Page 84 of 124 FirstFirst ...
34
74
82
83
84
85
86
94
... LastLast
  1. #1661
    Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    There are students on limited budget/pocket money, there are people looking for a job and cannot find in a country barely recovering from an economic crisis, there are people who do not appreciate for-sale-items in an MMO as a matter of principle. Perhaps you should get a brain,
    this has been said many times. some other person will come into these threads and say people are upset/resent it because they are "poor". there is no other possible reason. they can't have money and be against this. no freaking way. it is because you are jealous and cannot afford to buy it. if you can afford to buy it and still don't, then something is wrong with you!

  2. #1662
    Epic! Iceleaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Santa Destroy
    Posts
    1,567
    Bit funny change in attitudes

    DK tank needs agility gear (ring/neck etc) and theres only one actual agility user in the group. Agility user complains about the system in forums:
    "Lol, if the DK can need item then he is allowed to do so. You are not entitled for the loot its not "yours". System allows it so its not "yours". Try again and run the dungeon with friends"

    Priest goes to LFR and gets kicked for having hit rating on gear. Goes to forums saying "I got kicked for not having full healer gear! I got few hit rating gear until I get better gear..I main Spriest":
    "Guess what, you are not entitled for full run in LFR - you can be kicked anytime for any reason. If the group things your gear sucks and doesnt want you healing for whatever reason, they can kick you. The system allows it. Try again, buy some items from AH or something"

    "I got kicked for...":
    "Not entitled. Too bad. System allows it. Try again hour later."

    Person gets kicked for having transmog hat from blizzard store:
    "Wow thats disgusting abuse of mechanics. Jerks do this, it shouldnt be allowed. They should add some automatic thing where you type "has helmet" then the vote kicker gets kicked instead! This is stupid. Blizz please fix voting"

    Attitudes change when it effects you doesn't it?
    "when women wear makeup they’re basically lying to us"
    Well, I don’t see why women are being blamed if man is stupid enough to really think they have red and gold eyelids.

  3. #1663
    Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    No it doesn't, it's just the knowledge that blizzard would probably wipe their ass with my letter, rip off the stamps to reuse them themselves, and use the envelope to roll themselves a joint.

    They ignore us on the forums, where replying is free and easy, you think they'd actually take time to respond to our letters?
    Well firstly, they don't ignore you on the forums. The heaps of replies that show up on the dev tracker attest to that. Second, companies tend to pay more attention to letters as opposed to forum posts because they require more of an effort. Whether or not that applies to Blizzard is debatable, but the fact remains that masses of whiny anonymous comments do not hold a candle to a personal, well-written physical letter.

    Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    I'm not losing anything, no one kicks me out of raids or dungeons since I don't buy this shit, but please, feel free to try and make me feel bad for not wasting my money on cosmetic shit like mounts and helms.
    Nobody is trying to make you feel bad for not buying them. Nobody cares if you don't. Kicking people from raids/groups because they made different decisions with their money, however, is shameful and people who do so should feel ashamed.

    Also, if you think this behavior--if it is even as prevalent as the posts here would make it seem--does not end up in a loss for you then you haven't thought far enough ahead. You only make yourself look like an asshole when you do this and it does not, despite what some may believe, mean Blizzard will be forced to take the store down (nor will it discourage people from buying them, really). What is more likely to happen, however, is that you'll either be banned for a period of time for abusing the system or the VK will be removed entirely until it can be reworked to compensate for this new idiocy.

  4. #1664
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Wait... when did they put an in-game store in wow?

    http://venturebeat.com/2013/07/08/ac...the-publisher/

    http://www.gamebreaker.tv/game-indus...sion-blizzard/



    "Vivendi will gain the power to forcibly extract cash dividends from Activision Blizzard as of Tuesday, and may issue a “cash grab” which could bring the publisher to a net debt of over $400 million.” - Steve Bogos"
    Last edited by coldrain; 2013-07-20 at 01:58 PM.

  5. #1665
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    I think it's a legit form of protest. Petty perhaps, but legit nonetheless.
    Agree with this.

  6. #1666
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,352
    Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    People quit cataclysm for the same reason they've been quitting pandaria for the past 2 quarters, not even a year after the game got released: wow gets boring after the initial leveling, it all comes back down to grinding raid gear or PVP. You don't quit because dungeons aren't challenging enough or too challenging, once you get your epics from there you don't need to go back anyway, you quit because there's nothing to do besides PVP and fighting the same bosses over and over and over.
    I know what Blizzard has stated to their shareholders, which is that a lot of players struggled with the Cataclysm HCs and they left because there were no alternatives.

    As for boredom, Blizzard is currently pushing out content faster than ever before. Contrary to popular belief, Blizzard actually does what the playerbase needs. The problem is that the vocal part of the community seem to forget at times that they are in the vast minority compared to the overall number of people playing the game.

  7. #1667
    I wouldn't kick someone with the store xmogs on, but I will tell them this: You are supporting blizzard to rip you off further with cashing out $15 for something as useless as helm. MMOs with sub model are not suppose to sell you crap like for REAL $$$. Either drop the sub or make those xmogs free, but players like you are encouraging blizzard to gang bang you even more. This is just sad.

  8. #1668
    I'm guessing the fact that EVERYTHING on the store is optional while subs are required hasnt been brought up.. You could never in your right mind switch the two. I'm betting that most people who want the item will get it quickly after it comes out, and then the revenue from the item drastically goes down. From a business stand point you could never replace Subs with this system, so i dont know why its even being mentioned.

    The worst thing is that everyone is acting like they are psychic morally adept people who know everything. I can tell you its highly unrealistic to think there are some executives in the giant blizzard mountain of doom stuffing money into their pockets after this. The fact is the big corporate people you are paranoid about are going to get their big bucks either way without this store. Extra revenue would likely go to funding their active projects, getting advertising , or hiring additional employees.

    And i'd like to emphasis the last one. Every single player in the game at one point is disappointed by something that takes time. Whether its a lack of class quests, a lack of focus on lore characters, or more unique item models. And blizzard reps have staunchly reported that they have specific teams that work independently (not a mass swarm of employees that they can send anywhere they want), and dont hire people willy nilly. Only good people. A more likely scenario is that this revenue will go into hardware upgrades and additional employees or training, in order to make the game better and more fun, in order to get more players to play the game and stick with the game...in order to get more money.

    Yes they are a business and they want to make money. But stuff like this isnt adding 20k to some executive's check. He might one day get that raise if he goes another few years of success. The company is not stupid and they know that all they have to do to keep people and get more people is making the game fun. And this is one such way. Further more, their employees know that people like those that have so spoken against this new feature in this topic are not going to budge and their minds cant be changed.
    Meaning their opinions are basically worthless and wont be taken into account. If they cant do anything about it then they cant do anything about it. Its obvious that they want to put this feature in. They did, and it will most likely get bigger. In what way, we dont know.

    Either way, harassing players is going to do nothing but make people unhappy. People who dont deserve it, even if they are having fun the "wrong way"
    Last edited by tristannarutofan; 2013-07-20 at 01:54 PM.

  9. #1669
    The Lightbringer Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Standing in the Fire, as always.
    Posts
    3,877
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Wait... when did they put an in-game store in wow?
    Uh not too long ago... welp, someone is late to the party...

  10. #1670
    Quote Originally Posted by shoja View Post
    I wouldn't kick someone with the store xmogs on, but I will tell them this: You are supporting blizzard to rip you off further with cashing out $15 for something as useless as helm. MMOs with sub model are not suppose to sell you crap like for REAL $$$. Either drop the sub or make those xmogs free, but players like you are encouraging blizzard to gang bang you even more. This is just sad.
    I assume you dont buy clothes, candy, watch movies, television or play video games or eat processed foods either? Cus all of those companies are screwing you out of money for stuff you could get for free or alot cheaper elsewhere.

