it really does not mean others who might actually initiate the kick will.
    Oh I agree that there are people that will be doing things maliciously, I'm just not one of them.
    <Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US27, is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

  10. #2230
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    Do you even play Wow? Anytime you harass someone Blizzard can choose to take actions. \
    Yea, thats right they can. You and I both know that anyone who was given a ban was , most likely, handed that ban because of volatile verbal harassment that was done WHILE kicking the player out of the group, not for the act of kicking from the group itself.

    You being unable to parse the difference is not my problem. Doesn't change the fact of the matter, vote kicking people who you do not desire to play with is not a banable offense, no matter how much you wish it was lol.

  11. #2231
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    How on earth did this thread got to 111 pages so quickly ? Oo
    The entitlement crowd found something new to cry about. They believe because they are in a group that it is THEIR group, and want to kick anyone that doesn't agree with them. The sad part is that they are most likely baddies who are looking for someone to direct attention instead of their own selves. I have never seen any player in a high end guild act like this, looks like the baddies found something new to whine to blizz about because they are too poor and pathetic to afford $15.

  12. #2232
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I wasn't actually talking about you considering you claimed to not be kicking anyone because of the helms. Just because you might use some manners (something people in the game sorely need), it really does not mean others who might actually initiate the kick will.
    He's just as responsible for the voting as the person who started it, as well as supporting the terrible attitudes of the people doing it to begin with. He may not be doing it directly, but he's just as guilty.

  13. #2233
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    All of the people in here against people enjoying the game because they can afford a lousy $15 are far outnumbered by people tweeting to the CM and GC, lots of happy people giving them good feedback.
    Perhaps you misunderstand me. I own a Xmog helmet and am content with it. I have no problem with others who disagree, it's the form of the disagreement that's problematic in some cases. Where it's not problematic it's totally fine and I encourage them to speak their minds.

  14. #2234
    Warchief Byniri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Lansing, Michigan.
    Posts
    2,226
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    The entitlement crowd found something new to cry about. They believe because they are in a group that it is THEIR group, and want to kick anyone that doesn't agree with them. The sad part is that they are most likely baddies who are looking for someone to direct attention instead of their own selves. I have never seen any player in a high end guild act like this, looks like the baddies found something new to whine to blizz about because they are too poor and pathetic to afford $15.
    This is the stupidest shit I've ever heard.

    THIS IS NOT ABOUT BEING 'POOR AND PATHETIC'.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

  15. #2235
    How are people going about saying "they are supporting acti-blizz"

    Take a look at your selves, and realise you pay them your monthly sub, by your own free will, to play their game - you're supposed to support things you like.

    Sure, hate the game buy play it anyway, but don't get up on a high horse at those that choose to get something extra and think you are some how better. You're not. You're jealous, or just vindictive and lacking in character. Fair one, that's just the mentality of people these days but I seriously doubt given you have a subscription to the game that a consumer morality stand point is actually true. Hypocrisy.

  16. #2236
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    So you enter metro, go into wagon and see some very smelly homeless person sleeping there. Wouldn't it be more wise to remove that smelly stranger from wagon rather than having people to avoid this wagon?

    If you don't want to be grouped or deal with someone, leaving usually means surrender and helps nothing but rather promotes unwanted behavior.
    Oh be careful, now you're starting to argue that people with the ability to afford shelter and hygiene have more rights than those who don't. Go back a few pages and you'll see that your side of the argument CLEARLY doesn't believe that people with more wealth deserve to have more things than others.

  17. #2237
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Getting booted from the group means the group decided they didnt want to play with you. If that hurts your feelings then you may have to grow up, I know it sucks, but it's gonna have to happen some day.
    I never got kicked though. And no, getting kicked from groups 99% of the time means that one person tried to be funny or didn't want any loot competition, most of the people will just blindly press yes to get rid of the popup.

  18. #2238
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Yea, thats right they can. You and I both know that anyone who was given a ban was , most likely, handed that ban because of volatile verbal harassment that was done WHILE kicking the player out of the group, not for the act of kicking from the group itself.

    You being unable to parse the difference is not my problem. Doesn't change the fact of the matter, vote kicking people who you do not desire to play with is not a banable offense, no matter how much you wish it was lol.
    Are you 5? You add LOL to everything you say? You and your immense IQ can't comprehend that it is a hot topic so it is most likely dealt with in a more severe manner to curtail the situation. It all starts to make sense when people say Normal Mode raiding is too hard when I start reading these posts, people are really that ignorant that they cant push 3-4 buttons without dying in fire, these posts prove just that.

  19. #2239
    Quote Originally Posted by Infective View Post
    Oh be careful, now you're starting to argue that people with the ability to afford shelter and hygiene have more rights than those who don't. Go back a few pages and you'll see that your side of the argument CLEARLY doesn't believe that people with more wealth deserve to have more things than others.
    Of course people can always turn it to extremes. If some don't like this analogy, ok - let there be some not poor guy in that metro's wagon, who would be drunk, smelly and using seats as his bed. Such happens too and basically similar in essence - example of someone in real-life, with whom you wouldn't want to be near. And instead of leaving on your own, it would be more productive to look into means of removing such person from wagon (from LFR).

    Though I wanted to add that nowhere I wrote that people with more wealth deserve less than people with less wealth, it sounds too primitive as need to take many factors in consideration. However, I wrote that in purchasable game with fixed subscription fee it isn't acceptable to have such an accent on $-shop.

  20. #2240
    That is pretty sad....can;t believe people stoop to that level in WoW.

    Just because someone else spend money on an item that is for visual appearance only, doesn't in any way hinder your game experience in any meaningfull way.
    If anything those people are more profitable to blizzard which with the subscription loss means they are even more valuable to blizzard and are if anything MORE entitled to playing the game, not less.
    But I digress....they should be equally entitled to the game....kicking players for such a thing should become reportable and come with repercusions (though I doubt it would be able to be proven that the helmet was the actual reason)
    Signature infractions suck especially when they are just about the size of TEXT! WTB token limit!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •