Page 93 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The awesome thing is that Blizzard can simply ban the small minority who's doing it with it having no effect on their bottomline at all. Why should they cave in to the 6-year olds who suddenly have gotten into their head that they can terrorize Blizzard to do whatever the fuck they want?
    Aka modify the kick tool

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    I went to sleep yesterday when this was at 42 pages...so...sorry if I didn't readed you.

And yes, it's good, if there wasn't deluxe edition only the people that buyed the collector's edition would have the mount and pet, if the collector's edition was UNLIMITED then yes, it would be shit too, but we are talking about a LIMITED product, so the deluxe edition is actually a good way to get those things if you wasn't able to get your hands on one of the LIMITED collector's edition.

And one more time, the mount and pet from the collector's edition comes with all the things in the phisical version, they are not made specifically to be sold alone, the deluxe edition as I said is a convenience thing.

No problem for not keeping up. It happens.

However, it really is the same.

Blizzard Store: You pay 10-25 euro on vanity/etc (depending on what you buy)

Digital Deluxe: You pay 15 extra on top of your expansion to get a mount and a pet.

In both cases, you pay extra for somethign that should.. in your opinion have been available in-game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The thread for a free helm from MMO-Champion got more responses in less time. Going by your logic Blizzard would see that the helms are acceptable by a far larger group of players then those who complained in this thread.
    People will always jump at the opportunity to get something for free like vultures, no matter what. Greed is eternal.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    False. Next argument, please.
    Proof it if you wanna argue it. Just claiming it's false doesn't make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    You can buy the spectral tiger in game from someone.. usually for around 300k gold... you can´t buy the helms in game for gold.
    You can, in the same way that you can buy any blizzard store or TCG item in game for gold. You just need to find a seller. I don't know about your realm but on mine (stormscale EU) there have been plenty of people offering these for gold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Again - The collector's or deluxe edition's are NOT micro transactions. They are products that you buy and includes certain perks. Buying one virtual helmet on the other hand is a clear cut micro-transaction - even there is nothing micro about the price.
    The digital deluxe versus the normal edition of MoP is a mount and a pet. You are paying $20 more just for virtual items. That is the same as a micro transaction done separately. But why is it acceptable to buy when it is a "perk" then when it is just a micro transaction?

Why are you creating all of these rules to justify virtual items for real world currency in one case and not the other? You get stuff in WoW for buying the MoP digital deluxe edition, just as you get things in WoW for buying a helm, pet, or mount from the blizzard store. What is the difference and why does one cross the line and not the other?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Errrm they are hitting Blizzard with this protest... 100 page thread in 24hours?

Large Internet publicity that ingame protesting against cash-shop is happening right now in Wow.

The protesters r totally hitting Blizzard where it hurts... they know it and u know it. How long can they absorb such large amounts of negative publicity?

If u dont think theres a problem then why have u even bothered to post on this thread?
    You mean the same amount of bad publicity as CRZ? LFR? LFR? Mists of Pandaria as a whole?

You must be off your rocker if you think this will end any differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is too long to read through, but after reading OP all I have to say is:
    EPIC WIN

15+ Year Old Account
    Ye - just because I point out there is a difference between a micro- transaction virtual item that cost 15$ - and a deluxe edition that has nothing to do with micro transaction... but buying a whole expansion... including stuff in all Blizzard games.... ye Must be a troll if I dare to call ppl out on their Kid's logic.
    The digital deluxe version is specifically about buying the mount and pet that comes from the CE edition. That is the only thing you get over the normal version.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The awesome thing is that Blizzard can simply ban the small minority who's doing it with it having no effect on their bottomline at all. Why should they cave in to the 6-year olds who suddenly have gotten into their head that they can terrorize Blizzard to do whatever the fuck they want?
    More kid's logic acting like 6 year old kids are playing the game. If you want to have debate then stick to facts. 6 year olds are not allowed to play WOW. If you claim they act like they are 6 year old.. Thats your opinion... not facts.

Deleted
    On mmo-champion, of a vocal minority, of an even smaller minority of forum goers. Blizzard is literally unaffected by how much smoke you blow on a forum. Do you think they have sirens going off in Irvine to alert them to yet another complaint fest on a forum? How long have you been using the internet because you don't seem to understand exactly what goes down on my fan site forums.

The thread for a free helm from MMO-Champion got more responses in less time. Going by your logic Blizzard would see that the helms are acceptable by a far larger group of players then those who complained in this thread.

Errrm im not a protester. So u have shown loud and clear that u havent read anything ive written.

Im sitting back and studying this objectively and fairly. I havent taken sides.

I am merely trying to explain to the ignorant how protesting works, i dont see this issue as a surprise at all. This Cash-shop is an EXTREMELY controversial addition to the game. And obviously there is a section of the players who are so totally against it that theyre doing all they can to make their disapproval heard.

Web store.. 1 -2 items per year. We see plans of having it ingame store with virtual ingame currency connected to real money.... and with much more variety of items like just the helmets go to show on top of other things that have been talked about. That includes direct boosts and buying endgame tokens that give you higher chance of getting the very best items ingame.
    I dont see how it really makes much of a difference whether you buy a cosmetic item in game or on the web. I remember seeing something about a possible XP boost for certain regions. A little irritating but doesnt really bother me to much since leveling is stupid easy and fast these days. I havent seen anything about buying endgame tokens that give you a higher chance gear though. For me that would be stepping over the line since then spending money gets you an advantage.

Errrm they are hitting Blizzard with this protest... 100 page thread in 24hours?

Large Internet publicity that ingame protesting against cash-shop is happening right now in Wow.

The protesters r totally hitting Blizzard where it hurts... they know it and u know it. How long can they absorb such large amounts of negative publicity?

If u dont think theres a problem then why have u even bothered to post on this thread?
    Except they're not. If you really want to hurt Blizzard where it hurts, you unsubscribe. This little joke of a protest does absolutely nothing. I've seen way worse "protests" about other things (like LFR) and they've failed miserably.

And yes, there IS a problem. The problem is fools kicking people from groups for having helms, thus ruining the gaming experience of other players, proving that the community is shit, while doing absolutely nothing to Blizzard. If Cataclysm didn't kill WoW, a few stupid helmets aren't going to.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    Except they're not. If you really want to hurt Blizzard where it hurts, you unsubscribe. This little joke of a protest does absolutely nothing. I've seen way worse "protests" about other things (like LFR) and they've failed miserably.
    Cool.

So why are u getting so angry about it and ranting on this thread?

This is really a thing? Wow. Those items have NO effect on you whatsoever. Kicking people from a raid because they have them is like "occupying" McDonald's because it gives people who by a specific "meal deal" an Apple pie for half price.

And the notion that Blizzard is "evil" because they're trying to pad their profit margin in a volatile economy and rising costs of operations is beyond ridiculous. Maybe they should just increase the subscription cost across the board with no in-game items to show for it. See how you like that, eh?

Well... I dont look at it as a personal attack on a person that is kicked from LFR or LFG. I think everyone knows that its done because of the business practice of the company that sold them.
    You are kicking a person, therefore it is a personal attack. You've disproved your own weak logic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Errrm im not a protester. So u have shown loud and clear that u havent read anything ive written.
    Nothing you quoted indicated you were a protester. The only thing I indicated about you was your lack of knowledge of how the internet works because people bitch on the internet because they can and often just because they can.

The digital deluxe version is specifically about buying the mount and pet that comes from the CE edition. That is the only thing you get over the normal version.
    No - you get stuff for other games as well. And AGAIN. Its not micro transactions. Its buying a whole expansion. And THATS exactly the difference here.

WOW can not launch new expansions every 1 month. We know that. So if we only see those items coming as Deluxe stuff... it will happen every 2 years.

Thats NOT the case in a micro-transaction game. You see new items more often and hence the game is affected much more than it was for adding 1 or 2 items every two years.

Again - this is very simple logic and not very complicated. Acting like collector's edition perks or Deluxe edition is same as micro-transaction is ... just bullshit to put it mildly.

Ingame micro transaction per item is NOT same as collector's or deluxe edition things. Its not complicated to understand.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-07-20 at 04:47 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhina View Post
    You are kicking a person, therefore it is a personal attack. You've disproved your own weak logic.
    Kicking the person because the person has a vanity item lets add that as well is such a valid reason you know I mean really.

SUCH A GOOD REASON

-.-

Cool.

So why are u getting so angry about it and ranting on this thread?
    Did you not read the 2nd part of what I wrote?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?