10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    No it doesn't. It takes 5 votes to initiate a kick.
    And it takes 15 yes votes for the kick to pass.

I spent my money on the Crown of Eternal Winter because I valued it as much. I wanted the Crown because I had an Idea of what I wanted to do with it ever since it had been datamined back in 5.2. While I would like to have the Jewel and Hood, I didn't see much of a need for those.
    On the topic of kicking players out of random groups, regardless of personal ideals or preferences of business etiquette,
    It is fine to contest the pricing and even criticize the people who purchased the helm, but impeding their game experience simply because you disagree with their decision of who they choose give patronage is simply harassment.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Also: Even if people occasionally get kicked because of it now...in a few days or maybe two weeks, nobody will care about it anymore.
    Was exactly the same with the mounts.
    But there's at least 20 people on MMO-C who are pretty sure that this has destroyed their lives. Simple statistics allows us to project that this means there's a groundswell of righteous crusaders who are pissed off and not going to take it anymore. Those players are going to take back this game from Blizzard and the people who pay them money (no irony there!) and rule it in a principled manner. It's all pretty obviously unfolding.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    I'm not sure why people aren't stopping to think that it's not the helms so much people are worried about, but the thought of what comes next.
    "what comes next", lol. So you're losing sleep over something that may or may not happen, that's so pathetic. Did New York come to a standstill after 9/11 for fear of what may happen next? No, because life doesn't work that way.

First it was pets, Blizzard rim jobbers sat there going "It's just pets noobs! It's not going to cause any harm!", and at the time they were JUST pets, they did nothing, now they are part of a battle system and achievements.
    Because it's true, they are just pets. There are plenty of pets out in the world to obtain, you don't HAVE to buy any store pets.

Second it was Mounts "It's just pets that do nothing and mounts, who the F cares!?" and believe it or not but the mounts are semi-shortcuts, and count towards achievements (Shortcuts because you don't have to purchase a mount in game)
    It's like the TCG never existed. Also, it's possible to get the 200 mount achievement without buying any store mounts.

Now it's transmog Helms, for $15 I may add. "It's just a transmog item, if you care you're poor!", and now there are items, to use to IMPROVE your character's overall look, something that should be important to any and all MMO players. Having a cool looking character (Or whatever flavour you like, funny/scary etc) is a huge portion of these games, that's exactly why transmog was implemented in the first place.
    It's THREE helms, that don't even have many matching sets to go with. THREE HELMS. Lmao.

Where does this end? Where should the people opposed to such a path start to protest? When you deem that Blizzard has officially gone too far? Then it would be too late. There was quite the uproar about these items being put in the cash store (Transmog Helms) and you know what happened? They implemented them as soon as possible. Why did they implement them? Look at the previous quarter report, and pay attention to the next one coming. Blizzard as a company is trying to make as much money as they possibly can, with as little work as possible. Yeah, people may say "That's how businesses work bro!" but it isn't entirely true. There are some businesses that pride themselves with the quality of their work. They don't run their product down and sell you extras on it knowing full well that the fanboys and girls will buy it up.
    If the day ever came, the day they announce that heroic gear is being added to the store, I can guarantee you there will be many players that oppose it and will "protest with their wallet" by cancelling their sub.

So what's next? Player boosting items for XP/Honor/Currency etc? We know the Experience one is already being looked at.
    300% buff from RAF, 300% buff elixir that makes 80-85 trivial. How is this item anything new?

These micro-transactions are a complete slap int he face, and it is really sad to see how people don't understand this. Instead of Blizzard improving the quality of their game, to make more money, they throw items at the player base for a quick buck. That's why they are doing it, and that is the only reason, and you're letting them do it.
    Quality is better than ever, 5.3 was so-so for those not into the Brawlers guild, but everything else has been class and 5.4 is shaping up nicely.

The people opposing the cash shop are opposing Blizzard for turning a quick buck rather than improving the quality of their game and bringing in more subscribers. Has nothing to do with the actual items, but the ethics behind it.
    Everything in the shop is optional. They didn't suddenly shift everything to the store, nor will they, you can obtain plenty of items IN-GAME you're probably just too lazy to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    You cant save wow, it will die. Deal with it.
    lol what? /10chars
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    This. This post right here.

This is what it makes me embarrassed to be of the same species as this person. We're the most intelligent race on the planet and we still hate each other for such trivial and mundane things. Simple things as live and yet live keep falling on deaf ears. Seriously what's next, someone wishing someone with a certain shirt brand to receive ill harm just because they don't approve of it? smh
    If you believe it's okay to support such mindless, greedy and idiotic business moves, then I'm embarrassed as well. People just throw their money for the most greedy thing Blizzard ever did. To support this is to support WoW's further fall into this mindless pit. I understand that business is made mostly on stupid people, but come on... It feels as if people aren't learning. Although considering the drop in subs every year, perhaps they are.

