Page 43 of 124 FirstFirst ...
33
41
42
43
44
45
53
93
... LastLast
  1. #841
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    If this is happening, I really hope Blizzard starts banning people. All that these "protesters" have proven, is that they're afraid to cancel their own subscription. Maybe if Blizzard starts cracking a few eggs, the rest will fall in line. And yes, we know that its technically not against the rules, but what you guys don't understand is that Blizzard can ban you for anything. You're poking the bear and expecting it not to smack you.

    In the end, the only reason you guys "protest", is because of jealousy. You're jealous that someone else has obtained something that you can't. Yes, you CAN'T. You guys are bound by some unknown law that seems to forbid you from buying an item which doesn't affect you in the slightest.
    I'd be happy to receive a ban. That way I'd become a data point at a developer meeting: Players are getting harassed and kicked from LFR groups; we've had to ban x number of players and deal with y number of customer service complaints; taken together with the controversy it has caused in the community, is the deleterious effect this is having on our game worth it in the long term?

    And the word is contempt, not jealousy. You're disgusted at me for thinking people who buy this crap deserve to be kicked from LFR groups; that's okay, because I'm equally disgusted at them for buying them and in doing so supporting a policy that betrays the values Blizzard once stood for.

  2. #842
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Nope. They deserved it and I'd like to buy the kickers a beverage.
    People like you are poison for the soul.

    Knock it off with the personal remarks [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-07-20 at 02:38 AM.

  3. #843
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    haha that's awesome. justice served
    - These people bought items that have NO affect on me whatsoever therefor Justice is served, They don't hinder game-play they do not give an advantage it is just a vanity item thus he or she deserves a kick

    What the fuck how is this justice?

    LOL

  4. #844
    Mechagnome shanthi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    713
    Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    So, "I disagree with people who disagree with the pricing structure" = "basic economic reality"

    Boy it sure does get better and better. Or would... If your opinion was the only one in the thread.

    But your opinion of good or bad business is the only one that can be considered! If a product or service is perceived as priced too high that's just basic economic reality! If it's priced just right or too low that's a bargain for the consumer! Brilliant sir!
    Your sarcasm needs work, sir.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

  5. #845
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    No, everyone doesn't know this. Just because you and a handful of bullies have something in your head, a grudge against Blizzard, doesn't mean "everyone knows." Christ almighty.

    If you want to speak out against Blizzard's business practices, then haul your butt out to Irvine California and park on their front lawn, shout obscenities, and raise a ruckus. Don't take it out on some average Joe who saw a helmet in the store, said "that looks pretty cool" and spent his own damn money on the thing. You selfish, narrow-minded little... AGH.

    I swear, it isn't the "business practice" of Blizzard that makes me lose faith in humanity, it's people like you.
    I have to agree with this. Blizzards business practice is no worse than most business out there.

    Edit: How does a cosmetic item effect your raid(refering to other posts in the thread not the quoted post)?

  6. #846
    I am Murloc! Taftvalue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the desert
    Posts
    5,605
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    - These people bought items that have NO affect on me whatsoever therefor Justice is served

    What the fuck.
    you're very naive if you think that such items have no effect on the rest of the player base or the game then again you're probably a good cow
    You kill or you die. Or you die and you kill.
    Tell them only that the Lich King is dead and that World of Warcraft died with him.

  7. #847
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,411
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    - These people bought items that have NO affect on me whatsoever therefor Justice is served

    What the fuck.
    I feel like I saw a thread similar to this when the Mounts were announced back in Wrath. But it was actually not happening. Threads like this only serve to show you who in the community or atleast on this site are awful people, like the guy you just responded to.

