1. #2261
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    If u kick somebody for wearing the helm ur a loser.
    Or, if I kick somebody for wearing "the helm" I'm a winner.
    http://www.drinkinganddriving.org/
    In honor of all the kids bringing up my avatar:
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Wow, for someone with a trollface avatar, you are pretty bad at this.

  2. #2262
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
    Yes, because a company trying to make more money on cosmetic items definitely warrants player harassment. GG.

    Seriously, these arguments are going in circles. You can be against the cash shop or not, it doesn't give you the right to harass players who actually buy the items because they choose to do so.
    Of course, if a company puts profits over morals and good business practices, they need some sort of a wake up call, be it protests, lawsuits, boycotts.

  3. #2263
    Scarab Lord Nivis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    4,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    Do you really NEED proof?
    I'm not saying that it couldn't happen. All I'm saying is that it probably happens very rarely and not more often than a kick because of "lol because I can".

    And no, I don't need a proof. But I'd really like to see one.
    After all, people claim that it happens frequently, so taking a screenshot shouldn't be that much of a problem.

  4. #2264
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Or, if I kick somebody for wearing "the helm" I'm a winner.
    Yea, but you only get "the Winner" title if you vote kick around 500 of them, it's pretty hard:P

  5. #2265
    Quote Originally Posted by Chult View Post
    First, I call bullshit. This really doesn't happen unless people are afk.

    Second, the Blizzard in game store has been there for years. It's called the TCG. You end up paying way more for shit with the TCG though, but people were never really up in arms about it.

    I find it kind of both amusing and sad that what makes people angry are ugly transmog helms, not mounts or anything else. lol
    Except that the TCG wasn't the Blizzard in game store, it was a TRADING CARD GAME, hence TCG. Just because people felt compelled to buy these items for real cash, that's on them. Just like people who buy WoW accounts used. So are you saying that that's Blizzard's in game store as well going off of your logic?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Yea, but you only get "the Winner" title if you vote kick around 500 of them, it's pretty hard:P
    Shoot, I'm at 2. Need to start kicking :b
    http://www.drinkinganddriving.org/
    In honor of all the kids bringing up my avatar:
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Wow, for someone with a trollface avatar, you are pretty bad at this.

  6. #2266
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Shameful players supporting shameful business practices getting shamed by the community for it.

    People sure do love to use words they don't know the meaning to "Harassment" lol.

    "Mommy blizzard, these players are harassing me because they refuse to play with me"

    Sorry kids, but just because you didnt get picked to play kickball at recess doesn't mean everyone was harassing you, it means everyone was ignoring you. lol

    Pray tell, if everyone is ignoring you how exactly did they kick to begin with? Furthermore, WHY would they kick if they're ignoring them?

  7. #2267
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Shameful players supporting shameful business practices getting shamed by the community for it.

    People sure do love to use words they don't know the meaning to "Harassment" lol.

    "Mommy blizzard, these players are harassing me because they refuse to play with me"

    Sorry kids, but just because you didnt get picked to play kickball at recess doesn't mean everyone was harassing you, it means everyone was ignoring you. lol
    I wonder, would you be so amused if you were kicked from a raid for NOT having one of those helmets? Or for using a transmog set that people disliked?

    I bet you'd go crying instantly about how unfair it is. All bullies do when the tables are turned.

  8. #2268
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Of course, if a company puts profits over morals and good business practices, they need some sort of a wake up call, be it protests, lawsuits, boycotts.
    So you attack the people not even responsible? They weren't the ones who decided to put the shop up there, it's not as if they weren't there that the shop wouldn't have existed. It'd be here either way.

  9. #2269
    Bloodsail Admiral Shudder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,007
    Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    Because Blizz is really going to change their minds based off of LFR kicks. Maybe we should start kicking people that have the mount and pet achievements too, since they obviously also spent money in the Blizzard store.
    I would support this, but since we can't mount up in lfr we'll have to keep kicking people with helmets. And to people saying this will die down and we'll get tired of foaming at the mouth soon you're entirely correct. However, you do know Blizzard isn't done. In the next few weeks you're going to see something worse than the helmets, be it weapons or tokens or profession boosts. Then the anger will start right back up again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    If you think that will actually accomplish anything other than maybe getting you banned after Blizzard gets tired of people sending reports, I have some bad news for you.
    LOL banned. Too adorable. There have been blue posts linked in this very thread with Blizzards stance on the matter. If someone looks at you funny and you initiate a votekick and the raid kicks them that is allowed. It's majority rules. You don't need a reason, as long as most of the group agrees Blizzard is fine with it. There is NOTHING you can do to stop this.

  10. #2270
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Except that the TCG wasn't the Blizzard in game store, it was a TRADING CARD GAME, hence TCG. Just because people felt compelled to buy these items for real cash, that's on them. Just like people who buy WoW accounts used. So are you saying that that's Blizzard's in game store as well going off of your logic?
    That's a bizzare way of looking at it. Its still paying money for items you can't get any other way in-game.

