Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Right. You've never seen it in game. You're basing your belief that it happens on someone else saying they saw it happen. Which is exactly what I said.
    And you would act like it happened if I said I saw it? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    This is so stupid it hurts. Why in the world would you kick someone out of a group just because of how they choose to spend their money? What if they were gifted the helm by a friend too? You'll kick them because someone they know bought something for them. Come on guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Kicking players because they bought something that they'd think they would enjoy? Thats pretty pathetic.

I'm actually going to buy all 3 right now and equip them right after we complete a dungeon / raid.
    That'll teach them!!!

While I don't agree with the business practices Blizzard is trending towards; I also don't agree with the mob mentality and misdirection of anger and retribution.

Look at Minecraft right now; there is a mod creator that because he didn't like other mods, and he thought his should take precedent; coded his mod to crash the client. Because of his ego, he decided if you didn't want to play it his way, you can't play at all; his mod was included in mod packs that he agreed to allow his mod into; his mod, modified core files, but it was worked around, he was butthurt, and decided to take it out on people who had no idea why they were being attacked (if they even understood it at all). There was another mod author that did something similar before with a different mod pack; but he didn't give permission from the start, it was just used (still a bit asinine considering the mod is free and made for the people playing to enjoy).

So, I can understand the sentiment of the players who are 'taking the law in their own hands'; but the victims are innocent or oblivious. They literally just liked the helms, and they don't understand the core values that are being violated, and the reason the protest is being used against them. Attacking the buyers doesn't stop the seller; at all. That would be like attacking someone who comes out of a grocery store who bought GMO foods, who didn't know they bought GMO foods, and then claiming it was an attack on Monsato. It is just moronic and ridiculous.

Don't like what a company does? Speak out against the company. If you see someone who supported it, engage them in conversation and help them understand why not to support the action now; and when it would be appropriate to. I feel most of this 'boycotting' of players with helms, would not exist, if the game was F2P/B2P; possibly even if the helms were 1/3 the price. The price point added with the sub fee and box costs has created quite a bit of animosity.

This just might be the model going forward. Even if you love the game, if you can't respect the producers enough to not take it out on other players, it is time to move on. The respect for the consumer has definitely fallen, compared to how they felt about and treated customers nearly a decade ago. Blame the merger, blame greed, blame the longevity of the game and changing priorities of people running the show ... but they definitely care more about marketing and profit today, than they used to ... and it is fine for some (and profit is the objective of any publicly traded company).

The way the players need to 'flex their power' as OP put it; is if it bothers them enough; cancel your sub and state the reason. Put in 'cash shop and F2P or sub and in-game earnable items only' ... or something else clear and concise; not a rant of anger and indirect statements.

This doesn't effect me at all directly, for my wife and I finally decided it was the end months ago (this time we mean it!!!). The game has changed directions far too much for us. But we also don't come on here trying to stop people from playing, nor the few friends we have that still play. Good for you all But, this is just one more thing, among the many other that disappoint us with the direction of the company, that adds to the list of why we won't come back; just another broken straw. While we both admit they are putting more effort in raiding; game isn't for us. It isn't an all bad game; but instead of bitching about it, we moved on and still watch a friend progress on their twitch feed when they raid, to support them doing what they enjoy (and extra eyes to give help/pointers on what we see going wrong).

Stop punishing the players, there is no reason to hate each other; you all love the game. Take your animosity out on the ones who deserve it; by creating descriptive, engaging, constructive threads on the official forums. It is the only way to make a point while staying subbed; the only other way to get your point across is to unsub; punishing others in game will not affect them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    I have 4.1.... where they added new mount to pay for the sub losses
    what proof do you have of this? and keep in mind they have been adding new mounts since, and thus far I fail to see even a nugget of reused content in MoP. it is rather amazing you think one mount is the reason we had 4.1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Still pretty Vague. What do you want proof of? Tyranny refers to a single person? It takes more than 1 to kick you? Or that people are getting kicked from LFR?

Let me Know and I will get it
    Well Since BenBos was not clear on what he wanted.

Tyranny refers to a single person
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/tyranny

It takes more than 1 to kick you

See the vote kick system

people are getting kicked from LFR

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game...legendary-135/

Why should a player that has payed sub for 8 years just walk away? Cause the company that he trusted decided to betray their own model that they said the game was built on?

I think ppl standing up for the subscription model is a good thing. The only person so far I find very insulting is you ... that is just telling ppl that have played and paid for the game for years... to just walk away.
    Your assumption is that people buying the items from the shop apparently having been playing for years? or its just not their right to buy stuff because you dont like it? Cash items have been in the game since the very first trading card game had cards. So your faux outrage is either unjustified and laughable or extremely delayed. Either way just take your childishness away from the group. If i'm in a subway with a person spouting politcal beliefs i disagree with, i'll step away from them. I don't demand that everyone with me boot them off the car.

And you would act like it happened if I said I saw it? lol
    Not until you provided some details on what exactly happened. But it would certainly be more believable than your current "someone totally said this happened!"

great way to show the "cosmetics don't affect the game in any way" people how they're wrong

You think it's okay to ruin someone's game just to get at the company...?

May the gods of RNG seek a horrible vengeance upon your loot rolls.

15+ Year Old Account
    A. Pretty sure that's harassment. I'd certainly report anyone doing this.

B. You're not doing anything to show that you're against the Blizzard Store. You're just showing that you're a prick.

C. The Blizzard Store originally started selling items in what, Wrath of the Lich King? Burning Crusade? I mean, have you kicked every single person displaying any of the following items from a group?

