Page 89 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    EVERYONE i know.
    Who cares?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    It is now suddenly a problem when it is going into ingame microtransaction shop. PPL know its coming and will be a matter of fact in Asia in 5.4. There is a big difference in few vanity items here and there (1-2 per year) and putting up a full game microtransaction shop like the F2P games have. That should be a clear sign to remove Subs and do not offend the subscribers with having to pay for login into a sub based game with micro transaction ingame store greeting them each time.

I do not call the collector's edition a micro transaction... Neither do I call any virtual item that is charged same or more than a monthly sub ... to be a "micro" of anything.
    Why is it a problem just because the micro-transactions are now in-game? So it is fine for subscription based games to have micro-transactions as long as they can only be purchased outside of the game? That seems a bit silly since in game or out of game you are still purchasing the same exact type of stuff. Also Blizzard isn't putting up a full game micro-transaction shop like F2P games have.

The only thing they have announced so far is an XP booster for the Asian market which pays subscriptions differently then other markets. That could easily be the only type of item the sell.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I won't believe this is anything other than hysterical BS until I see some actual proof that it's occurred.

In the meantime, it was good for a laugh. I suppose there really may be people out there who are stupid enough to think that this kind of silliness is some sort of "for the people!" statement. Problem is, it has no effective impact and makes no sense whatsoever.

Honestly, I wish the people who object to this stuff would take about 3 seconds and consider an actual effective way to get their point across. The store items don't bug me at all, but I do respect players (anyone, actually) who can find ways to effectively convey that they disagree with a practice.

This ain't it. It's laughable. Makes about as much sense as beating up your next door neighbor because you don't like your city council . Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotzar View Post
    I can push 8k posts in 2 months, if that is what a "valuable" member is about for you.
    Post count doesn't make you a valuable poster, I think the person you quoted,meant more your attitude, we seem to have alot of people with bad attitudes on these boards. Hence why he thought you maybe fit in quite well

It is now suddenly a problem when it is going into ingame microtransaction shop. PPL know its coming and will be a matter of fact in Asia in 5.4. There is a big difference in few vanity items here and there (1-2 per year) and putting up a full game microtransaction shop like the F2P games have. That should be a clear sign to remove Subs and do not offend the subscribers with having to pay for login into a sub based game with micro transaction ingame store greeting them each time.

I do not call the collector's edition a micro transaction... Neither do I call any virtual item that is charged same or more than a monthly sub ... to be a "micro" of anything.
    Asians also got 2 weekly lockouts a year and a half ago. I haven't seen it elsewhere yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ye - alot of kids trying to justify paying 15$ for those helmets.

Comparing the collector's edition and virtual item that you pay 15$ for... Now THAT is kid's logic.
    How is it kids logic to compare two things you pay extra money for and get virtual items from?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Kinda silly if you ask me to kick people for wearing the helms, but to each their own, you can play however you want. People are allowed to buy the helms just as much as you are allowed to kick them out for wearing it. The 'its their money' argument goes both ways I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incredibly relevant:

Good ol' Totalbiscuit. Totally right.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    Comparing the collector's edition and virtual item that you pay 15$ for... Now THAT is kid's logic.
    Personally, I bought the CEs because of the pets. All of them. The Vanilla one during Wrath.
    And let me tell you: The price of the helmets is a joke in comparison.

Oh noes, I wasted my moneyz so terribly!!11

10+ Year Old Account
    91 pages for this "issue"? Wow indeed! Ppl who take in game actions to "teach a lesson" to the ppl who bought in game vanity items are just pathetic. Pathetic, only because they would like these items for free (no real currency) for them as well, and they don't have them for whatever reason!
    What is exactly the point here? To change the mind of ppl who kick in game? That will never happen, even if the thread reaches 5000 pages!
    Pathetic people will always keep being pathetic! You can't change that!
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

Deleted
    If you want the helm, buy the helm. If you don't want it, don't buy it.

If Blizzard started to sell actual gear as opposed to vanity items
    I would be a little miffed but they're not so I don't care. Picking on someone for buying a helmet is unacceptable behaviour and would ruin someone's playing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why is it a problem just because the micro-transactions are now in-game? So it is fine for subscription based games to have micro-transactions as long as they can only be purchased outside of the game? That seems a bit silly since in game or out of game you are still purchasing the same exact type of stuff. Also Blizzard isn't putting up a full game micro-transaction shop like F2P games have.

The only thing they have announced so far is an XP booster for the Asian market which pays subscriptions differently then other markets. That could easily be the only type of item the sell.
    There is a problem having micro transaction inside a subscription based game. Cause that just complicates things that should not be complicated at all. Blizzard is acting like they are making things more simple and ppl dont have to tab out. They still have to tab out to charge their "virtual currency" into the game. They STILL have to buy the box + they STILL have to buy the expansions to play the content and they STILL have to pay the sub.