Deleted
    actually, goldfingaz comment #189 pins it down.
    The direction the game is taking supported and finally cemented my plans to stop with wow after mop. Its sad, because the game accompanied me more or less for 6 years now and was always a welcome diversification to work and studies. What I dont get is why people become so upset and all..it's everyone's own decision to stick to wow or just leave it. The only reason I can imagine to justify this rage is because people are scared to see their game get ruined by greedy decisions to make it unbearable to play soon.
    anyways, see you at TI4

10+ Year Old Account
    kicking people who are wearing the helmets isn't get back at blizzard, blizzard dont care if someone gets kicked from lfr, you're not sticking it to the man or what ever, you're just being a douche to other players.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    This is what's called 'being too stubborn to admit he's wrong'. Your whole point of the thread was to claim kicking people was a protest against the helmets, not punishment for the players. And now you're laughing off the fact you've conveyed otherwise, and helped the thing you're criticizing? No standards at all.

Also, the "everyone is a hater" comment. No. You're a bully, and we hate bullies. Glad I could explain that for you.
    Interesting calling me a bully - and you posting on a bully fanboy forums that is built around getting away with bullying anyone that disagree with you and the other "fanboys".

Everyone knows how forums like this work

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    If they're going to do that, ask if the person who initiated the kick has bought a realm/faction transfer, recustomisation or name change. If they have, might as well kick them as well.

Think I'll make a point of showing off my Wyvern/Gryphon, fire kitten and KT pets. Tell everyone how I race changed my Priest from Worgen and my Paladin from Draenei...

Oh, and wear my Tabard of the Flame.

Going to ride my sparkle pony a bit more now I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    And it takes 15 yes votes for the kick to pass.
    It doesn't take 15 for the vote to pass.

And people in lfr and lfd are use demonocracy to remove people they do not want in their groups
    Democracy? You mean 5 jealous retards initiate a kick and the other 20 just click yes. Vote kicks never fail, all you need is a group of petty children to initate a vote kick on anything. I've seen someone get someone vote kicked because he told him to change his playstyle. The guy actually helped him and if he listened, it would have been a smoother run. But no, he acting like a child. Just as much blame goes on the others though who just hit yes for everything.

Got sad news for you pal:

If you are kicking someone out of a group for buying the item from the shop, it is not a protest, its just you pulling the hair of the kid who got the toy you had in your wishlist.

Kinda funny Blizzard sells a Cosmetic item for $15 at their store and people go crazy about it, would Blizzard have sold the same item as a Tcg card and that card would go for $200+ on ebay no one of those crying now would say a thing. same if Blizzard would sell spectral tiger on their store for $20 people would cry and bitch about it, but when it cost $500 its no problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Sadly .. it takes more than 5 to kick morons that go afk.
    You need to learn to count, and also respond to posts better instead of cherry-pickng which posts to reply too.

As i said i have played since launch, yet i don't care about these cosmetic items as they mean bollocks all, they do not change a gaming experience for anyone apart from the person who buys them and even then it's not a gameplay changing item and it does not empower your character or experience any more.

i think that you assertion that long time players disagree with the blizzard store as being nothing more than a load of bullshit used in an attempt to add weight to your baseless and pathetic arguments.

As i said , your other attempts to destabilise other peoples' points by throwing out things such as the xp potion and in-game store in other reasons is nothing short of embarrassing. Asian region servers have different sub models with play by hour setups with a restricition on the amount of game-time able to be purchased and used within certain time-limits and as such in a region where end-game raiding content is desired as being more "hardcore" other things such as leveling and daily grinding become more than just a chore, they become a liabiility.

In these regions xp boosts and dailiy farmed items as part of a micro-transaction system make sense, and add to the over-all playability for the player base within that region.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    But there's at least 20 people on MMO-C who are pretty sure that this has destroyed their lives. Simple statistics allows us to project that this means there's a groundswell of righteous crusaders who are pissed off and not going to take it anymore. Those players are going to take back this game from Blizzard and the people who pay them money (no irony there!) and rule it in a principled manner. It's all pretty obviously unfolding.
    Taking what back ? You do realise this is a 8 year old game that has always been built on sub ? not ingame store?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow.... a rebellion among the playerbase that is showing its desire to not see a Pay to Win cash shop by discriminating against people that buy the helms.

I must admit... this is rather fascinating to see occur.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    It doesn't take 15 for the vote to pass.
    Takes more than 5. It only takes 5 to start the kick. Does anyone have any Proof on how many it takes for a kick to pasS?

And people in lfr and lfd are use democracy to remove people they do not want in their groups
    Tyranny of the majority much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Kicking players because they bought something that they'd think they would enjoy? Thats pretty pathetic.
    People getting kicked, if they have not enchanted or gemmed gear, even if it's totally irrelevant. People still parroting over and over again the same phrase: You don't have to join a random raid. Raidleaders have the choice. If you wanna raid, start your own group and make your own rules. Now it's coming back in some weird form and i have to confess, that it's giving me a smile. ;-)