Page 76 of 124 FirstFirst ...
26
66
74
75
76
77
78
86
... LastLast
  1. #1501
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    already gave 2 away.

    Nice, nice.



    Now, just to go with the mentality of the people who support the kicking of people who wear these helmets.



    "This will teach these moneyless types-ah who do not want to wear helmets!"
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  2. #1502
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Primus View Post
    simply because i love it the way it is and gonna fight to keep it like this.
    By ruining it for others?

    People like you are what's wrong with the community in this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  3. #1503
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    already gave 2 away.
    Thank you so much :P

    Now time to make people mad just like my signature name wear this shit all day and watch others foam

    LES DO THIS

  4. #1504
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    They deserve it for telling Blizzard that its fine to rip people off with these silly prices. I don't care that its "their money", they are making it worse for everyone long term.



    Way to be childish. Its nothing to do with being poor. Its about not willingly bending over and getting ripped off by Blizzard for a few pixels.
    What a childish way to rob people off their freedom to choose who they want to support for themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

  5. #1505
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    14,732
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    the blues on EU forums are just CMs, basically mods. no Devs post on the EU forums sadly. they might read them, but it would be nice if some of the devs posted on it.
    I understand, that a dev post would give a different impression. Yet they still read them though
    And if you read what I wrote initially, it isn't really relevant whether a dev responds or not.
    I suggested a well worded and polite feedback in the official forums as mature response. I suggested that such response has more chance to influence other players to refrain from buying, than vote kicking players and what not in the game. Grieving those who already purchased wouldn't do a thing either. Their transaction is complete.
    And no one would give a damn about it who hasn't bought just yet.
    The sparkle pony was controversial as well, on day one... Lot's of hatred seen everywhere. And yet, still people who felt like it still bought it.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

  6. #1506
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,960
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    What kind of non-childish/petty protest would you suggest then?
    Don't buy the helmet/unsub while explaining in the reason box why you think transmog helmets for real money is an incredibly bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  7. #1507
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Just heard that quite a few ppl have now been kicked out of both LFRs and LFGs for wearing the Blizzard store helmets they bought for 15$. What do you guys think of that ?

    All I can say about it is that I can well understand ppl for doing that. There are some very heated discussions going on and I think Blizzard just went totally overboard in implementing these items, their pricing and the fact that most players are now realising that in game micro transaction is soon to follow.

    Right now I think there is a big majority of players that do not like WOW to have this ingame store on top of subscription. So Blizzard forcing these items in without actually having laid the ground for it - just backfired badly.

    Personally - I think it can only be a good thing to see players flex their power in game like this. It will hopefully get the developers and the corporate minds actually thinking about the players before they decide to create a new business model for a game .... without even asking the players what they thought of it.

    Edit. Adding a link to gamebreaker.tv where they talk about one such incident and the general effect that the helms and the talk of ingame store are having in the community.

    http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game...legendary-135/
    You think it's ok to kick ppl from a group just because those kicked had something that the kickers didn't have? That's as pathetic as killing your neighbour because he has that awesome home-theater that you can't afford.

  8. #1508
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    People like you are what's wrong with the community in this game.
    Community with major corporation apogolists..
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRet

    "This server shutdown was so epic not even Illidan was prepared for it"

  9. #1509
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    14,732
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    You want a system to differentiate a VK based on an accidental ninjapull versus a grieving one? How would such a thing even work without being free of problems in itself? Current VK is okay except the stupid immunity thing and perhaps the number of votes needed for a kick. If the majority want to kick someone out for wearing a fancy dress helm so be it, and to be honest think yourself lucky you wont have to be in their company any longer.
    I frankly don't care what other people put as looks on their toons. That's extremely immature..
    And for the griefers, I didn't provide a solution, because I don't have one.
    The other examples however would be an improvement. I also never said VK SHOULD be removed. I Just said it could be removed IF.. Quite a difference
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

  10. #1510
    I'm gonna start kicking Death Knights from my LFR group. That will show Blizzard and they will have to take them out the game. Then I'm going to start on those hunters. Soon we will have a WoW without stupid cash shops and DKs and hunters. Long live VKing!!!!!

  11. #1511
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    I'm glad that people are doing this, maybe it will make less people buy the items and will make sure Blizzard doesn't repeat their mistake again.
    It's only your opinion that it was a "mistake". For many, many others it isn't.

    Again, having your own moral integrity is fine. Imposing your personal morals on others or penalizing them for minor differences in opinion isn't.

  12. #1512
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    It's only your opinion that it was a "mistake". For many, many others it isn't.

    Again, having your own moral integrity is fine. Imposing your personal morals on others or penalizing them for minor differences in opinion isn't.
    This guy sealed off the deal. Thread can end now.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

  13. #1513
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I frankly don't care what other people put as looks on their toons. That's extremely immature..
    And for the griefers, I didn't provide a solution, because I don't have one.
    The other examples however would be an improvement. I also never said VK SHOULD be removed. I Just said it could be removed IF.. Quite a difference
    Totally unrelated to anything in your text: your signature, you should tell that to El Zorro.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

  14. #1514
    Its complete douchebag behaviour. How is kicking people from Raid for wearing the items going to stop Blizzard selling them? its not.

    You 12 year old angry kids need to be dumped on an island somewhere. I'll even throw in a conche for free.

  15. #1515
    altho i like the idea of making yourself heard by doing something like this I don't think it is fair for the people who bought the helms.

  16. #1516
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Oh shut the fuck up.
    ^ case in point.

  17. #1517
    Herald of the Titans serenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berkshire - South England
    Posts
    2,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    By ruining it for others?

    People like you are what's wrong with the community in this game.
    sadly, they are usually the same people complaining the wow community sucks or LFR are not social enough. when they are really the problem.
    dragonmaw - EU

  18. #1518
    I just witnessed someone getting kicked for having a store helm in LFR yesterday, it's pretty sad.

  19. #1519
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Why? Should subscriber not have the right to play with ppl that do not pay extra for ingame items ? If they choose so .. whats wrong with that ?
    No, No you don't actually have that right

  20. #1520
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerbait View Post
    Well put, and as blizzard states with threads of people getting kicked, people agreed to kick. If players don't voice their concerns over things like this, they'll never change. Soon enough Blizzard will be like every Facebook game out there, pay more to get further. It may just be cosmetic now, but these greedy game companies just get greedier. Just wait, next time they announce more subscription losses, they'll also announce a buy gold service, real money Heirlooms and anything else they can exploit.
    Very well put.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •