Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigeri View Post
    I'm just wondering why did people get so upset of blizzard to sell cosmetic items to those who really want them? How's that ripping off? Are those whiners maybe just poor, or underaged thus not have the possibility to buy these items? Or maybe it's a kind of fashion trend to whine about corporations making profit? The fuck really? If you don't like the helmets, don't want to buy them, that's just fine. It's a choice the buyers make, they want the helms for their reasons. You insist that YOU may have YOUR opinions that the helmets for cash is bad, but you do not tolerate the opinions of those who like that choice and the new helmets they really wanted? That's absolutely ridiculous and self-centered, close to making me feel ashamed to be a part of this world (along with all the other stupidities humankind has created and committed).

Short story: If you don't like the cash shop and/or the cosmetic helmets, that's fine. You can express that opinion in a proper manner, but kicking people or just harassing them in-game is stupid. Don't be an idiot.
    Think the reasonings are that once the public generally accepts the concept of a store where cosmetic gear can be bought, that blizzard would slowly shift their development of the game to accommodate store sales. What once would had been just added to the game and obtainable in normal ways, they could just add it outside or even shift some issues to premium store goods (for example the lesser charms, xp flask). Why balance it directly in-game (by increasing lesser charm drops, or reducing the amount even further, why not add such a flask also as a heirloom) while you can just put it in the store? In the case of the xp flask: while it is in the game why hunt and camp for a rare with low drop chance if you can just use a credit-card? Another example is the declining quality and/or uniqueness of the mount drops in raids comparing WOTLK and the expansions thereafter since the store shop. By directly buying the items in the store they see this as a support, a greenlight for blizzard to slowly shift their way into micro-transactions: no longer would micro transactions be build around the game, but the game be developed/build around micro transactions. There is absolutely no guaranty that the profit will be partially used for improved content development, if at all. It will be used to please share-holders especially after Vivendi failed to sell Acti-Bliz (which was stated in a news press that they are looking for other ways to...compensate the loss)

This leads to the next part then, why would someone care if someone buys /approves the in-game cash shop, it would not affect them in any way. Well, if people invested so much time already that an emotional bond is formed (and with that I mean years) and see that the developer is shifting the game towards a direction that would ruin all that, of course they would see any supporting that shift as an affront to their enjoyment of the game. They would take any actions even if it means denying others of their enjoyment. Is it petty or bad taste? That depends on the eye of the beholder and/or the majority what is deemed acceptable as with all things in life. In case of those vote-kicks apparently the majority voted yes when the kick went through.

But bet this post gets ignored like other reasonings and the entire topic being reduced to boo-hissing and throwing mud at each other, reducing the arguments to surface level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    There's not much else to do about it once the things are put on the store. But we can very well try and discourage them from putting up more. By prosecuting those who support these shady practices in harmless situations such as lfr.
    Again though like my last post said why do we prosecute these players? If you see someone with a store bought mini pet do you try to kick them? Do other people you know try and kick people with store bought mini pets? When you do LFR and see people mount up do you kick those with blizzard store mounts and do other people you know try? Quite frankly if you and others do NOT kick store pet owners and store mount collectors you are just hypocrites because you can't just pick and choose battles that suit you.

Again, pets and mounts affect ACHIEVEMENTS IN GAME are commonly accepted by the WoW community.
    A helmet transmogrification which has no other matching pieces and doesn't affect achievement points is unacceptable by certain parts of the WoW community.

*waits for logic*

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Why? Should subscriber not have the right to play with ppl that do not pay extra for ingame items ? If they choose so .. whats wrong with that ?
    Because it makes you a major douchenozzel for kicking/banning/ect people who choose to buy a cosmetic item that doesn't affect you in the absolute slightest.

Deleted
    Ok I hate how blizzard tries to sell us some helms for 15$ but going as far as to kick a player for using one... now that shows how freaking rotten is the wow community... If you don't like the direction the game is taking vote with your wallet... don't ruin other ppl's fun.
    To the OP and everyone else agreeing with him - You are jerks :P

Did LFR with some people yesterday with them, none were kicked or talked about during the raid. Real shame when a few jerks got to take things to the extreme and abuse the kick system like this.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Telling Blizzard that you don't like the store obviously isn't enough, or this shit would've stopped in its tracks 3 years ago when it started with the Celestial Steed. They don't care, right? That's why this is genius. If you can't take the fight to Blizzard, take the fight to the people who support them. Fuck, if I was still playing, I'd organize a party with the purpose of neglecting and disregarding all of those players.

Paying for expansions and subscriptions, that should be it. This little charade has gone on long enough.

Oh and by the way, it doesn't matter that they're only cosmetics, this isn't a free-to-play game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xucuroz View Post
    Did LFR with some people yesterday with them, none were kicked or talked about during the raid. Real shame when a few jerks got to take things to the extreme and abuse the kick system like this.
    So far, a lot of people say that it happened, yet none made a screenshot showing that it actually did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    I think it's a legit form of protest. Petty perhaps, but legit nonetheless.
    Yeah what this guy said. I'd like to say I think it's very immature and very unfair to the person who bought the item and got kicked but TBH this would definitely force Blizzard to take the game in better direction if this happened more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeshiro View Post
    Telling Blizzard that you don't like the store obviously isn't enough, or this shit would've stopped in its tracks 3 years ago when it started with the Celestial Steed. They don't care, right? That's why this is genius. If you can't take the fight to Blizzard, take the fight to the people who support them. Fuck, if I was still playing, I'd organize a party with the purpose of neglecting and disregarding all of those players.

Paying for expansions and subscriptions, that should be it. This little charade has gone on long enough.

Oh and by the way, it doesn't matter that they're only cosmetics, this isn't a free-to-play game.
    Except the fact that it is cosmetic is entirely why it doesn't matter in the slightest. The only "charade" is that people like yourself think you are some major reformer championing the rights of the consumer by being a goddamn bully to people who have done something that doesn't affect people like yourself whatsoever.

All it does is make people like me who doesn't care either way hate your side.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    So anyone see someone kicked from LFR for wearing the transmog tonight? Or is this just a bunch of people raging over a troll thread started by an anonymous level 15 Warlock on the EU forums?
    lvl 14 hint

Why should i stand down when a company ruins a game i played since the start?
    I'm not a sheep.

I'm glad people are following my boycott the mission. since they closed my topic in this forum(freedom of speech is not here? ) and in the official EU forums.

I'm doing this because i like the game without the payment options.
    Last edited by rejer13; 2013-07-20 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Wow, selective perception at its finest.

Also, like people already said: "QQ LFR destroyed the community".
    Wrong guys. People who are doing such things are the ones who are destroying the community as a whole.
    Not selective at all. If you want I could go back and start spamming this thread with all the personal attacks. I can just quote every single one over and over that weren't infracted. There are a TON of them. You haven't noticed that people are coming in here angry at the idea of people being kicked? And are saying things like, "you're fucking pathetic", "bunch of morons", "sad pathetic losers" etc etc etc. I was wondering why all those posts were being allowed and then I saw two moderators start posting. And then I knew why. They agree. They should probably concentrate more on doing their job imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Not selective at all. If you want I could go back and start spamming this thread with all the personal attacks. I can just quote every single one over and over that weren't infracted. There are a TON of them. You haven't noticed that people are coming in here angry at the idea of people being kicked? And are saying things like, "you're fucking pathetic", "bunch of morons", "sad pathetic losers" etc etc etc. I was wondering why all those posts were being allowed and then I saw two moderators start posting. And then I knew why. They agree. They should probably concentrate more on doing their job imo.
    Yes, your perception is selective.
    There are just as many people insulting buyers of the helmets in a terribly immature way - in a manner that isn't any better than what you just mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Because screaming "You're killing the game" at people who buy something that doesn't affect you is clearly better. And that is a tame version of some of the bile that has been spewed in this very thread.

Maybe people are saying those who are doing this to players who have bought the helm are "pathetic" because, you know, they are. I'd tell you what I really think about the fucking morality police pretending they are standing up for the little man/consumer who go around telling people what everyone should and shouldn't by based on their own perception of what the game is and should be, but I dont want to get infracted.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-07-20 at 09:13 AM.

Deleted
    I think it's highly unfair and incredibly funny at the same time. It sucks for players to be treated like this just because they liked the helmets so much. On the other hand, it shows how much a lot of players hate those microtransactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I think it's highly unfair and incredibly funny at the same time. It sucks for players to be treated like this just because they liked the helmets so much. On the other hand, it shows how much a lot of players hate those microtransactions.
    Or mob mentality is simply taking place. Or also that abusing the kick system is incredibly easy.

The way I see it, it's like if someone decides to "trick out his ride with some sweet graphics" (the hell did I just type?) and the neighbor decides to get mad about it because he can and decides to ban him from the racing track they both go to just because even though it doesn't affect the performance of either of the owners' vehicles. Like, sure, you're free to do it, but why do you even care to begin with?

Especially when you consider that trolls with money who wouldn't get em in the first place, after seeing all the outrage, will buy them just for shits and giggles.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Yes, your perception is selective.
    There are just as many people insulting buyers of the helmets in a terribly immature way - in a manner that isn't any better than what you just mentioned.
    You must not be reading the same thread as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Because screaming "You're killing the game" at people who buy something that doesn't affect you is clearly better. And that is a tame version of some of the bile that has been spewed in this very thread.

Maybe people are saying those who are doing this to players who have bought the helm are "pathetic" because, you know, they are. I'd tell you what I really think about the fucking morality police pretending they are standing up for the little man/consumer who go around telling people what everyone should and shouldn't by based on their own perception of what the game is and should be, but I dont want to get infracted.
    It's irrelevant. Who I kick in my groups and who the majority agrees with doesn't matter here. It's not against this websites tou for me to kick players in world of warcraft. It is against the rules to personally attack people and that's what I'm seeing, over and over again. Look at you for example, look how angry you're getting. You're saying I'm pathetic, I never insulted you.

Deleted
    It's wrong and petty if you do this, it isn't what the kick tool is for, grow up.

It's irrelevant. Who I kick in my groups and who the majority agrees with doesn't matter here. It's not against this websites tou for me to kick players in world of warcraft. It is against the rules to personally attack people and that's what I'm seeing, over and over again. Look at you for example, look how angry you're getting. You're saying I'm pathetic, I never insulted you.
    Actually yes, yes it absolutely does matter who you kick and what the majority agrees upon. The obvious and stated point of kicking people from LFR/LFG is for players who are bad or are being rude/disruptive.

Its not for entitled douches to thump their chests and think they're making any sort of difference whatsoever by booting people who have done something that doesn't affect the rest of the group in the entire group whatsoever.

Its also pretty clear that I wasn't saying you specifically called "me" pathetic. I was always pretty clearly generally commenting toward people who take and regurgitate the opinion such as yours. You just happened to have said something the others have that caught my attention. Pretending I'm legitimately angry is pretty silly, though.

Being an asshole isn't against the terms of use, obviously. However it still makes you an asshole. Again, I'm using the general "you" here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Or mob mentality is simply taking place. Or also that abusing the kick system is incredibly easy.
    If they're not just randomly kicking out players, but specifically targeting those with the helmets, then it's because they want to make a statement against the Blizz Shop. They blame the people, who buy those helmets, for the success of the shop and for giving Blizzard tons of money for something that, in my opinion, should be obtainable in game.