Page 34 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    Pretty much all of the sub based games I've played who have adopted microtransactions started to go into the toilet after that, though.
    Which ones would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    I'm sick of the TCG argument, guess what, you don't pay for the items, you pay for the CARDS, phisical items, card packages were you can have the luck of getting something for the game, on top of that this is cross-promotion, something actually good because it gets people interested in the game that wasn't playing it before, so new money for blizzard instead of milking the actual player base, oh, and the TCG things are SHIT in quality compared to the actual shop things.

For Blizzcon you pay for the ticket with the goodie bag, inside the goodie bag there is something for the game that you play, the convention is OUTSIDE the game, so yea, it's cool, then Blizzard just added the option of paying for the streaming so you can have the pet if you can't go to Blizzcon, something cool actually, oh, and one more time, the quality of the blizzcon pets/mounts is just shit compared to the store things, just look at the polar bear mount...

Collector's edition? the same thing, you pay for more goodies, is a limited edition thing outside of the game and now with pandaria you have the option to buy the pet and mount online with the deluxe edition, so if you are not able to buy a limited edition you can still get the ingame things.

The PvE-PvP thing...how on earth can I answer to that?? I mean....what...the...F*...I can obtain those things "free" it doesn't matter if is PvP or PvE

So.. your counter-argument for all of those is pretty much "IT'S DIFFERENT TO ME SO IT'S DIFFERENT IN GENERAL"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Don't forget, ppl with spectral tigers are to be kicked out as well. Anyone who thinks it's ok to acquire items in any game with cash has to be taught a lesson.
    you need to be taught to live and let live, you fucking moronic douche-bag
    you are jealous and petty, i bet you get mad when you see a guy with a bigger bulge in his pants then yours and it ruins your day.....lol
    you are sad lil man

Deleted
    I can understand it kind of. The ones who are kicking others out for wearing shop-items are just pissed off at blizz for implenting said items and they are trying to send a message because otherwise blizzard wont hear them.... or maybe blizz will hear them but it doesnt guarantee that they'll do something about it.
    Its more of way to give feedback rather than being unhappy with a player.

Not surprising, though honestly? I'd probably vote to kick em also just for general trolliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Yet there have been things in this game where you needed to pay extra from day 1. Why is it now suddenly a problem and wasn't it 10 years ago?
    Day 1 ? Name me one thing from day one ?

Also name me a thing that was sold in ingame store in a subscription based game from day one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    make them incredibly rare drops off bosses/BMAH only ... so either rely on stupid RNG/pay 999.999 gold for it or buy for 15$... I'm sure many players would still chose to pay 15$
    If they drop, then they're farmable and people would be less likely to pay for one. BMAH would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Thank you for that

In a nutshell: You vote with your dollars Taking it out on customers who bough a problem is..I know I repeat myself...pathetic.
    Translation: "find another way to stick it to Blizzard just leave me alone!"

No, this is far too genius and effective. Blizzard won't bat an eye if you unsubscribe as much as if you are purposely kicking players who have the helms.

Unsubscribing = 1 person unhappy
    Sabotaging another players experience = 2 people unhappy

You can call me immature/dick/asshole/psychotic all you want but it's all because YOU don't want to get kicked. I'm sorry but you bought the helm.

Infracted: Actually, no they cannot call you those things and you shouldn't be encouraging them. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-07-20 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Which ones would that be?
    Well Everquest for one, the game a lot of people left for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Again - It was still just industry 9 years back .. and 5 years back.. and 2 weeks ago.... Blizzard just decided to betray part of their loyal long term subscriber base by adding in game microtransaction into the plans.