The logic that is is convinient for anyone.... is just a poor excuse.

Why I dont want to see ingame shop? Cause that leads to us having a virtual currency INSIDE the game that is directly connected to real money. That is something I dont want to see in a sub based game.

What is being announced now and the potential things coming doesn't matter. The basic is that with the micro-transaction coming into the game... BLizzard has broken a clear principle that shows that they are ready to break all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really against the cash shop, nor do I disagree with those who are.
    But, kicking people just because of their transmog (shop or otherwise)? That seems a little extreme.
    Wasn't something similar done with the Celestial Steed as well?

It's kind of sad really, in my honest opinion, that this issue is taken to the point where players are ostracizing others based on cosmetic items.
    "What kind of operating system does it use?"
    "It's...uh...Vista!"
    "WE'RE GOING TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    How is it kids logic to compare two things you pay extra money for and get virtual items from?
    Cause one is a virtual thing and one has alot of material things that are really worth the material and the work that was put into it?

Example...

Large, hard-sided slip-out box with fitted fuzzy holder for all the contents.
    The full game on CD-ROM and DVD-ROM.
    "Behind the Scenes" DVD with the game's cut-scenes, 3D concept art, drawings, screen shots, and audio tracks of Blizzard employees discussing in-depth the various elements of the game.
    280-page hardcover coffee table book, The Art of World of Warcraft.
    World of Warcraft Soundtrack CD.
    Cloth gameworld map with metal clasp.
    Exclusive in-game pet for every character. Choice of Zergling, Panda Cub, or Mini Diablo.
    10-days free for a friend (via voucher with special CD-key).
    The game manual.
    Blizzard Store pamphlet!

Vs

Compare the prices maybe and you even see how much of a kid's logic it to compare the actual items.

Imagine The Art of World of Warcraft 280 pages... How long did it take to draw all of those. Is each worth 15$ like single helmet?
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-07-20 at 03:53 PM.

This is lulworthy and i'll be sure to remember this for next time i do lfr.
    Granted i don't care, but this hillarious.

Deleted
    It looks like Blizzard have opened yet another can of worms...

What people need to realise is that this is only the begining... its 3 helms today, and tomorrow its ???

There WILL be many more items in this store, and its only a matter if time before items whcih effect gameplay are introduced. The EXP potion/elixir which was datamined proved this fact. And ofc Blizzard had to make a public statement about that potion/elixir.

Players trying to make a stand against this cash-shop ingame are not against 3 helms, theyre against the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    I dont know. People here are against me for supporting this yet everyone i know IRL is hating the people who buys from the in-gamestore and supports the people kicking them out for it. EVERYONE i know.
    Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal. I also know all of my RL friends think it's retarded to kick people over it, no matter whether they think the store is a scam or not. So I guess that puts us at a tie.

- - - Updated - - -

If the helmets would be in the game normally (maybe some rare NPC or whatever) I would be totally fine with it, I would even farm them I guess! It's not against the people who have the helmets (and trust me I could buy all 3 several times without even bothering) it's against Blizzards new ideas.
    The problem is that the problem this thread is about is against the people buying them.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    It looks like Blizzard have opened yet another can of worms...

What people need to realise is that this is only the begining... its 3 helms today, and tomorrow its ???

There WILL be many more items in this store, and its only a matter if time before items whcih effect gameplay are introduced. The EXP potion/elixir which was datamined proved this fact. And ofc Blizzard had to make a public statement about that potion/elixir.

Players trying to make a stand against this cash-shop ingame are not against 3 helms, theyre against the bigger picture.
    Don't give a F if your trying to do something this isn't how you fucking protest by hurting others who've done nothing. If you actually wanted to make some sort of change you do it in a proper fucking manner not kick the person because your trying to make them regret the comestic vanity shit they do. You really think there going to cancel this stuff? What about the shitty mounts? There not going to remove something it if it makes money. You know what will this do?

Modify the fucking kick tool and you know what will that do? Getting rid of afkers / Douchebags is going to be harder simply because OH LOLOL HE HAS A FANBOY HELM lets kick him bout the afk person whos not doing a god dam thing in LFR gets to stay

Use Logic

Beyond ridiculous at this point I'm like a fucking parrot repeating this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    Don't give a F if your trying to do something this isn't how you fucking protest by hurting others who've done nothing.
    idk seems to work for the people of Oakland assaulting people who have probably never been to Sanford

If the helmets would be in the game normally (maybe some rare NPC or whatever) I would be totally fine with it, I would even farm them I guess! It's not against the people who have the helmets (and trust me I could buy all 3 several times without even bothering) it's against Blizzards new ideas.
    These ideas aren't new at all though.

Ye - alot of kids trying to justify paying 15$ for those helmets.

You pay extra for goodies that can't be obtained otherwise. How is that different from paying extra for goodies that can't be obtained otherwise?