10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    No, If you want a normal pizza with the normal amount of cheese and toppings that's the same cost as ever. If you want EXTRA cheese or toppings that's extra.
    You can chose to buy the same pizza as ever and get the same product as ever, but if you want a bit extra you can.
    I don't pay 15 dollars a month for a pizza membership, if I did, I would expect those toppings to be free
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I feel as if this is very near the exact definition of pettiness haha.
    Those might still be otherwise nice people, who are simply of the opinion, that if there weren't people, who are willing to put down a ridiculous amount of cash for a couple of items, that the whole cash shop thing would then just collapse - the prices would drop drastically or the items would be obtainable in game, as they should be. I have bought pets and mounts in the past, so I'm part of the problem, but I've realized that it was a mistake. Blizzard is tricking gullible people, like I myself unfortunately used to be, into giving them ridiculous amounts of money for shit. Buy two helmets and you've already almost put down the price of a whole expansion. They're taking advantage of people, because they know some people are so heavily invested into this game that they will put down that amount of money, because they feel they need it.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Maybe cosmetic in game matters to people? When did you get to dictate what matters and doesn't? So your line is at gear, other people have their line at cosmetic gear. In fact it is pathetic that you are using this argument, with the idea that they will never implement gear... lets say they did, you had better hush up because... oh it's only ilvl 476, you can get better gear in the game.

long story short, don't bash on people because cosmetic items are important to them
    Probably because there is no contest/reward/ect for cosmetic items? Because there is nothing in the game you can achieve by having a flashier helm than somebody else?

I'm not going to address your slippery slope fallacy because its called a fallacy for a reason.

Long story short, understand how reality works.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even think this is a good argument, because extra cheese means you're legitimately getting more.

Having a flashier helm gets you a total of zero things in this game.
    It gets you a flashier helm than that guy *points to guy with not so flashy helm*
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

What makes you think that blizzard wouldn't hire more art designers if this cash shop deal becomes a success?
    Posts from Ghostcrawler basically telling that they would hire people with good qualifications if they find them. Thus meaning that they can't "just hire" more art designers, as then they would have to lower their standard, and it would still affect us. Guess what blizzard would put their best art team on? The art making them quick money or the art that anyone in the game can get as long as they put their effort into it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Tank dc'd in my last one, we kicked him. About 10 seconds went by before someone screamed "GOGOGOGOGO" and then someone else said "shut up we're waiting for a tank" and then about 2 secs after that a tank came in. So I'm sorry about your luck, but I've never had to wait long for a lost tank.
    And I've sat in front of Lei Shen trash for 30 minutes waiting for a tank before. I'm actually getting used to solo-tanking most of the bosses in ToT LFR because of what a pain it is to wait for a tank.

Every single week I queue multiple ToT LFRs with tanks, healers, and dps. My tanks always get the shortest queues.

I guess you're just the special player who never has to wait for a tank in LFR.

You're actually the one who doesn't understand analogies. Your analogy implies that suddenly the pepperoni costs extra. That would mean that suddenly things that actually matter in the game cost more beyond the subscription cost. They don't. And you either can't understand this or are deliberately obfuscating the issue in order to make your side seem like the noble ones fighting for the consumer.

The best analogy would be that the pizza place has now begun offering a specially colored box that looks fancy for an extra 15 bucks. But the pizza is the same.
    It's amusing to me that you're saying gear doesn't matter. So all those millions of threads asking for transmog didn't matter. People were just doing challenge modes cause they hated having invisibility potions in their bags. All those heroic FL and heroic DS and ulduar runs I see in trade they're all make believe right? I'm done with you, you're just arguing nonsense at this point.

It gets you a flashier helm than that guy *points to guy with not so flashy helm*
    Which accomplishes what, exactly? Feeds into your ego?

Within the mechanics of the game, its 100% irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because there is no contest/reward/ect for cosmetic items? Because there is nothing in the game you can achieve by having a flashier helm than somebody else?
    There.. there isn't a reward for cosmetic items? That is your argument?

Your right, Cosmetic items ARE the reward!

Challenge modes... GASP, why did I bother to do them.. the gear doesnt dooo anything

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is definitely entertaining. My attitude towards people who bought these helms are first targets to kill in Battlegrounds and the only one to go after, and currently living up to the more money than sense stereotype I have placed on them, e.g. the Holy Paladin that decided to swap to Retribution after we wiped, telling a badly geared Ele Shaman to heal and refused to swap back, so I left.

Greeting all the fools who buy this thing with a /lol, or something else in Battlegrounds, such as a Dagger in the back/ Chaos Bolt in the face.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Which accomplishes what, exactly? Feeds into your ego?

Within the mechanics of the game, its 100% irrelevant.
    All gear does that, as do all mounts, and all pets, and everything in the game ever. This is why it is a multiplayer game, so you can show off. I could transmog my season 13 elite gear into greens, but I don't because yes, I would like to show off my acomplishment. Just like people with fast cars and whatnot.

Also why people do challenge modes, if it was just for funsies there wouldn't be trophy gear. Maybe when you grew up they had already stopped telling kids who won the little league game and gave everyone a trophy, idk

It's amusing to me that you're saying gear doesn't matter. So all those millions of threads asking for transmog didn't matter. People were just doing challenge modes cause they hated having invisibility potions in their bags. All those heroic FL and heroic DS and ulduar runs I see in trade they're all make believe right? I'm done with you, you're just arguing nonsense at this point.
    Actually what you've done and are continuing to do is obfuscate the issue with tangential points. Nowhere did I say gear didn't matter. The way gear looks doesn't matter. Blizzard added transmog because people wanted to change how their armor looked. The changing of the looks of that armor doesn't affect the GAMEPLAY of the game at all.

- - - Updated - - -

All gear does that, as do all mounts, and all pets, and everything in the game ever. This is why it is a multiplayer game, so you can show off. I could transmog my season 13 elite gear into greens, but I don't because yes, I would like to show off my acomplishment. Just like people with fast cars and whatnot.
    Welcome to what cosmetic means. That doesn't mean those things you've listed affect the game at all. They still don't.

This is one thing I noticed while reading this entire thread. The ones that support the kicking and shaming of people buying the cash shop items are usually calm, give their reasons and viewpoints civilly. The pro shop people are downright rude, insulting, getting extremely personal and angry. I actually read a lot of nasty posts in here and noticed that none of them were being infracted. Then I noticed the moderators posting in here, and they were on the pro cash shop side. Very telling.
    You have everyone split into 2 groups, (pro-shop and not pro-shop) Which isn't what this thread is about at all. This is about players being discriminated for their choices.... Why is it okay to purposefully ruin these players times who have really done nothing wrong, they saw something neat, had some pocket change and decided to throw it at blizzard. THEN they get these people that seem to think they are some kind of activist movement kicking them from groups because they have a cosmetic item.... It's just baffling to me that anyone would want to ruin another players experience over something so trivial.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

I don't even think this is a good argument, because extra cheese means you're legitimately getting more.

Transmog has different values to different people.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

it gets you a flashier helm... if you'd get "zero things in this game" then nobody would buy it and nobody would be complaining about it.

Transmog has different values to different people.
    The entire point about the cash shop and why people are upset is because the argument is that it becomes inevitably pay to win.

Arguing within the ultimate confines of becoming "Pay to win" (Notice even the people who don't even mention buying gear for a long time and still complain about this inevitably mention buying gear with actual stats on it) means you have to operate within the mathematics and mechanics of the game.

The way a person looks doesn't affect the ability/effectiveness/skill of a player. It doesn't affect the way the player interacts with the mechanical aspects of the game (Meaning raids, pvp, things that actually award items).

it gets you a flashier helm... if you'd get "zero things in this game" then nobody would buy it and nobody would be complaining about it.
    See above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually what you've done and are continuing to do is obfuscate the issue with tangential points. Nowhere did I say gear didn't matter. The way gear looks doesn't matter. Blizzard added transmog because people wanted to change how their armor looked. The changing of the looks of that armor doesn't affect the GAMEPLAY of the game at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to what cosmetic means. That doesn't mean those things you've listed affect the game at all. They still don't.
    I'm missing your point. IF cosmetic items mean nothing, why do people do challenge modes? As far as I'm concerned that is challenge mode level gear.

No, If you want a normal pizza with the normal amount of cheese and toppings that's the same cost as ever. If you want EXTRA cheese or toppings that's extra.
    You can chose to buy the same pizza as ever and get the same product as ever, but if you want a bit extra you can.
    Actually it's more like a pizza company figuring out they can remove some of the regular amount of cheese and topping, so that people would pay for having extra cheese and topping, maybe the net result of topping is a bit extra, but the money you have to pay does not correspond to the topping you get.

Tank dc'd in my last one, we kicked him. About 10 seconds went by before someone screamed "GOGOGOGOGO" and then someone else said "shut up we're waiting for a tank" and then about 2 secs after that a tank came in. So I'm sorry about your luck, but I've never had to wait long for a lost tank.
    On the other hand we were waiting for a tank on lei shen for about 15 minutes. Hence anectodal evidence doesn't really prove anything.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I'm missing your point. IF cosmetic items mean nothing, why do people do challenge modes? As far as I'm concerned that is challenge mode level gear.
    Because people want to look a certain way. That still doesn't affect the game in the slightest.

Also pretending Challenge Modes are simply about the gear is a farce. I'm sure the gigantic scoreboard has nothing to do with it, right? Or the extra valor? Or the simple challenge of it?

Nope, must be the terrible looking armor sets.