-Pandaren Monk
    -Lil' Ragnaros, KT, and XT
    -Cinder Kitten
    -Soul of the Aspects (pet or mount)
    -"That Retarded Horse" (Celestial Steed)
    -Guardian Cub
    -the wyvern or gryphon pet from the plushies
    -Cenarion Hatchling
    -Core Hound Pup (this was for buying the manual Authenticator)
    -Moonkin Hatchling

I may have missed a couple of items. Point is, ALL of those have been sold in the Blizzard Store for YEARS now. If you haven't been booting people for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall of those items, then no. You're not obviously against the store. You're just obviously jealous.

So, the question now is this, OP. Are you going to start booting every single player in the game from your groups that has at least one store item? Or are you going to stop acting like a tool. My guess is...neither.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    This is so stupid it hurts. Why in the world would you kick someone out of a group just because of how they choose to spend their money? What if they were gifted the helm by a friend too? You'll kick them because someone they know bought something for them. Come on guys.
    We chose to go with the subscription-based model instead of that approach. We've taken the approach that we want players to feel like it's a level playing field once they're in WoW. Outside resources don't play into it -- no gold buying, etc. We take a hard line stance against it. What you get out of microtransactions is kind of the same thing and I think our player base would feel betrayed by it. I think that's something else you have to decide on up-front instead of implementing later.

This is direct quote from BLizzard dev saying that outside resources like real life money should not affect ingame WOW. Its not coming from some "players". This is from BLizzard and like he said.... Players might have some reason to now feel betrayed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post

i doubt its even happening this much, because before the vote kick even comes up for everyone to vote like 4 people have to got to vote to kick that one player, then the rest of the raid has to decide.
    now unless the tanks are being idiots and refusing to go any further until they are kicked its hard to do, most LFRs im in barely leave combat long enough to do this.
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    We chose to go with the subscription-based model instead of that approach. We've taken the approach that we want players to feel like it's a level playing field once they're in WoW. Outside resources don't play into it -- no gold buying, etc. We take a hard line stance against it. What you get out of microtransactions is kind of the same thing and I think our player base would feel betrayed by it. I think that's something else you have to decide on up-front instead of implementing later.

This is direct quote from BLizzard dev saying that outside resources like real life money should not affect ingame WOW. Its not coming from some "players". This is from BLizzard and like he said.... Players might have some reason to now feel betrayed.
    Quote from years ago. I bet you said / did things back then that you no longer agree with.

It's a game. People have the right and are free to do whatever they want with their money. People also have the right to abuse the in-game kick system. But kicking people just because they have store bought transmogs is beyond pathetic. The fact that pixels can offend some people to this extent is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    A. Pretty sure that's harassment. I'd certainly report anyone doing this.

B. You're not doing anything to show that you're against the Blizzard Store. You're just showing that you're a prick.

C. The Blizzard Store originally started selling items in what, Wrath of the Lich King? Burning Crusade? I mean, have you kicked every single person displaying any of the following items from a group?

-Pandaren Monk
    -Lil' Ragnaros, KT, and XT
    -Cinder Kitten
    -Soul of the Aspects (pet or mount)
    -"That Retarded Horse" (Celestial Steed)
    -Guardian Cub
    -the wyvern or gryphon pet from the plushies
    -Cenarion Hatchling
    -Core Hound Pup (this was for buying the manual Authenticator)
    -Moonkin Hatchling

I may have missed a couple of items. Point is, ALL of those have been sold in the Blizzard Store for YEARS now. If you haven't been booting people for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall of those items, then no. You're not obviously against the store. You're just obviously jealous.

So, the question now is this, OP. Are you going to start booting every single player in the game from your groups that has at least one store item? Or are you going to stop acting like a tool. My guess is...neither.
    I think the reason why this is causing so much hate right now is that players realise that this is not going to be just "few" items. This is coming into ingame store. Not saying Im doing it or I would do it. But I understand ppl that feel hard done by in what Blizzard is turning a sub based game into.

after seeing all the douches in this thread, as soon as i get the money im buying the darkness helm.

IN YO FACE!

15 dollars for a helm? outrages

15 dollars to infuriate douchebags? priceless
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    you will need a LOT more explaining why 3rd party in game items are "no problem" but when Blizzard sells them too at much lesser value it is the devil.

Good. Go on... this should be interesting....
    They're only expensive because of their rarity. They're also a tradable commodity.

they were implemented to encourage participation of the TCG, as an "added reward" for playing.

It's not the same as an INGAME CASH STORE.

Besides, i have no problem with them, it doesn't mean they're a good thing either.

Comparing shit to shit isn't that great of an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post

You have to ask yourself that every time you initiate a vote kick though, no matter the reason. Is it worth it? Someone does poor DPS or don't understand tactics, you want to kick them - but is it worth ruining the game for them? Maybe they go too slow or too fast for your tastes, should you kick them then? Maybe they're being offensive, is that grounds for a kick?

The bottom line is that the vote kick option exists to remove people you don't want to group with for some reason. Those reasons are left to the players. Everyone has to decide for themselves what a "justified" kick is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    That'll teach them!!!
    Who said it was going to teach them anything? It would be there to simply annoy them. They'll know that they just helped out someone who supports the decision.

People need to take out the anger on Blizzard not other players. If people are that upset they should cancel for a day or so to send Blizzard a message. If all the people that are upset were to cancel for just a day and let Blizzard know it's because of the helms that would send the message they are wanting to send. Kicking fellow players out of groups and trying to make those that bought these does nothing other then make the community look worse.