Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    True - just change the transmog or hide helmet and you will not be bothered by this. Simple.
    Why don't you just leave the instance if it has people in it with the helmets? You'll get another in 20 minutes. Simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

People being mad because I have disposable income and can spend it on things I find aesthetically pleasing, and they can't/won't out of arrogance/pride.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I've had a car key'd by someone before, its pathetic. Jealousy/spite is a bad thing =[ hell even had tyres slashed (along with 5 other cars in the same car park on the same day) wish I caught the criminal who did this so we can bring them to justice :/
    I caught someone in the act of stealing my car cd player once. His head and my car door became very good friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Not only was it 200 pages. But every post that was created elsewhere was deleted (not moved). The name of the 200 page topic was also changed few times to try to make all talk about anything related to the store end up there. I think we can safely say that BLizzard tried their very best to keep this under wrap and as low profile as possible.
    I honestly think that is partly why players who disapprove of this are as angry as they are and why they are taking measures like the ones stated in this thread. In the past, it always felt like when disapproval was so large Blizzard would listen (like Real ID on the forums), but in this instance it was just shameful to watch how they handled this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    I agree. There was a 200 page thread on the WoW forums discussing player disapproval of these helms before they were released, yet they decided to ignore it and release them anyway. It is obvious our feedback there on this issue means very little to them, so the only other option was to take it to the game.

The only way you can protest in the game is canceling subscription and not playing the game. Sadly not enough will do this and blizzard will continue to add items to the cash shop endless.

Stat gear is inevitable. It will start of with low quality armor,their excuse will be that the armor is worst then dungeon armor and it's sold to help alts get into dungeons faster.
    Last edited by Haytham; 2013-07-20 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    I think it is self-evident that this is way worse than getting kicked out of a LFR group.
    However, the principle stays the same.

Just like people call BS as long as nobody provides a single screenshot of a kick solely because of someone wearing the helmet.
    Fact

Originally Posted by Bashiok
    The situations you list don't make you immune to vote kicks.

If the people in your party don't commonly kick others, and have the ability to come to a general consensus, they can kick you for no reason(if they really wanted). But, that will impact their ability to kick others in the future. My guess is that you happened upon multiple groups that don't commonly kick, and you gave them a reason to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I caught someone in the act of stealing my car cd player once. His head and my car door became very good friends.
    While I don't normally condone violence, this did make me chuckle.

It's not harassment to vote kick.

Only when you start repeated name calling and whispering ill will is it considered harassment...... and even then you have the ignore function.

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    The only way you can protest in the game if canceling subscription and not playing the game. Sadly not enough will do this and blizzard will continue to add items to the cash shop endless.

Stat gear is inevitable. It will start of with low quality armor,their excuse will be that the armor is worst then dungeon armor and it's sold to help alts get into dungeons faster.
    I personally have done that, but I don't think other players should have to quit the game because they don't approve of business practices by Blizzard, shunning people with the helm is I guess their way of protesting it without having to leave a game they still enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Why don't you just leave the instance if it has people in it with the helmets? You'll get another in 20 minutes. Simple.
    Everyone always has a choice what they do. I can not decide how everyone else will behave... even if you think you can. Just pointed out that if ppl dont want to be kicked for wearing the store helmet... then just hide helmet and problem solved. Nothing wrong with that.

While I don't normally condone violence, this did make me chuckle.
    What violence? I just had some severe difficulty closing my car door, because his head was accidentally in the way. I kept trying though, because if at first you don't succeed... try try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    But by causing an uproar with the people who bought it (Those people complaining to Blizzard) it brings more attention to the issue these people are having, it makes it hard for Blizzard to ignore it and sweep it under the rug. Yes some people are "hurt" in the process, but it's one of few ways for people to get the issue heard. People can say "Cancel your subscription" while I agree it helps, but what if Blizzard just introduces more items to the shop to make the difference? You "voting with your wallet" successfully did nothing.
    If it were this big of a problem, you and everyone else against it refusing to group with people by leaving if you get grouped with them sends a more powerful, not to mention more mature message, that will more likely be taken seriously. As it stands, you're trying to bully people into forcing a company to change its tactics. Not only is that not going to work, because they aren't going to respond because you've thrown this safely into the realm of misconduct instead of it making a statement, but you now have blizzard AND the playerbase that you're slowly polarizing against you, both seeing you as people that can't express themselves without resorting to childish measures. That will guarantee they don't take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    What violence? I just had some severe difficulty closing my car door, because his head was accidentally in the way. I kept trying though, because if at first you don't succeed... try try again.
    I just got this image of a melon popping. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    What's wrong with leaving the group yourself if you don't agree with how some people play?
    Only way someone gets kicked is if the majority wants them gone

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Fact
    I think you missed the point.
    I didn't deny that you can kick someone because of it - but I think that it actually doesn't happen; at least not very often.

100 pages ago people asked for a screenshot showing such a kick. Nobody posted one yet.
    Obviously, if someone posts stuff like 'You poor?' it's a different story. But solely because someone wears such a helm? In this regard, I call BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    Nah. I live in a civilized country.
    You think things like that aren't happening in Denmark? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    No, that you're not supposed to gain anything ingame by using unfair or unethical means, like cash.
    Because now it is ethical to kick someone for a LFR for buying a transmog helmet, to discriminate them for their cosmetic tastes? It is a huge attack against their rights; you are discriminating them for their looks. You don't like it? Fine. That does not give you the right to exclude someone from a group because they do not agree with your opinion. And that still stands whatever the majority says. They are human just like you, so both of you can join and finish a LFR without being kicked for no apparent reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Only way someone gets kicked is if the majority wants them gone
    In LFD that may be true, but not in LFR.

I've had a car key'd by someone before, its pathetic. Jealousy/spite is a bad thing =[ hell even had tyres slashed (along with 5 other cars in the same car park on the same day) wish I caught the criminal who did this so we can bring them to justice :/
    Yeah, envy is absolutely a problem in today's society. I think that's part of why people feel so strongly about this, though, is because WoW is kind of a "escape" from the real-world for a lot of people, but with microtransactions, it's now putting your real finances as a direct indicator of what content you'll be able to access. Basically, I fully respect people who work hard and make a lot of money for it, but they already reap the benefits of that money in real-life; I'd prefer we leave video-games as an indicator of your in-game work ethic.

Vanity items are usually gifts.

Telling somebody using a gift that their gift sucks because you don't have one makes you a bad person.