Quote Originally Posted by dasmiez View Post
    It's quite funny how all those poverty-striken poorfags rage 'cause of some shitty 15$-helmets they can't afford. Glad I'm a tank - kicking me hurts the group more than me as I'll be in the raid again some seconds later.
    More obnoxious name calling. Also it doesn't hurt the group, it takes seconds to get another tank. I've queued as tank, it's not instant unless you're talking about 5mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    More obnoxious name calling. Also it doesn't hurt the group, it takes seconds to get another tank. I've queued as tank, it's not instant unless you're talking about 5mans.
    Tell me what quality it is in people doing this that is actually beneficial to kicking the person.

The answer is none, and that is why there's nothing left to analyze except the level of dickishness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yeah I understand why people are doing it, and am simply saying that their logic is flawed and nonsensical :P
    I'm not sure if they actually want to achieve anything with that. Maybe punishing those people just makes them feel better. That always at least makes sense...

It takes seconds to get another tank? We must be running very different LFRs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I'm not sure if they actually want to achieve anything with that. Maybe punishing those people just makes them feel better. That always at least makes sense...
    I feel as if this is very near the exact definition of pettiness haha.

I really wish Blizzard would just add an entire set to match the helm and a weapon. I'd buy it just to piss off people.

Quote Originally Posted by pocky_rin View Post
    Can anyone provide proof that anyone is being kicked purely for helmet reasons and not because they are wearing the helmet but also dying in fire/doing low dps/wrong spec in LFR?
    I've been in 4. The last two I initiated it. The first one, they were just making fun of the person and he ended up popping blood lust and pulling lei shen to wipe us. So I guess you could say it was more for that then the helmet. So 3 kicks I've witnessed. And as I mentioned I was in a bg where we all targeted someone wearing the fire helm through the whole match. I have a few more lfr's to do tomorrow. I'll initiate one again if I see anyone wearing it and will take screenshots if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    I really wish Blizzard would just add an entire set to match the helm and a weapon. I'd buy it just to piss off people.
    I've already set aside a cash shop account on my bank, whenever Ashbringer comes around for 100 dollars or whatnot I'm ready.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

What a lot of people don't seem to get is how it will affect the ones who don't buy such items in the long run. Because Blizzard will make money from it, they will put some of the staff of the art department to make that gear look cooler, thus less time to make awesome items that are achieveable in game, such as the challenge mode gear and raid gear.
    So for this reason I consider kicking people out of LFR and LFG is actually quite fine, making people know that it is wrong to support ideas that will make the game less worthwhile for the regular player, and also the top tier players. Sadly it won't help, but hopefully it will cut the budget of the micro-transaction store enough for them to make raid gear look good.

It is not petty, because it's an attack on people supporting the company, and not envying people who can afford to buy stuff, also the people who buy them should consider in what ways it affects others. If it didn't affect anyone, noone would bother to kick them in the first place.

What a lot of people don't seem to get is how it will affect the ones who don't buy such items in the long run. Because Blizzard will make money from it, they will put some of the staff of the art department to make that gear look cooler, thus less time to make awesome items that are achieveable in game, such as the challenge mode gear and raid gear.
    Supposition ho!

I like how people think Blizzard would really hurt themselves with such an action as above in order to get 15 bucks from people.

It is not petty, because it's an attack on people supporting the company, and not envying people who can afford to buy stuff, also the people who buy them should consider in what ways it affects others. If it didn't affect anyone, noone would bother to kick them in the first place.
    It actually is exactly pettiness. Because the people have already bought them. And, oh yes? The items do not affect you in any way whatsoever. What you're essentially lobbying for is bullying of people who think differently than you do.

Again, pettiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    The pizza analogy.
    Does it really need to be more dramatic than this? Would you flip out on the guy in front of you in the pizza restaurant for ordering extra cheese?
    Because you don't know how to make a proper analogy. For the past 9 years you've been buying a pizza with pepperoni mushrooms and green peppers for 15 bucks and then today they say if you want the pepperoni it will cost you an extra 15. You used to get it included in the price of the pizza, but now it's extra.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    So for this reason I consider kicking people out of LFR and LFG is actually quite fine, making people know that it is wrong to support ideas that will make the game less worthwhile for the regular player, and also the top tier players. Sadly it won't help, but hopefully it will cut the budget of the micro-transaction store enough for them to make raid gear look good.

What makes you think that blizzard wouldn't hire more art designers if this cash shop deal becomes a success?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Just heard that quite a few ppl have now been kicked out of both LFRs and LFGs for wearing the Blizzard store helmets they bought for 15$. What do you guys think of that ?

All I can say about it is that I can well understand ppl for doing that. There are some very heated discussions going on and I think Blizzard just went totally overboard in implementing these items, their pricing and the fact that most players are now realising that in game micro transaction is soon to follow.

Right now I think there is a big majority of players that do not like WOW to have this ingame store on top of subscription. So Blizzard forcing these items in without actually having laid the ground for it - just backfired badly.

Personally - I think it can only be a good thing to see players flex their power in game like this. It will hopefully get the developers and the corporate minds actually thinking about the players before they decide to create a new business model for a game .... without even asking the players what they thought of it.

Edit. Adding a link to gamebreaker.tv where they talk about one such incident and the general effect that the helms and the talk of ingame store are having in the community.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game...legendary-135/
    I think it's hillarious. But it's also hypocricy. People who play WoW kicking other people who play WoW. If they really wanted to make a moral stand against Blizzard, they'd quit playing.

Because you don't know how to make a proper analogy. For the past 9 years you've been buying a pizza with pepperoni mushrooms and green peppers for 15 bucks and then today they say if you want the pepperoni it will cost you an extra 15. You used to get it included in the price of the pizza, but now it's extra.
    You're actually the one who doesn't understand analogies. Your analogy implies that suddenly the pepperoni costs extra. That would mean that suddenly things that actually matter in the game cost more beyond the subscription cost. They don't. And you either can't understand this or are deliberately obfuscating the issue in order to make your side seem like the noble ones fighting for the consumer.

The best analogy would be that the pizza place has now begun offering a specially colored box that looks fancy for an extra 15 bucks. But the pizza is the same.

What would be be saying about people who chose to use the regular box stomping their feet and crying that somebody spent more than the cost of the pizza itself on something that looked fancy?

Crazy, petty, stupid, or a combination of the three.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-07-20 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    and you didn't answer my question why a 3rd party item is acceptable but not an item from a Blizzard store.
    Because 3rd party sites are not going to slow down their work on other aspects of the game. Thus 3rd party sites is okay for whoever who wish to spend their money on it, because it does not affect anyone as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    It takes seconds to get another tank? We must be running very different LFRs.
    Tank dc'd in my last one, we kicked him. About 10 seconds went by before someone screamed "GOGOGOGOGO" and then someone else said "shut up we're waiting for a tank" and then about 2 secs after that a tank came in. So I'm sorry about your luck, but I've never had to wait long for a lost tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    As stupid as it is to kick someone for buying something, it's pretty damn funny.

No, If you want a normal pizza with the normal amount of cheese and toppings that's the same cost as ever. If you want EXTRA cheese or toppings that's extra.
    You can chose to buy the same pizza as ever and get the same product as ever, but if you want a bit extra you can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    You're actually the one who doesn't understand analogies. Your analogy implies that suddenly the pepperoni costs extra. That would mean that suddenly things that actually matter in the game cost more beyond the subscription cost. They don't. And you either can't understand this or are deliberately obfuscating the issue in order to make your side seem like the noble ones fighting for the consumer.

The best analogy would be that the pizza place has now begun offering a specially colored box that looks fancy for an extra 15 bucks. But the pizza is the same.
    Maybe cosmetic in game matters to people? When did you get to dictate what matters and doesn't? So your line is at gear, other people have their line at cosmetic gear. In fact it is pathetic that you are using this argument, with the idea that they will never implement gear... lets say they did, you had better hush up because... oh it's only ilvl 476, you can get better gear in the game.

long story short, don't bash on people because cosmetic items are important to them
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    No, If you want a normal pizza with the normal amount of cheese and toppings that's the same cost as ever. If you want EXTRA cheese or toppings that's extra.
    You can chose to buy the same pizza as ever and get the same product as ever, but if you want a bit extra you can.
    I don't even think this is a good argument, because extra cheese means you're legitimately getting more.

Having a flashier helm gets you a total of zero things in this game.