Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    the Spectral Tiger is already in the game and sold by 3rd party websites for YEARS.

along with a few dozen other items sold by Cryptozoic...

The spectral tiger costs around 500 dollars....

So you didn't complain then (5 years ago) when 3rd party sold these fluff things, but now you do ???

LOL. Blizzard haters are a laugh really.
    I oppose all these things, the only exception being the cinderkitten and that other mount which was sold for charity. It's not enough to make me quit the game. But i still loathe the path they've taken, and i'll voice my concern untill one day the last drop falls and i quit.

I don't agree with healthcare either, but i'm not about to migrate elsewhere. Rather put my votes behind politicians that share my views.

I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    I might be a moron, a butthurt kid, an idiot but man, atleast id rather "waste" money on something that draws girls to me like protein powder, how-to-flirt books or weights than wasting my money on pixels.
    Then that's your choice, why is my choice of buying the pixles more right than you buying protein powder and various other things?
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    So by kicking the pay2win hatters
    Semi off-topic, but how is a cosmetic item "pay2win"?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

So anyone see someone kicked from LFR for wearing the transmog tonight? Or is this just a bunch of people raging over a troll thread started by an anonymous level 15 Warlock on the EU forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    13 year old LFR fanboiz jumping on a bandwagon that differentiates the people who have bought an item. Calling them "losers" and /kicking. To some extent it's human nature to reach out to those different and hate on them. It's pathetic and childish and bordering on pixel racism.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week i'm going to Comic Con Australia in beautiful Sydney!

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    the Spectral Tiger is already in the game and sold by 3rd party websites for YEARS.

along with a few dozen other items sold by Cryptozoic...

The spectral tiger costs around 500 dollars....

So you didn't complain then (5 years ago) when 3rd party sold these fluff things, but now you do ???

LOL. Blizzard haters are a laugh really.
    not as funny as the bizarre sight of Blizzard apologists. that is hilarious.

do you praise a restaurant when it finds new ways to charge you for things? your mobile phone provider? do you cheer when your power company comes up with a new standing charge to add to the other ways it bills you?

of course not. that would be ridiculous.

yet Blizzard does that, and you come on this site, repeating time after time after time, how wonderful Blizzard are, because they will make new and greater profits. absurd behaviour that can only be explained by you either being deluded, or deliberately trying to stir things up to create a reaction. but i cant accuse you of the second thing, of course, because that would apparently be wrong.

anyway, off for breakfast i think. coffee and a bagel for me, but i suspect that wouldnt be your choice. you are probably more of a tea and roll man.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

The volume of new game features and content in MoP is a direct consequence of people cancelling subscriptions during Cataclysm. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    I oppose all these things, the only exception being the cinderkitten and that other mount which was sold for charity. It's not enough to make me quit the game. But i still loathe the path they've taken, and i'll voice my concern untill one day the last drop falls and i quit.

I don't agree with healthcare either, but i'm not about to migrate elsewhere. Rather put my votes behind politicians that share my views.
    You are one of a very select few because there hasn't been this much of an outcry in a long time. People just sat and gobbled up the mounts and minipets for years with exception to perhaps the first mount or two from the Blizzard store and first mini pet or two. After that the majority of people just accepted it.

Transmoging being a huge endgame activity for many. Being able to purchase the subjective "best" looking gear could be considered pay to win.

And a cash grab.
    The general consensus in regards to a pay to win is that you are paying to get an in-game advantage over others. In PvE raids/heroics/challenge modes/scenario/brawlers guild the helmets have no affect on the performance of the player or the people he/she is playing with. In PvP rated/arena/random/world the helmets have no affect on the performance of the player or the people he/she is playing with. In other content such as levelling, doing dailies, doing achievements the helmets have no affect on the performance of the player or the people he/she is playing with.

Wouldn't pay to win better fit the pets and mounts? Seeing as you get REWARDS from achievements by having a certain amount of pets/mounts? 9 store pets sure helps get that collect 400 unique pet achievement faster. 5 store mounts sure helps get that 200 mount achievement faster.
    Last edited by Forgottenone; 2013-07-20 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    Transmoging being a huge endgame activity for many. Being able to purchase the subjective "best" looking gear could be considered pay to win.

And a cash grab.

atleast id rather "waste" money on something that draws girls to me like protein powder, how-to-flirt books or weights
    If you need those things to draw someone to you, bad luck. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    You are one of a very select few because there hasn't been this much of an outcry in a long time. People just sat and gobbled up the mounts and minipets for years with exception to perhaps the first mount or two from the Blizzard store and first mini pet or two. After that the majority of people just accepted it.
    There's not much else to do about it once the things are put on the store. But we can very well try and discourage them from putting up more. By prosecuting those who support these shady practices in harmless situations such as lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    not as funny as the bizarre sight of Blizzard apologists. that is hilarious.

do you praise a restaurant when it finds new ways to charge you for things? your mobile phone provider? do you cheer when your power company comes up with a new standing charge to add to the other ways it bills you?

yet Blizzard does that, and you come on this site, repeating time after time after time, how wonderful Blizzard are, because they will make new and greater profits. absurd behaviour that can only be explained by you either being deluded, or deliberately trying to stir things up to create a reaction. but i cant accuse you of the second thing, of course, because that would apparently be wrong.

anyway, off for breakfast i think. coffee and a bagel for me, but i suspect that wouldnt be your choice. you are probably more of a tea and roll man.
    http://www.ebay.com/bhp/spectral-tiger

please ... DO click that link and scroll ....

enough said: 500 dollars asked for a spectral tiger by 3rd parties...

but when Blizzard asks 15 dollars for fluff things ... they ARE the evil.

Get out of our hobby with all your hate please.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-20 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post

I actually find the idea of paying extra for some extra cheese or topping on my pizza very logical...
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

And a cash grab.
    That's quite a stretch to call that winning. When looking pretty helps you obtain world first, then I will agree. And also, does that mean I already won the game since I've had what I wanted to transmog in my bank since Burning Crusade? (being a pack rat paid off)
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Herald of the Titans naturetauren's Avatar
    Born in Sweden, but im going to move away <3
    I also whined about flying mounts in the store using the same model as unusuable flying mounts in the game, shows how pathetic Blizzard really are. Im not pveing but whenever i see a guy in a pvp server wear some item he bought from the store, its ganking time.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Then that's your choice, why is my choice of buying the pixles more right than you buying protein powder and various other things?
    Some people can try going to people and say "I bought a transmog item" VS "I bought this cool protein powder"

The reaction is based on the right choice.
    OP spells at Ashran? Based on faction population? Yes, WODs gonna be the most awesome expansion ever! Propably gonna hit under 4 million sub mark.

And a cash grab.
    How do you "win" at looking the best? Which art piece is the "best" Mona Lisa or Scream, who's the most beautiful woman in the world?
    The "value" of art or looks is different from person to person, there's no "win" across the board. I and some people will think my transmog is cool, others might not.

- - - Updated - - -

Some people can try going to people and say "I bought a transmog item" VS "I bought this cool protein powder"

The reaction is based on the right choice.
    just wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigeri View Post
    I'm just wondering why did people get so upset of blizzard to sell cosmetic items to those who really want them? How's that ripping off? Are those whiners maybe just poor, or underaged thus not have the possibility to buy these items? Or maybe it's a kind of fashion trend to whine about corporations making profit? The fuck really? If you don't like the helmets, don't want to buy them, that's just fine. It's a choice the buyers make, they want the helms for their reasons. You insist that YOU may have YOUR opinions that the helmets for cash is bad, but you do not tolerate the opinions of those who like that choice and the new helmets they really wanted? That's absolutely ridiculous and self-centered, close to making me feel ashamed to be a part of this world (along with all the other stupidities humankind has created and committed).

Short story: If you don't like the cash shop and/or the cosmetic helmets, that's fine. You can express that opinion in a proper manner, but kicking people or just harassing them in-game is stupid. Don't be an idiot.
    Think the reasonings are that once the public generally accepts the concept of a store where cosmetic gear can be bought, that blizzard would slowly shift their development of the game to accommodate store sales. What once would had been just added to the game and obtainable in normal ways, they could just add it outside or even shift some issues to premium store goods (for example the lesser charms, xp flask). Why balance it directly in-game (by increasing lesser charm drops, or reducing the amount even further, why not add such a flask also as a heirloom) while you can just put it in the store? In the case of the xp flask: while it is in the game why hunt and camp for a rare with low drop chance if you can just use a credit-card? Another example is the declining quality and/or uniqueness of the mount drops in raids comparing WOTLK and the expansions thereafter since the store shop. By directly buying the items in the store they see this as a support, a greenlight for blizzard to slowly shift their way into micro-transactions: no longer would micro transactions be build around the game, but the game be developed/build around micro transactions. There is absolutely no guaranty that the profit will be partially used for improved content development, if at all. It will be used to please share-holders especially after Vivendi failed to sell Acti-Bliz (which was stated in a news press that they are looking for other ways to...compensate the loss)

This leads to the next part then, why would someone care if someone buys /approves the in-game cash shop, it would not affect them in any way. Well, if people invested so much time already that an emotional bond is formed (and with that I mean years) and see that the developer is shifting the game towards a direction that would ruin all that, of course they would see any supporting that shift as an affront to their enjoyment of the game. They would take any actions even if it means denying others of their enjoyment. Is it petty or bad taste? That depends on the eye of the beholder and/or the majority what is deemed acceptable as with all things in life. In case of those vote-kicks apparently the majority voted yes when the kick went through.

But bet this post gets ignored like other reasonings and the entire topic being reduced to boo-hissing and throwing mud at each other, reducing the arguments to surface level.

There's not much else to do about it once the things are put on the store. But we can very well try and discourage them from putting up more. By prosecuting those who support these shady practices in harmless situations such as lfr.
    Again though like my last post said why do we prosecute these players? If you see someone with a store bought mini pet do you try to kick them? Do other people you know try and kick people with store bought mini pets? When you do LFR and see people mount up do you kick those with blizzard store mounts and do other people you know try? Quite frankly if you and others do NOT kick store pet owners and store mount collectors you are just hypocrites because you can't just pick and choose battles that suit you.

Again, pets and mounts affect ACHIEVEMENTS IN GAME are commonly accepted by the WoW community.
    A helmet transmogrification which has no other matching pieces and doesn't affect achievement points is unacceptable by certain parts of the WoW community.

*waits for logic*

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Why? Should subscriber not have the right to play with ppl that do not pay extra for ingame items ? If they choose so .. whats wrong with that ?
    Because it makes you a major douchenozzel for kicking/banning/ect people who choose to buy a cosmetic item that doesn't affect you in the absolute slightest.

Ok I hate how blizzard tries to sell us some helms for 15$ but going as far as to kick a player for using one... now that shows how freaking rotten is the wow community... If you don't like the direction the game is taking vote with your wallet... don't ruin other ppl's fun.
    To the OP and everyone else agreeing with him - You are jerks :P

Did LFR with some people yesterday with them, none were kicked or talked about during the raid. Real shame when a few jerks got to take things to the extreme and abuse the kick system like this.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies