10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The entire point about the cash shop and why people are upset is because the argument is that it becomes inevitably pay to win.

Arguing within the ultimate confines of becoming "Pay to win" (Notice even the people who don't even mention buying gear for a long time and still complain about this inevitably mention buying gear with actual stats on it) means you have to operate within the mathematics and mechanics of the game.

The way a person looks doesn't affect the ability/effectiveness/skill of a player.

See above.
    nope, the more logical argument against the cash shop, and one I see more is that every single item in the cash shop took time away from other things. They are all items and things that could have been put into the game, but were not.

the famous blizzard line is "Would you like X to happen, or a new raid?" I am going to use it here. would like every minute spent on this junk to be put into making a more quality game that more people want to play. Ktnx
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I'll initiate one again if I see anyone wearing it and will take screenshots if you like.
    A screenshot that clearly shows that said person gets kicked solely because of the helmet, yes.

I was in at least 15 LFR groups yesterday and just as many the day before; in almost every one of them there were people wearing the helmets (because yes, they are already quite common).
    Not a single time anyone cared. There wasn't even a single comment about it in the chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people want to look a certain way. That still doesn't affect the game in the slightest.

Also pretending Challenge Modes are simply about the gear is a farce. I'm sure the gigantic scoreboard has nothing to do with it, right? Or the extra valor? Or the simple challenge of it?

Nope, must be the terrible looking armor sets.
    It's about the gear. you can get the valor with bronze, people try for gold.. cuz gear.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    if someone kick you out of a raid/dungeon because you have X or Y transmog/mounts/title?
    That is not the same thing at all. I do not encourage bad and and corrupt business practices by acquiring and ingame title, do i?

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    nope, the more logical argument against the cash shop, and one I see more is that every single item in the cash shop took time away from other things. They are all items and things that could have been put into the game, but were not.

the famous blizzard line is "Would you like X to happen, or a new raid?" I am going to use it here. would like every minute spent on this junk to be put into making a more quality game that more people want to play. Ktnx
    Except you have zero evidence that anything presented on the Cash Shop was made instead of other actual content.

- - - Updated - - -

It's about the gear
    That does nothing but change how you look. There's a reason Blizzard makes specific mention of tramsog gear and gear with stats. One doesn't affect the effectiveness of a player, and one does.

The former doesn't affect the gameplay, the latter does. Here's an easy example:

You have two players, both the exact same set of gear. One is transmogged into level 1 greys, one is transmogged into Ulduar gear.

Please try to argue that the second player is better equipped to raid or pvp than the first.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-07-20 at 10:05 AM.

You can find several helmets in the game that these transmog helms look very similar to, I can only assume blizzard is just selling off random crap that just hasn't ever been used... Which is greedy and awful and whatever, but it still doesn't mean players should be discriminated against for spending their own money on it.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

It's about the gear. you can get the valor with bronze, people try for gold.. cuz gear.
    Prestige. Easiest way to show that prestige is through the gear. But it isn't the gear they are showing off. Its the "I can do challenge mode golds" they are showing off.

There is no prestige in a bought hat. People are wearing them because they like the looks or to troll all the butt-hurt students/unemployed/anyone else for whome $15 is a noticable amount of money.

IMHO All 3 of the hats look garbage. But then I'm a paladin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzule View Post
    That is not the same thing at all. I do not encourage bad and and corrupt business practices by acquiring and ingame title, do i?
    You also don't discourage them by kicking.

I really like how people seem to think they're now REAL ACTIVISTS, STICKING IT UP TO THE MAN, NOT STANDING DOWN WHEN IT MATTERS, BROTHERS WE WILL SHOW THEM etc etc when all they do is be jerks to random people who liked to spend money on a thing they liked, while continuing to give Blizzard their monthly 15 bucks and thinking they are now anti-greed incarnate.

= _ =

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post

IMHO All 3 of the hats look garbage. But then I'm a paladin.
    Yeah they're all pretty terribly ugly. You'd figure they would at least put something decent looking on the shop.

Except the fact that it is cosmetic is entirely why it doesn't matter in the slightest. The only "charade" is that people like yourself think you are some major reformer championing the rights of the consumer by being a goddamn bully to people who have done something that doesn't affect people like yourself whatsoever.

All it does is make people like me who doesn't care either way hate your side.
    It affects everyone, even the people who don't want it, because eventually everyone will see something they do want. The prices don't appropriately reflect the merchandise, which is a popular opinion. So when you finally do want something, you'll have to pay more than you should, but really we shouldn't have to pay at all. It should be obtainable in the game, because we already give them enough of our money. Only a minority can afford to throw away money on this shit, and they drag everyone else down because of it, so fuck them. Call it what you will, jealously or whatever, it doesn't matter.

Definitely going to start initiating votes in my next LFD and LFR!

It affects everyone, even the people who don't want it, because eventually everyone will see something they do want. The prices don't appropriately reflect the merchandise, which is a popular opinion. So when you finally do want something, you'll have to pay more than you should, but really we shouldn't have to pay at all.
    Uhhh...where is this happening?

It should be obtainable in the game, because we already give them enough of our money. Only a minority can afford to throw away money on this shit, and they drag everyone else down because of it, so fuck them. Call it what you will, jealously or whatever, it doesn't matter.
    How exactly are you being dragged down? Because your helm doesn't look like one of the three ugly ones? Please inform me how these players are better equipped with playing the game than you. Until you can, then your argument that cosmetic shit affects you is an absolute joke.

I do love the slippery slope arguments here though. At the very least you acknowledge your pettiness.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-07-20 at 10:11 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    So the people who are too poor are going to be jealous? They are worried about the petty $15 sub fee having micro transactions added to the game is freaking hilarious. Get a job.
    On any discussion on store items, a comment like yours is always there. You really don't understand why people are annoyed.

Yeah they're all pretty terribly ugly. You'd figure they would at least put something decent looking on the shop.
    Well they made a hat for DKs, Fire mages, and Locks.

I'm sure if these are a success they will make some for all the other classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    Definitely going to start initiating votes in my next LFD and LFR!
    I hope I'm in one of those LFR so I can see if I can get you kicked for starting drama instead of the person with the transmog gear.

Well they made a hat for DKs, Fire mages, and Locks.

I'm sure if these are a success they will make some for all the other classes.
    I main a Warlock and I hate the "Warlock" one. Purple is far more of a Warlock color than dark red imo.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-07-20 at 10:15 AM.

Deleted
    Prestige. Easiest way to show that prestige is through the gear. But it isn't the gear they are showing off. Its the "I can do challenge mode golds" they are showing off.
    More like "I can pay 200$ for a challenge mode boost" - which most of them probably did.

There is still a way for BLizzard to implement transmog items into the game that are in store.... and ALSO have a way to obtain them through gameplay. That would not break the principle of the sub game that Blizzard designed 9 years ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    They deserve it for telling Blizzard that its fine to rip people off with these silly prices. I don't care that its "their money", they are making it worse for everyone long term.

Way to be childish. Its nothing to do with being poor. Its about not willingly bending over and getting ripped off by Blizzard for a few pixels.
    exactly, people have the right to buy these stuff and use them. but those who oppose Blizzard's move also have the right to sound their opposition. I agree that it is an childish move but it's also another way to voice your opposition to Blizzard. Because whomever buys these gear also encourages Blizzard to expand this cash-shop, which was greedy to begin with.

Deleted
    I honestly don't get all this commotion over a few cosmetic items. Ah well..