Thats not how you treat players. You can create NEW games like pardo said 5 years back that have these things built in .. but you do not add them later on... UNLESS you are betraying your playerbase in a subscription driven game.
    You read the first sentence and stopped, didn't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    If they wanted the price to ensure exclusivity they would have made it higher. The reason they are selling them for $15 is because they know they can sell them for that. Would they sell more of them if they priced them at $10? Yeah they probably would, but I doubt they would be selling enough to make up for the lower price.
    They have to balance it against the is everyone wearing one? thing, a lot of people will wait a few days to see the take up. If it's too common, it actually puts people off that, and more importantly subsequent purchases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow so many insults flying around, this is quite an entertaining thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Again - It was still just industry 9 years back .. and 5 years back.. and 2 weeks ago.... Blizzard just decided to betray part of their loyal long term subscriber base by adding in game microtransaction into the plans.

Thats not how you treat players. You can create NEW games like pardo said 5 years back that have these things built in .. but you do not add them later on... UNLESS you are betraying your playerbase in a subscription driven game.
    Wait.. I'm pretty sure you could buy cheaper things from the Blizzard store years ago already. I'm really living in a fantasyworld, since I'm the only one remembering that for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Thank you for that

In a nutshell: You vote with your dollars Taking it out on customers who bough a problem is..I know I repeat myself...pathetic.
    I have to admit I don't see it that way.

I frequently argue on these forums that the people responsible for a lot of the fairly obnoxious stuff we see from streams is the consumer of streams who is creating the demand. Blaming only the person who fills that demand is pointless and incorrect.

There's two sides here - supply and demand. The people who bought the helm or whatever are very much a part of the equation albeit on the demand side. Boycotts of various kinds (and the corresponding treatment of those who break them) are a longstanding tradition of protest that focuses on that demand side, it's not unusual, uncommon or pathetic. It can in fact be very effective in reducing demand and sending a message.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Translation:
    You are either joking or a piece of garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    It defers other people from buying it then and supporting something that some people don't want in the game.
    Really? I just bought three, exclusively to spite people like the ones in this thread. I think next paycheck I'll buy three more and whisper people the codes at random, no charge.

Disposable income is awesome.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way, I'm still relatively confident that this "LFR thing" is not really a thing. Even if (big if) the OP's source is credible and it happened once, lots of things will happen once in a playerbase as large as WoW's.

The people currently raging will (mostly) remain subbed and wait for the next thing to rage about. The rest of the playerbase will continue enjoying the game, not even realizing that a few angry forum posters think that they, the non-forum public, hate the game and are rising up.

But narratives are fun. Keep it up.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    Blizzard mentioned charging a small premium fee for the cross realm battle.net grouping feature when it was first announced. It was met with page after page of capped threads opposing it and countless canceled subs. Mine included. The message was received loud and clear: the feature needed to be included as part of our $15/mo sub. Which it was. You're welcome.

If people stand for nothing, they will fall for anything.
    You're talking about two completely different things.

Cross-realm is one thing, that's the ability to make friends in different servers or chat/play with friends that are on other servers.

These helmets are for cosmetic purposes only. In no shape or form do they effect game play.

Am I going to buy them? Probably not. But am I going to vote kick someone out of LFR/LFG just because they bought them? No. Let their bank accounts/accountants/parents/spouses or w/e judge them about their purchases, not some jackasses stroking their epeen by trying to 'rebel against the system.'

People like you make my brain hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Because instead of being in the game as a reward for your dedication to complete a nice questline of dailies/achievement or a very rare drop off a raid boss(Horns off ragnaros, ice crown thingfrom the lich king of kel thuzad and the red helm from something like Deathwing or w/e) and thus offering every1 the chance to get it it's only catered towards those with more money than sense.
    Everyone can get the store helmets. People just have to work for them in the real world instead of ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    Translation: "find another way to stick it to Blizzard just leave me alone!"

No, this is far too genius and effective. Blizzard won't bat an eye if you unsubscribe as much as if you are purposely kicking players who have the helms.

You can call me immature/dick/asshole/psychotic all you want but it's all because YOU don't want to get kicked. I'm sorry but you bought the helm.

No. It's all because you really are immature. If you want to stick it to Blizzard, do it without being a hindrance to others. As if Blizzard will listen to your lowly, petty attempts at bothering others who pay for something they might like and suddenly go "we were wrong guys! Let's get rid of the shop."

They'll more than likely just ban you/change the kick system.