  11. #1671
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    I'm guessing the fact that EVERYTHING on the store is optional while subs are required. You could never in your right mind switch the two. I'm betting that most people who want the item will get it quickly after it comes out, and then the revenue from the item drastically goes down. From a business stand point you could never replace Subs with this system, so i dont know why its even being mentioned.

    The worst thing is that everyone is acting like they are psychic morally adept people who know everything. I can tell you its highly unrealistic to think there are some executives in the giant blizzard mountain of doom stuffing money into their pockets after this. The fact is the big corporate people you are paranoid about are going to get their big bucks either way without this store. Extra revenue would likely go to funding their active projects, getting advertising , or hiring additional employees.

    And i'd like to emphasis the last one. Every single player in the game at one point is disappointed by something that takes time. Whether its a lack of class quests, a lack of focus on lore characters, or more unique item models. And blizzard reps have staunchly reported that they have specific teams that work independently (not a mass swarm of employees that they can send anywhere they want), and dont hire people willy nilly. Only good people. A more likely scenario is that this revenue will go into hardware upgrades and additional employees or training, in order to make the game better and more fun, in order to get more players to play the game and stick with the game...in order to get more money.

    Yes they are a business and they want to make money. But stuff like this isnt adding 20k to some executive's check. He might one day get that raise if he goes another few years of success. The company is not stupid and they know that all they have to do to keep people and get more people is making the game fun. And this is one such way. Further more, their employees know that people like those that have so spoken against this new feature in this topic are not going to budge and their minds cant be changed.
    Meaning their opinions are basically worthless and wont be taken into account. If they cant do anything about it then they cant do anything about it. Its obvious that they want to put this feature in. They did, and it will most likely get bigger. In what way, we dont know.

    Either way, harassing players is going to do nothing but make people unhappy. People who dont deserve it, even if they are having fun the "wrong way"
    What are you? Corporate defender or something? Well put post, but you don't know a thing about how business or the corporate world works. Me posting here is kind of pathetic. Everyone is drowned in their ego here, and is totally ignoring the real problem. SMH

  12. #1672
    Epic! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    What gives anyone the right to treat someone poorly simply because they opted for a feature you are personally against?
    Actually ? Something called democracy ? You need 5 people to start a votekick in hellFR, then the 19 others have to vote if they agree or not. Simple

    And again votekick someone is not that easy (just watch how much afkers are usually carried threw whole instance). So if a specific raid managed to kick someone they dislike fine for them. Until blizzard restrict votekick for "cosmetic reason" (and that will never happen as you can't prove the votekick reason) the majority of players in hellFR are the law.

    But their is actually no proof that kicking TRH wearer is a trend. And my personal experience say it's bullshit just to vent against the store. (Which I don't care. Bought 2 pets and only for birthday present of 2 awesome IG friends)

  13. #1673
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    this has been said many times. some other person will come into these threads and say people are upset/resent it because they are "poor". there is no other possible reason. they can't have money and be against this. no freaking way. it is because you are jealous and cannot afford to buy it. if you can afford to buy it and still don't, then something is wrong with you!
    Jesus I hope this is sarcasm. People are being kicked because there is a hateful group of people expressing themselves in protest against store bought transmog items. I believe it has very little to do with people being able to afford the helms. If you are so poor that you are butthurt about not being able to buy an in-game sparkly hat, then you need to re-evaluate your life.

    I can afford the hats, I don't want the hats, I agree with protesting against the hats in a civil manner, but kicking people from groups is about like beating up democrats at a republican party. Just unnecessary, there are better ways to voice your opinion.

  14. #1674
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    I assume you dont buy clothes, candy, watch movies, television or play video games or eat processed foods either? Cus all of those companies are screwing you out of money for stuff you could get for free or alot cheaper elsewhere.
    Best comparison ever........ You need to reevaluate your life priorities if you are going to compare a game to REAL life. Are you by any chance living in your parents basement?

  15. #1675
    Quote Originally Posted by T18Z View Post
    I don't really think you can comprehend the other side of the argument.

    In a game that is paid for monthly to be updated we should not have to pay for 'external' items which can be used in-game, it simply leads to blizzard obtaining profits from people who are obsessed with collecting or transmogrification. The correct way to do it is to place those items in-game, and either make them an extremely low drop chance, craftable or obtainable by a specific means which actually is dictated by dedication or time investment within the game.

    Tell me, why shouldn't Blizzard have placed the items in game for free? What is your reasoning for them having a legit reason for making them cost a months subcrition? Inb4 HURR DURR it's a business, shut the hell up with that excuse, do you say that when an insurance company tries to rip you off? It seems you guys WANT to be ripped off, you literally bend over and accept it, it's so pathetic.
    No, I stop paying them and find a better insurance company. Vote kicking players with the helms would be like punishing people using that insurance, while still using that insurance that rips you off. It makes no sense and accomplishes nothing and the company continues to rip you off because you keep paying them. So what is YOUR reasoning for defending that behaviour?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

  16. #1676
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Bit funny change in attitudes

    DK tank needs agility gear (ring/neck etc) and theres only one actual agility user in the group. Agility user complains about the system in forums:
    "Lol, if the DK can need item then he is allowed to do so. You are not entitled for the loot its not "yours". System allows it so its not "yours". Try again and run the dungeon with friends"

    Priest goes to LFR and gets kicked for having hit rating on gear. Goes to forums saying "I got kicked for not having full healer gear! I got few hit rating gear until I get better gear..I main Spriest":
    "Guess what, you are not entitled for full run in LFR - you can be kicked anytime for any reason. If the group things your gear sucks and doesnt want you healing for whatever reason, they can kick you. The system allows it. Try again, buy some items from AH or something"

    "I got kicked for...":
    "Not entitled. Too bad. System allows it. Try again hour later."

    Person gets kicked for having transmog hat from blizzard store:
    "Wow thats disgusting abuse of mechanics. Jerks do this, it shouldnt be allowed. They should add some automatic thing where you type "has helmet" then the vote kicker gets kicked instead! This is stupid. Blizz please fix voting"

    Attitudes change when it effects you doesn't it?
    actually i've only seen reasonable people vote kick afk people or those who are wiping the raid. So no, the attitude doesnt change.

  17. #1677
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    245
    I agree with this attitude, even tho I've never done that. I believe it's not personal against the players, but it's a statement against how expensive WoW has become.

  18. #1678
    Scarab Lord Jevlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where the Monocles live.
    Posts
    4,492
    This seems like a pretty retarded protest in my opinion. These are account bound vanity items, they have no stats and they can't be sold for profit. There is absolutely no advantage in owning one of these items other than looking cool/nice/hip or whatever. Any protest against these vanity items is out of pure jealousy. When(IF) they start to sell patch appropriate items with stats then you have a right to complain and perhaps protest in a form that affects other players. Until then you're just a jealous asshat that ruins the game for others.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  19. #1679
    Quote Originally Posted by shoja View Post
    What are you? Corporate defender or something? Well put post, but you don't know a thing about how business or the corporate world works. Me posting here is kind of pathetic. Everyone is drowned in their ego here, and is totally ignoring the real problem. SMH
    people are attacking players because of some delusion of what blizzard is doing with the money and why they implemented this. its very relevant.

  20. #1680
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    http://venturebeat.com/2013/07/08/ac...the-publisher/

    http://www.gamebreaker.tv/game-indus...sion-blizzard/



    "Vivendi will gain the power to forcibly extract cash dividends from Activision Blizzard as of Tuesday, and may issue a “cash grab” which could bring the publisher to a net debt of over $400 million.” - Steve Bogos"
    Heads-up: that didn't happen.
    Roll the bones!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •