Page 23 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I have given up, this the way they want to run the game then so be it.

Hope for the best I suppose, that the game doesn't implode like Diablo 3 and its RMAH.

On the bright side, it increases the possibility of player housing. The opportunity to sell furnishings on the store is way too good for them to pass up IMHO.

This is great. These people need to be shunned for supporting bad business. Positive reinforcement will only lead to more exploitation by Blizz through their un-necessary cash shop. Both the cash shop and these players need to be boycotted and shown we will not support this garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ld-of-Warcraft

Funny how things change... Hypocritical blizzard liars.
    How shocking that markets and trends can change over the course of half a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    You can speak for all of Asia? That's quite impressive.
    Ah that old chestnut of "I''ll call you out because you worded something poorly in order to try and gain some credence to my heap of shit argument"

Fine, a large majority of the asian region players are fine with this, especially those where there playtime levels are restricted.

Even more so in areas where the amount of playtime purchased in a certain time-frame is restricted, it does nothing but improve the game for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Oh? And what, pray tell, are they turning the game into? The same thing it's been since 2007? Why, yes. Yes, I believe they've done that.

No, the reason people are doing this is because they are being twits. There is no other logical explanation because there is no LOGIC behind such actions. Plain and simple, they're just being petty and bigoted. This is the equivalent of kicking someone out of your study group because they bought an expensive pair of jeans.

People are going overboard the same way they did with the monk, the mount, and now this. "This clearly means Blizzard will start selling gear and legendaries and tier sets and arena titles and blah blah blah"...in the words of Mike Ditka, STOP IT! This doesn't mean they're going to sell actual progression items. Pretty much every game on the planet now sells cosmetic items, from sub based to F2P to pay to play. Call of Duty sells crap like this. Do you kick people from your CoD team for it?

C;mon, man. There's zero, and I do mean ZERO justification for this kind of behavior. It is, in every definition of the word, harassment. Once people start getting their accounts suspended for this, then let's see who's laughing in the end.
    Doubt ppl will be banned for kicking a person. If that happens alot then the ppl that have those hats can just transmog them out if they dont want to be kicked. Just like those ppl that go AFK can actually stay ... so they are not kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ..which..according to people in the know "hint, hint..MMO C posters" they make back in three months. Chum change...
    yeah but if all their reserves are gone they need to build them back up.

its one thing to be out of debt. but even if you are out of debt if you have no reserves you have no safety net if things go bad
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    I do not understand how people seem to think Blizzard is Broke and hard up for money. They have reported Record profits for a while now.
    Are you saying I think Blizzard is "Broke and hard up for money"?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    I agree that vote kicking people isn't the best way to get the message across.

However, I'm willing to bet that the people content with paying more for these items, would be a lot more content getting the items by playing the game. Such as doing DMF stuff for prize tickets to buy the helms, or using Justice Points to buy costume items. Would you not agree?
    Nope. I have an abundance of $, but not time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    In 2007 Blizzard was worth 7 Billion. I am sure they are worth a lot more now
    Revenue $ 4.856 billion (2012)

Operating income $ 1.328 billion (2012)

Net income $ 1.149 billion (2012)

Total assets $ 14.200 billion (2012)

Total equity $ 11.49 billion(2012)

http://investor.activision.com/secfi...506&CIK=718877

The instant that a micro transaction gives even 1 extra DPS, HPS, or EHP, I will be the first person to get out a pitchfork and condemn Blizzard. I don't have a problem with the helm microtransactions AT ALL. It's fucking cosmetic; get over it and don't kick people from your raids over nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Well- if only you could understand what ppl are saying over there...

They are asking for the game to go F2P ... or make the leveling experience more fun. Blizzard made up the story that they wanted 100% EXP boost.

I can understand what people in the asia region are saying, instead of being a pillock and cherry-picking parts of posts to reply to actually read the posts themselves instead of being a window licker.

i have explained several times, why the micro-transactions work in the asia region why people want them and why the wont come to western servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no you are exchanging goods. they are still getting a product. if someone decides they dont want the pet they can then sell the pet.

it would only be buying gold if all you got was gold.
    tomato tomato

The new Guardian Cub, the pet you can buy with real-world currency and exchange for in-game gold.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/11/03/gu...ty-gold-sales/

Wow, does that really happen? I don't use the word pathetic often, but here it really is appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    This is great. These people need to be shunned for supporting bad business. Positive reinforcement will only lead to more exploitation by Blizz through their un-necessary cash shop. Both the cash shop and these players need to be boycotted and shown we will not support this garbage.
    And yet you continue to support Blizzard by paying your subscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    February 2008. 5 years ago. Could it be..like..Blizzard isn't clairvoyant and the gaming world changes. Hell...they predicted when WoW came out 800 000 subs would be an insane success.
    I just posted info from 2012

Revenue $ 4.856 billion (2012)

Operating income $ 1.328 billion (2012)

Net income $ 1.149 billion (2012)

Total assets $ 14.200 billion (2012)

Total equity $ 11.49 billion(2012)
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-07-20 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    I like how people throw around "bad business" and "exploitation", meanwhile Blizzard is happy with my $15 and I'm happy with my Fire Horns. Seems like a pretty sound transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if vivendi forces them to take back their stocks they will be 400 million in debt
    They'll be closer to $5 billion in debt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen people kicked from 5 mans and LFR for numerous things over the years, some deserved and others that make you wonder WTF people are smoking.

Priest healer got kicked from a 5man because she had a vanity pet out. One available to Horde only unless you use the neutral AH to buy it.
    Warrior kicked from LFR because he had his 2H sword mogged to look like the PVP one.
    Warlock kicked from a 5 man for using lifetap, but was self healing and never asked for a heal.
    Hunter kicked from a 5man for kiting a mob to death that the tank died to. Tank wanted us to wipe instead of making him wait.

I got kicked from a 5 man on my Mage because i wasn't sheeping mobs. Now this was one of those instances where the mobs were completely immune to polymorph so i couldn't sheep at all. Linked poly in chat, got called a noob and was kicked. Best of all it was some cunt from my realm who had the nerve to start on me in trade after the run. His GM was on an alt at the time and saw him acting like a total fuckwad, so he got on his main, kicked him out of the guild and apologized to me IN TRADE where everyone could see.

Some people are just fuckwits who like to have a modicum of power over others because of their own short comings, be it IRL or in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Wow, does that really happen? I don't use the word pathetic often, but here it really is appropriate.
    Doubt it. The only person who claims to have seen it happen is a level 15 Warlock in the EU who has never made a post on the forums before. Yeah, that sounds legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... this is certainly a new level of low. I'm completely fine with people not having a love for the helmets, but to take it to such an extent...
    Besides, 15 bucks is not a whole lot of money. You'd be more likely spend that on something even more worthless, like a pizza and something to drink along with it. I'd rather have some pixels to stare at than some expensive consumable which disappear in a matter of hours.
    "It is fortunate
    to be favored
    with praise and popularity.
    It is dire luck
    to be dependent
    on the feelings of your fellow man."