1. #421
    Mechagnome shanthi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    713
    I was pretty neutral about this store, but this thread has made me hope that Blizzard puts a whole ton of transmog items in the store over the next year. Certain people furrowing their brow and trying to sound knowledgeable about topics they know nothing about (like business ethics) is high comedy.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

  2. #422
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    You see no difference? One of them impacts the speed of the run, saving you time. The other one doesn't impact you at all.

    I think you're being a bit too philosophical about this. This is the standard "people should have freedoms until they impose on the freedoms of others". Kicking people because they bought a helm crosses that line.
    Well, philosophical isn't really the term I'd use, but I see your point. I was aiming for level-headed, to be honest - but I'm also coming from a position where I see the existence of a cash shop as having a much larger impact on the game than underperforming DPSers.

  3. #423
    Quote Originally Posted by fierceangelx View Post
    "what comes next", lol. So you're losing sleep over something that may or may not happen, that's so pathetic. Did New York come to a standstill after 9/11 for fear of what may happen next? No, because life doesn't work that way.
    Yeah, but 9/11 happened because the US government didn't stop to think about what would happen next, after they got warnings of the plan. Life does work that way, you just needed to look at both sides of it.

    Because it's true, they are just pets. There are plenty of pets out in the world to obtain, you don't HAVE to buy any store pets.
    They are pets that you can battle with, and can be used as shortcuts to achievements (Total number of pets)

    It's like the TCG never existed. Also, it's possible to get the 200 mount achievement without buying any store mounts.
    Shortcuts, I suggest you look up the definition. Also TGC sold CARDS that had a CHANCE for loot. That is entirely different than flat out selling in game items.

    It's THREE helms, that don't even have many matching sets to go with. THREE HELMS. Lmao.
    I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at. Quantity is the defining factor of whether or not this is right? It's three helms currently, but then comes that "What's next?" bit.

    If the day ever came, the day they announce that heroic gear is being added to the store, I can guarantee you there will be many players that oppose it and will "protest with their wallet" by cancelling their sub.
    People are doing that now, why is it any different? Why not stop it before it gets to that point, instead of waiting until something irreversible happens? That's just silly.

    300% buff from RAF, 300% buff elixir that makes 80-85 trivial. How is this item anything new?
    Because RAF is intended for new players. In order to receive the experience boost you have to play with that friend. It encourages the social aspect of the game. Yes some abuse it but there will always be those people. The elixir is an in game item obtainable by anyone willing to farm it. Using the Elixer of Ancient Knowledge as a defense for paying for shortcuts, is silly. It's the same argument as "They are selling heroic gear on the store!" "What's the difference, it's already in the game?"

    Quality is better than ever, 5.3 was so-so for those not into the Brawlers guild, but everything else has been class and 5.4 is shaping up nicely.
    The last quarter report begs to differ, and the next one coming out in what.. a couple weeks time? Will agree with the last quarter report. This is your opinion of the game, that isn't shared by the hemorrhaging sub loss.

    Everything in the shop is optional. They didn't suddenly shift everything to the store, nor will they, you can obtain plenty of items IN-GAME you're probably just too lazy to do it.
    I have 7 level 90s all fair geared, and one level 87 character. I have achievements such as "We're going to need more saddles" (150 unique mounts) "That's a lot of pet food" (400 unique pets) and I'm 2 exalted reputations short of "60 exalted reputations", I assure you I am far form lazy in the game. (Which mind you, I haven't played in the game in over 2 months).

    I also fail to understand how that last comment you made had anything to do with Blizzard's ethics.

  4. #424
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    its not acceptable to not have to alt tab?
    You have to alt tab... to load the currency into your account... Account that you already paid 15$ sub on.

    Acting like its convenient for players to buy the box + buy expansions + pay sub + load account with ingame currenc.... is very... interesting to say the least.

    But it probably shows you .. and many more why a game that ONLY has the cash store will be a first choice for every new player that wants to play a MMO game in the future.

  5. #425
    Epic! Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    1,551
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    To me it still means, you are all pussies. You stick it to the guy who buys and not the company who sells. The company who makes the money. Who put it on the market. You are too pussy to unsub, because you like the game, still. You are the schoolyard bully who goes for the easy target. In short. You are pathetic.
    Not the words I'd use, but this is pretty much my stance on it.

    You've said far more accurately than I could've.

    Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

  6. #426
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    To me it still means, you are all pussies. You stick it to the guy who buys and not the company who sells. The company who makes the money. Who put it on the market. You are too pussy to unsub, because you like the game, still. You are the schoolyard bully who goes for the easy target. In short. You are pathetic.
    Yeah, screaming at random people you don't know in an internet forum for gaming, you're certainly showing those 'pathetic' people how 'pathetic' they really are...

  7. #427
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    snip.
    You clearly won't listen to reason and logic. Keep raging about the game, and I'll continue to enjoy it. Also not played for 2 months? Why do you think anyone would care about your opinion? Raging about a game you don't play? You got some issues bro.

  8. #428
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you can tell by what he said when he says "level playing field" and "no gold buying" that hes talking about cash shops that sell things that negatively impact the game.

    that is still true today.

    buying a transmog helm doesnt put my lfr geared alt on the same level of power as my main. buying my friend a battle pet doesnt make him capable of beating my team of trained pets.
    PPL are reacting now cause there is already confirmed that 100% XP boost is coming in ASIA. And somehow ppl are acting like all players in Asia are also fine with that... Thats just not the case.

  9. #429
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    I think the reason why this is causing so much hate right now is that players realise that this is not going to be just "few" items. This is coming into ingame store. Not saying Im doing it or I would do it. But I understand ppl that feel hard done by in what Blizzard is turning a sub based game into.
    So far these items are cosmetic. Period. Yes..it would be great if next to buying them, you could grind them in the game. I am sure ppl would still complain, but that is what I would find...okay.

    So my "take" on this is: Blizzard (unlike some players) don't plan in days or weeks or monsth..they plan in decades. WoW will lose more subs. WoW will very likely one day go F2P. A good company is prepared for that and will have the shop to go with F2P with it. Because only a moron thinks that F2P is truuuuly free.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  10. #430
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you can tell by what he said when he says "level playing field" and "no gold buying" that hes talking about cash shops that sell things that negatively impact the game.

    that is still true today.

    buying a transmog helm doesnt put my lfr geared alt on the same level of power as my main. buying my friend a battle pet doesnt make him capable of beating my team of trained pets.


    Not true

    http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100001590

  11. #431
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    I have never bought and don't plan to buy anything from the pet store. I think the mounts generally look overly flashy and silly. But I certainly don't begrudge anyone else's choice to purchase something from the store.

    It helps pay for the game, more content, makes players happy, et cetera, all good by me.

  12. #432
    Is this a bad thing? I guess no.

  13. #433
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Yeah, screaming at random people you don't know in an internet forum for gaming, you're certainly showing those 'pathetic' people how 'pathetic' they really are...
    It relieves anxiety Also I like calling guys "pussies" for some reason.

    I know nobody gives shit, That is why conviniently ppl don't answer to the simple question why they treat ppl like shit that buy transmog items, but not try and hurt the company by unsubbing. At the same time they are sending a message that Blizzard surely understands....

    No matter how some ppl rage...they continue to fork out those 15 quid.
    Last edited by det; 2013-07-19 at 11:58 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  14. #434
    I thought all the helms were pretty ugly, but I may have to buy one now just to troll dbags.

  15. #435
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I think we can all agree that vote kicking players who bought the helmets isn't the best way to go about showing their 'resistance'.

    Besides there are a lot of people who, believe it or not, are actually happy with their purchase and totally support them putting out new stuff on the cash shop to buy.
    I agree that vote kicking people isn't the best way to get the message across.

    However, I'm willing to bet that the people content with paying more for these items, would be a lot more content getting the items by playing the game. Such as doing DMF stuff for prize tickets to buy the helms, or using Justice Points to buy costume items. Would you not agree?

  16. #436
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    It helps pay for the game, more content, makes players happy, et cetera, all good by me.
    I do not understand how people seem to think Blizzard is Broke and hard up for money. They have reported Record profits for a while now.

  17. #437
    Herald of the Titans SL1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois.
    Posts
    2,918
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ld-of-Warcraft

    Funny how things change... Hypocritical blizzard liars.

  18. #438
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It relieves anxiety Also I like calling guys "pussies" for some reason.
    I'd say that reveals some deeper personal issues that you should probably see a therapist for but that's just me.

  19. #439
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    thats not buying gold. you buy the pet and then you sell the pet for gold.

    if i bought a wii at launch day then flipped it for twice the price did i buy money? no i sold a wii.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  20. #440
    The only valid reasons to kick someone are if they're not actually playing, or if they're being giant douchebags. So I'd say the people kicking are the ones who deserve to be kicked. This is why vote kick isn't always a good idea. It's great on paper, until you realize how pathetic humanity is and how it'll abuse anything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •