Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    You pretty much just described every single person who plays a subscription game. Or is the subscription fee you pay in order to play the game and gain virtual loot not real money?
    You serious or trolling?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-20 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    If Blizz charging me for condiments bothered me, I'd either make do without, or eat somewhere else. I wouldn't spend my time ranting and raving in the dining area before dropping a load on other people's meals.

You chose a different path.
    But lets say, you really enjoy the food at this restaurant that charges for condiments, you just don't approve of them charging for them. If you let them know this, maybe they will change it and you will have no qualms about still eating there and giving them your money.

Mechagnome
    LOL I'm so glad I quit the game. 100+ pages about buying an ingame item that doesnt have a darn thing to do with anyone else in the game and does NOT alter the characters, or anyone elses playablility in any way or form.

I had Kindergarten Playground Battle Tactics that made more sense than this.

You don't approve of buying tings in a store? Fine, THEN DON'T BUY IT. Plain and simple. Society nowadays seem to think that whatever "offends" them needs to be carved in the skull of everyone else. For example. Im Athiest, my wife is Christian. I let her pray at the table but she knows better than to ask me to. I'll remain silent out of respect to her. I've been to her Baptism cause it was important to her. I thought the whole thing was a freakin joke.....but I went...out of respect to her.

Point is, if you don't like it, move on and let the ones who do enjoy it....enjoy it. Anywho I'm going back to play some more Arkham City where I don't have to worry about the kiddies being offended by what I bought...

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    You want to create a commotion that shows what the problem is. The only thing you're portraying is intolerance and immaturity by failing to use an appropriate or even relevant means.
    No. No. The Forums are the appropriate means but there has been no feedback as of late from anyone at Blizzard other than closing other threads and redirecting people to the main thread. The other way is to close your account (which a few people have done) and write a nice letter to them explaining why.

BUT! Most people want to continue to play this game, so they fight it out (still) on the forums and now in game. Where they will boycott players that are buying these items. That is NOT immature. There is no other means for players that are being ignored by the company and that company not engaging in any dialogue. What else is supposed to happen? The only other way is to make a commotion, to create a stir. Do you think it would be this bad if Blizzard had come out and tried to make a dialogue? Who knows, maybe yes, maybe no.

There is no intolerance. You are simply using words so common nowadays to create an imaginary emotion conjured up by you want to make those people out who DO have an issue with this as the "bad" guy. It isn't going to work.
    <Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US27, is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

So are the alleyway thugs taking your wallet, in your definition of democracy.

That would be defined as Crime

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    There is no value in people who think it would be acceptable to use cash to gain things in a game. These kinda people are far worse than any AFKer.
    Go use [Hide] and stay in the corner.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Variety is the spice of life, and if blizz was a fast food joint they'd be charging you for the condiments.

That is a more apt comparison than all your analogies combined lawl.
    So based on that analogy, there are a lot of people in this thread who would condone spitting in the food of anyone who paid extra for condiments. Yeah, standup citizens right there sticking it to the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Variety is the spice of life, and if blizz was a fast food joint they'd be charging you for the condiments.

That is a more apt comparison than all your analogies combined lawl.
    More like Blizzard giving you the option to purchase a fancy drink coaster for $15 made out of solid gold. I don't need it, it's useless, but I want it just to rub it in people's faces.

Because I have a lot of money and not a donating bone in my body, I'll buy whatever I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

- Manakin.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Than they kick you too problem sloved
    Pfft. Genuine LFR trolls are already very good at preventing kicks since triggering combat and not letting it end is trivial. It can take a half an hour to kick a real disruptive troll if they do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Yeah, you sound like you'd be a real loss to the WoW community.
    The shining beacon in the darkness that is the wow community amirite lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    That would be defined as Crime
    Just as your "protest" is defined as harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post
    Like I said before, it's asshole behavior and not the right way to approach this, but I really do wonder - what is? Blizzard claims that they put the items there because of player feedback (right..) yet now, the forums ARE actually on fire about these items, their ridiculous prices etc. If they are indeed taking notes, then there will be an announcement about changes to this, if not, then I will start seeing Blizzard as a newborn monster that disregards player feedback and just does whatever the hell it feels like. I'm sure the psychopathic suits at EA would approve of this existence, and the gaming industry will just keep getting worse and worse thanks to companies like these.

Anyway, this whole thing is saddening, and it sucks how the community is getting divided because of it, but what where they expecting when they implemented such a shop into a Pay to Play game? It will keep getting worse as they are adding new things, the stigma will keep growing.
    I applaud this post. Very well thought out.

Contribute if you're going to post, please
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-20 at 09:20 PM.
    <Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US27, is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Go use [Hide] and stay in the corner.
    I use [auto attack AFK mode watch youtube] in LFR on my lock with no consequences /dances no really nobody really says anything now when I put this helm on...maybe it will change

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    No, that you're not supposed to gain anything ingame by using unfair or unethical means, like cash.
    Lemme guess, your parents still pay your subscription fee right? 'Cause that's the only reason I see for posting a comment as ludicrously ignorant as this. Some people work hard for their cash, and who fucking cares if they spend it on pretty pixels that aren't affecting anybody at all? If I wanted to spend my dough on cutesy shit (which I don't, by the by, the by) then that is my prerogative. It's not like I'm paying to have some sort of advantage over everybody else.

I dunno, maybe you think micro-transactions for cosmetic items is the gateway to pay2win or something? Well that's what people said four years ago when the pet store opened up. There's no way to know for certain if that will ever happen, and if it does you've got full rights to protest that. However; thinking it's okay to screw other people over because you- in your opinion- believe that people who spend money on harmless luxuries are wrong, is ignorant, unjustified and morally sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    But lets say, you really enjoy the food at this restaurant that charges for condiments, you just don't approve of them charging for them. If you let them know this, maybe they will change it and you will have no qualms about still eating there and giving them your money.
    Then picket. And tell people entering and leaving why you care. And then leave them alone. If you're really really put out, give up on the restaurant.

Pfft. Genuine LFR trolls are already very good at preventing kicks since triggering combat and not letting it end is trivial. It can take a half an hour to kick a real disruptive troll if they do it right.
    Very accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Blizz has had these premium vanity items since day one with its sub fee.

Zergling
    Mini Diablo

in vanillia wow there was no limitless digital collectors edition, that was limited to the amount of people who could get ahold of the physical boxed copy

They sell those pets to NO ONE now, not everyone 24/7, limited to those that could find it

know what though? i assume you're the type that will say change with the times or be left behind, then maybe the blizzard vp never should've said what he did in 2008

of course this is a discussion forum, if every thread said "vote with your wallet, not your opinion" no threads would exist

This has gotten ridiculous after 124 pages with the back and forth insults and general rudeness.