    Its a pitiful excuse to cover up the fact you weren't bothered about it before it was 'cool' to do so.

  11. #2271
    Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    Pray tell, if everyone is ignoring you how exactly did they kick to begin with? Furthermore, WHY would they kick if they're ignoring them?
    Vote kick is the means by which we ignore you. We want you out so we vote kick you out (kinda the reason vote kick is there, to get rid of the people who would otherwise disturb my play experience).

    And before you ask, the reason it would disturb my play experience is because I don't like them. Why would I play with people I dont like? lol

  12. #2272
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    LOL banned. Too adorable. There have been blue posts linked in this very thread with Blizzards stance on the matter. If someone looks at you funny and you initiate a votekick and the raid kicks them that is allowed. It's majority rules. You don't need a reason, as long as most of the group agrees Blizzard is fine with it. There is NOTHING you can do to stop this.
    Ah, the justification for bullying.

    Trust me when I say no-one will take you seriously when you come crying with problems. You'll be laughed at.

  13. #2273
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    I wonder, would you be so amused if you were kicked from a raid for NOT having one of those helmets? Or for using a transmog set that people disliked?

    I bet you'd go crying instantly about how unfair it is. All bullies do when the tables are turned.
    Well If we lived in backwards world then I'm sure a lot of things would be different. But we don't so your entire hypothetical diatribe is ....yawn.

  14. #2274
    Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    It has nothing to do with defending blizzard. It's about defending the players that you people harrass.
    I never mentioned defending the players did I? No, I'ms peaking of people purely defending Blizzard tooth and nail. People can mask it behind "Oh I'm not, I'm defending the player not Blizzard." which if it were true, the general statement would be "While I disagree with he cash store, you shouldn't do this to fellow players." but it generally is "That's pathetic. It's only a $15 helm.". Just keep in mind, I'm not speaking directly at you in this statement, I haven't seen your opinion so please take no offense, this thread increased a whole lot over night.

    That's how every thread ends..... Neither side ever concedes.
    That's the problem, everyone arguing with each other who should be right. It shouldn't come to that, it should basically be "Give your opinion and move on." not "This is why I'm right and open your mouth so I can shove it down your F'in throat!". Before people post, their opinions are generally formed, there's no sense repeating oneself over and over again thinking they are going to convince anyone of anything.

  15. #2275
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Vote kick is the means by which we ignore you. We want you out so we vote kick you out (kinda the reason vote kick is there, to get rid of the people who would otherwise disturb my play experience).

    And before you ask, the reason it would disturb my play experience is because I don't like them. Why would I play with people I dont like? lol
    Wow, you're an entitled jerk aren't you? If you were in my guild I'd kick you out so damn fast your eyeballs would still be spinning.

  16. #2276
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I would support this, but since we can't mount up in lfr we'll have to keep kicking people with helmets. And to people saying this will die down and we'll get tired of foaming at the mouth soon you're entirely correct. However, you do know Blizzard isn't done. In the next few weeks you're going to see something worse than the helmets, be it weapons or tokens or profession boosts. Then the anger will start right back up again.



    LOL banned. Too adorable. There have been blue posts linked in this very thread with Blizzards stance on the matter. If someone looks at you funny and you initiate a votekick and the raid kicks them that is allowed. It's majority rules. You don't need a reason, as long as most of the group agrees Blizzard is fine with it. There is NOTHING you can do to stop this.
    Not everyone is as smart as simply just votekicking the people with the items. Tons of them will definitely harrass people about them enough to warrant the bans.

  17. #2277
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Ah, the justification for bullying.

    Trust me when I say no-one will take you seriously when you come crying with problems. You'll be laughed at.
    LOL I get it.

    Your one of those people that seems to think "what comes around goes around" well buddy.....you got a lot of life to learn about lol.

  18. #2278
    Clearly it's only players who support the Cash shop who are bothered by this news.

    I don't get why you are bothered though, people don't want to play with you. It's as simple as that.
    It'd be like if someone in your raid group was playing poorly or there was an "elitist" in your group.
    You don't want to play with those players.

    This has always existed why be upset about it now? Oh because this time you're the one being kicked.
    No sympathy.

  19. #2279
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Vote kick is the means by which we ignore you. We want you out so we vote kick you out (kinda the reason vote kick is there, to get rid of the people who would otherwise disturb my play experience).

    And before you ask, the reason it would disturb my play experience is because I don't like them. Why would I play with people I dont like? lol
    You seem to put a lot of focus and attention towards people you say you want to ignore. I don't think you really understand what ignoring means.

  20. #2280
    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Clearly it's only players who support the Cash shop who are bothered by this news.

    I don't get why you are bothered though, people don't want to play with you. It's as simple as that.
    It'd be like if someone in your raid group was playing poorly or there was an "elitist" in your group.
    You don't want to play with those players.

    This has always existed why be upset about it now? Oh because this time you're the one being kicked.
    No sympathy
    .
    Yap, nailed it.

    I just want to add that it's completely adorable that the crowd has adopted this stance of "It's player harassment!" LOL...simply adorable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •