Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    Are you really that disillusioned to humanity? What wrong with common decency?
    I think common decency here is not to take the transmorgs to LFR when it pisses ppl off.

Quote Originally Posted by EnfiladeGAMING View Post
    People being mad because I have disposable income and can spend it on things I find aesthetically pleasing, and they can't/won't out of arrogance/pride.
    It's like wearing a shit on your face ... you may like it, but others may not like to look at you when you do.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

i have an in game Tabard gear piece ,,, since 2007 from the Card game and made by Cryptozoic.

So what's the difference ? never been kicked only got whispers asking where did the tabard come from and some grtz...

LOL.

blizzard hate trollers love these invented threads, but the fact is in game items were sold by 3 rd parties for 6 years ... and no one complained ... ever.

So there is not even a new discussion.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-20 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    in-game work ethic.
    Problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    In LFD that may be true, but not in LFR.
    To kick someone in LFR, 5 people have to initiate a kick on them for the vote kick to even appear for the other people in the group to vote on. Then if the majority of people vote to kick them, they are kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    No, we had LFG. With several dungeons with outdoor areas.
    True and people got kicked for many reasons than too.

Quote Originally Posted by K-rloz View Post
    Just saw 3 ppl get kicked on the same lfr
    Excellent. Keep it up folks! Our message will be heard loud and clear. To all those who have supported the cash shop and purchased these helms: you and your wallets will thank us when the dust settles and future cosmetic items are made available in game as part of your monthly sub.

You may be willing to throw your money out the window and support bad business but this is for your own good.

If these children can't be responsible with their money and Blizzard can't be responsible with their greed then it's time to intercede. Keep up the kicks guys and make sure to be as vocal as possible about why you're doing so! In game and on the forums. Blizzard will get the message.

As long as you can't get heroic items with real money the rich casuals will just be that. Casuals with money but no skill. If they have skill they raid and clear heroic raids.

Those fancy shop items are just a nice way to mark bad players for us

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    True and people got kicked for many reasons than too.
    Doesn't moving the goalposts get tiring? By the time you get finished redefining the argument, it'll be about whether cupcakes are better than tarts.

Cupcakes, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Why don't you just leave the instance if it has people in it with the helmets? You'll get another in 20 minutes. Simple.

The majority wanted them gone hence why they were kicked

I think common decency here is not to take the transmorgs to LFR when it pisses ppl off.
    Except, you have no claim to common decency because there's no legitimate reasons for you to be mad at the PLAYER. If you truly are doing this because you don't agree with BLIZZARD's decisions, then your anger and frustration should be aimed at them.

Not to mention common decency dictates tolerance, which this by definition is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    I think you missed the point.
    I didn't deny that you can kick someone because of it - but I think that it actually doesn't happen; at least not very often.

100 pages ago people asked for a screenshot showing such a kick. Nobody posted one yet.
    Obviously, if someone posts stuff like 'You poor?' it's a different story? But solely because someone wears such a helm? In this regard, I call BS.
    There have been posts here claiming they have seen it - even done it. 3 in same raid. Screenshots will not prove anything that is not already known. It happens... but that doesn't mean it is common.

If you want to test it out for yourself and show evidence then your welcome to go over to twitch and start recording like 10 or 15 runs to see how many ppl will be kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Yeah, envy is absolutely a problem in today's society. I think that's part of why people feel so strongly about this, though, is because WoW is kind of a "escape" from the real-world for a lot of people, but with microtransactions, it's now putting your real finances as a direct indicator of what content you'll be able to access. Basically, I fully respect people who work hard and make a lot of money for it, but they already reap the benefits of that money in real-life; I'd prefer we leave video-games as an indicator of your in-game work ethic.
    I would say the disturbing thing about this is I don't want to look at player in game and go transmorg helm $15, mount $25, transmorg chest $15, transmorg weapon $25, transmorg ... it does not click well with the whole rpg in mmo.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

In LFD that may be true, but not in LFR.
    Works the same in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenarrow View Post
    It is a huge attack against their rights; you are discriminating them for their looks.
    No, you teach them the lesson that they have no right to buy their way through a game with cash. It's the definition of gaining an unfair advantage.
    Weed needs to be rooted out before it can spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenarrow View Post
    Because now it is ethical to kick someone for a LFR for buying a transmog helmet, to discriminate them for their cosmetic tastes? It is a huge attack against their rights; you are discriminating them for their looks. You don't like it? Fine. That does not give you the right to exclude someone from a group because they do not agree with your opinion. And that still stands whatever the majority says. They are human just like you, so both of you can join and finish a LFR without being kicked for no apparent reason.
    I've already linked this in this thread, but I will again, I guess. It is "ethical".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boycott

A boycott is an act of voluntarily abstaining from using, buying, or dealing with a person, organization, or country as an expression of protest, usually for social or political reasons. Sometimes, it can be a form of consumer activism.
    Many boycotts have involved shaming other people for using products/supporting companies to try to defer them from spending more money on that company and supporting their business practices. Usually boycotts start because people think a company's business practices are unethical.
    Last edited by pixelgnomes; 2013-07-20 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    If these children can't be responsible with their money and Blizzard can't be responsible with their greed then it's time to intercede. Keep up the kicks guys and make sure to be as vocal as possible about why you're doing so! In game and on the forums. Blizzard will get the message.
    Yes, they will ban the kickers if it's clear it was based on the transmog items. Blizzard will not allow someone to spit in their coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    To kick someone in LFR, 5 people have to initiate a kick on them for the vote kick to even appear for the other people in the group to vote on. Then if the majority of people vote to kick them, they are kicked.
    5 people are not the majority. 5 people are necessary to initiate the vote.
    The majority then clicks 'Yes' to get rid of the votekick-window in the middle of their screen.

That's a huge difference.
    If you find 5 people to start votekicks because of "LOL because I can", most of them probably will pass too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    I've already linked this in this thread, but I will again, I guess. It is "ethical".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boycott

Many boycotts have involved shaming other people for using products/supporting companies. Usually boycotts start because people think a company's business practices are unethical.
    You don't know what a boycott is, we're very well aware of that by now.

Telling people as they leave Walmart that you disapprove of them shopping there for their business practices is fine. Making a point of blocking in their cars in the parking lot is not.

You don't know what a boycott is, we're very well aware of that by now.

Telling people as they leave Walmart that you disapprove of them shopping there for their business practices is fine. Making a point of blocking in their cars in the parking lot is not.
    Its bullying not boycotting tbh.

I love it. Shows the community coming together to boycott something Blizzard did that they felt was wrong. Keep it up.