  8. #848
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    you're very naive if you think that such items have no effect on the rest of the player base or the game
    You're just plain overreacting lol like I'd make fun of you pretty hard but I can't I like having my slate clean the fact is. You're fucking overreacting it DOESN'T DO SHIT it doesn't give a fucking advantage

    Justice my ass

    You don't even know the definition of justice

  9. #849
    Mechagnome shanthi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    713
    Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    I'd be happy to receive a ban. That way I'd become a data point at a developer meeting: Players are getting harassed and kicked from LFR groups; we've had to ban x number of players and deal with y number of customer service complaints; taken together with the controversy it has caused in the community, is the deleterious effect this is having on our game worth it in the long term?

    And the word is contempt, not jealousy. You're disgusted at me for thinking people who buy this crap deserve to be kicked from LFR groups; that's okay, because I'm equally disgusted at them for buying them and in doing so supporting a policy that betrays the values Blizzard once stood for.
    This seems to be a pretty pervasive fantasy. I hate to destroy dreams, but even if it's happening a lot (which it probably isn't), people will lose interest as they get used to seeing them all over the place, just like with the celestial steed. Panic in Blizzard headquarters isn't going to happen.

    Sorry.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

  10. #850
    I like it and find it quite funny. If being kicked out of an LFR or LFD prevents even one person from buying the next thing from the cash shop then it's a successful action imo. The cash shop is a pile of crap and never should be used by anyone. All it's giving way to is them actually putting something that does affect game play on the shop cause they know they'll make money.
    Brunnorx/Sofex - Zul'jin US PvE - 14/14H T16 - 9 hr/wk - Exiled Legion

  11. #851
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    42 pages already, THE ULTIMATE TOPIC?, blizzstore cash cow $$$ QQ, with the biggest running debate ever seen in WoW, LFR.....could this topic be set to overtake the pony crap?
    Actually yes, I think so. A lot of people obviously feel some line was crossed when the cosmetic items introduced into the store were something other than pets or mounts but stuff you wear on your character. I don't necessarily agree with them because I do think that transmogrification in and of itself changed a lot of those rules but change is hard. If our mounts had been made part of our combat kit and contributed something to healing and damage back in vanilla then I could imagine much the same sort of response after this long of a time.

    That's as fair as I can be about it. I don't think that makes it any more valid necessarily.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  12. #852
    The type of people that would kick someone for this are the type we no longer need anyways. Stop complaining and enjoy the game or just quit.

    It's blizzard's world, they can do whatever they want. If they want to sell vanity items, gear upgrades, w/e, doesn't matter. You will either play/pay or not play/pay, and that's all that matters to them.

  13. #853
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Cause you're ruinning others game experience because you don't like that they buyed a COSMETIC item..., don't you think it would be the same if someone kick you out of a raid/dungeon because you have X or Y transmog/mounts/title?
    'buyed'. Blizzard is heading the wrong way with the game, and by kicking people who buy these terrible transmogs from blizzard at an inflated price, they seem to think it will prove to Blizz to change it.
    you can follow my funny twitter here.

  14. #854
    Mechagnome shanthi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    713
    Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    I like it and find it quite funny. If being kicked out of an LFR or LFD prevents even one person from buying the next thing from the cash shop then it's a successful action imo.
    It won't. People being jerks in LFR is not uncommon and doesn't make people reevaluate their lives.

    Sorry.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

  15. #855
    The Lightbringer leaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I don't even know anymore.
    Posts
    3,439
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

  16. #856
    Fluffy Kitten Callei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    10,224
    Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    I like it and find it quite funny. If being kicked out of an LFR or LFD prevents even one person from buying the next thing from the cash shop then it's a successful action imo. The cash shop is a pile of crap and never should be used by anyone. All it's giving way to is them actually putting something that does affect game play on the shop cause they know they'll make money.
    Except it won't. People aren't going to be conditioned Pavlovian-style against cash shop items because they were booted from groups. All it's going to do is sour them to you, not to Blizzard or the cash shop. To think otherwise is to afford far too much import to what some random douchebag booting you from the group has on someone.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  17. #857
    Mechagnome Zorua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    725
    Blizzard as a company is trying to make as much money as they possibly can, with as little work as possible.
    This...is true, but only because they're trying to recover from yet another massive drop in sales.

    A lot of High population and even full servers are transitioning down to low/medium pop. I know everyone should and loves to shove Moon Guard under the rug, but it's been a full RP server for years, no matter the time. Now during peak times, it's only High population. Wyrmrest Accord, another high population RP server transitions to Medium population until peak hours in the evenings. Almost all the medium population servers are completely dead. And it's obvious that WoW is losing subscribers at an alarming rate. I'm not saying WoW is dying, just that it's in a decline right now.

    As for people's speculations about why WoW is declining, it's not because of another MMO or video game or even completely Blizzard's fault. WoW is an old game that can really only defeat itself at this point. A lot of nostalgia, which kept old players playing, was removed for newer and faster content that doesn't resonate well with older players. Newer players are scared off by the massive amounts of grinding and overall boring and lackluster payoff at the endgame. It's a stale game, by this point. And no matter what they release, it will feel stale. We've been doing the exact same thing for years.

  18. #858
    As pointed out, me being one of the guys that has managed to kick at least a few dozen people now, it's a form of protest.

    All I do is point it out, and often it gets followed with half the raid doing /spit emotes and other stuff I didn't ask for towards the target. So it's quite clear that many people are upset or disgruntled with the itemshop idea. Votekick reasons that pop up usually are:
    - Itemshop retard
    - Pay2win retard
    - Idiot tax

    So again, it's quite clear that there is a deep dislike.

    Maybe it's a flaw of the votekick system, but it's working as intended apparently, and according to Blizzard's standards enough people everytime agree that someone deserves kicked from the group.
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ

  19. #859
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    It won't. People being jerks in LFR is not uncommon and doesn't make people reevaluate their lives.

    Sorry.
    With this being said all this will do make you look like a jackass in addition to probably make the LFR/LFD tool to be modified thus making it even more harder removing the ones that are actually DO have an effect on the players I mean really people I've afked in fucking LFR and I just imagine OH THESE GROUP OF PEOPLE HAVE THAT SHIT TERRIBLE fanboy helm lets kick them. ''What about the person whos afk 99% of the time'' Fuck that he/she didn't buy that helm thus he/she deserves to stay err... that doesn't make sense

    VOTE TO KICK the people who have the helm
    WITCHHHHHHHHH
    YOU HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM THE GROUP

    OUT

    Justice is served

  20. #860
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    I can, read my post here. Some of it has a slippery slope tone to it sure, but not all of it. They are making quick cash, which means they don't need to improve the quality of the game, but rather add items that take little time to make, and gain the same profit.



    I'm really tired of people countering slippery slope arguments by insisting all slippery slopes are fallacy. Read my post I linked and it shows an actual slippery slope.
    Okay; I read your post. This, "Where does this end? Where should the people opposed to such a path start to protest? When you deem that Blizzard has officially gone too far? Then it would be too late." is a slippery slope argument. Even though your question is obviously a rhetorical one, I will answer it anyway by repeating what I said earlier. The moment a microtransaction gives even 1 DPS, HPS, or EHP, I will be the first person to get out a pitch fork and condemn Blizzard. And the idea that it will somehow be "too late" is speculation on your part with no evidence to back it up. It's never too late to complain and get something changed when you're the one keeping something afloat. If complaining on the forums doesn't work, I will speak with my money and unsub if and when microtransactions provide an in game benefit.

    Also, "Instead of Blizzard improving the quality of their game, to make more money, they throw items at the player base for a quick buck. That's why they are doing it, and that is the only reason, and you're letting them do it.

    So, people opposed to the micro-transactions, aren't just against some Transmog Helmets, they are against Blizzard making a quick buck, rather than improving the quality of the game and bringing more subs t the game."


    Making more money by improving the quality of the game and making more money by adding microtransactions are not mutually exclusive. The team that designs the helmets are not the same people responsible for programming the raids, or writing the story, or translating the game into other languages, or cleaning the office cubicles or anything else that a game company needs to make shit happen.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •