Page 74 of 124 FirstFirst ...
24
64
72
73
74
75
76
84
... LastLast
  1. #1461
    Blademaster tobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Zooch View Post
    >random guy
    >buys xmog helm
    >wear during LFR
    >get kicked
    >join another LFR
    >get kicked
    >f**k these helms I'm not buying anymore

    That's why you kick them.
    Your mentality is that of a very young child. If someone else's look is Ruining your gaming experience please do everyone a favor and give up gaming altogether.

  2. #1462
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    People doing this are factually childish and petty.
    What kind of non-childish/petty protest would you suggest then?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRet

    "This server shutdown was so epic not even Illidan was prepared for it"

  3. #1463
    Quote Originally Posted by tobia View Post
    Your mentality is that of a very young child. If someone else's look is Ruining your gaming experience please do everyone a favor and give up gaming altogether.
    How long do you think it will take blizzard to remove all goodlooking items from the game and only place them in the store?
    THAT is whats ruining the game experience!

  4. #1464
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Primus View Post
    Maybe sounds good enough to me, since votekicking is 100% legit! Reports like "boohoo they votekicked me without any valid reason", is not enough for ban waves. Its the majority who votekicks, not one person... but between you and me, guess you do understand this
    Doesn't change the fact that you will accomplish literally nothing other than being unable to vote kick for hours when you actually NEED it instead of for a petty reason like someone wearing something you don't like.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

  5. #1465
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    What kind of non-childish/petty protest would you suggest then?
    How about not doing shit because it doesn't fucking do anything lol

  6. #1466
    The Insane Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    15,442
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    I support this. But seriously why not quit the game? Theres almost only fanboys left so theres no hope for improvements. Blizzard is slowly becoming like Greedloft.
    What's that got to do with fanboys?
    I totally hate the look of the helms, I also think they shouldn't cost more then maybe $5.00, or at the very most $10.00..... I would never buy one for these two reasons alone. But acting like a douche bag towards those who do so, that's beyond my comprehension.
    I believe in individual freedom. Those people enacted their personal freedom to buy... YOUR/our personal freedom is to shut the fuck up about it. You can voice your opinion of dislike, that's one thing. But you certainly have no right to make these people's experience miserable.
    Do you also try to have your neighbor kicked out of his apartment, because he bought a new car, and you don't have one at all? Do you bitch about the other neighbor who had his place renovated with overpriced wallpapers, while you can only afford cheap latex paint?
    Try to pull such stunt in the real world, and see where the real majority lies.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

  7. #1467
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    What kind of non-childish/petty protest would you suggest then?

    Quitting and listing it as a reason, tweeting Blizzard about it, making a forum thread, making a ticket.



    Y'know.. anything that does not involve being a hindrance to other humans who pay the same to play the game as you just because they don't support your cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  8. #1468
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    nobody hates blizzard
    Uh huh. I guess the whole Pandaren thing and the D3 launch were figments of people's imagination then.

    we just voice our dislike for this type of business practices. As was mentioned earlier in this thread. Its like being able to buy challenge mode gear with real money.

    (And before you go and shout BUUUUSTSSS. That is you paying four people to work/group with you for x amount of hours. Not quite the same product, perhaps in the end but thats not what you pay for upfront. )

    Atleast challenge mode gear can be obtained ingame without having to shed any £ to a cash shop. It astounds me people are willing to let their subscriptions worth fall so much, if you're not paying for more unbiased non-monitization focused content to the game, then wtf are you paying 10 euros a month for?
    One requires work ingame, the other requires work outside the game. In the end, neither has any effect on your personal performance in the game. Just because you didn't get your shiny doesn't mean you can just kick people around who did. Someone made a very apt analogy earlier about iPhones. Do you kick down every kid on the street who walks around with one?

    And I pay my monthly sub so I can get raids, BGs, scenarios, freaking huge content updates, and the ability to actually play the game. I can live without a fucking helmet from the store. And I'm not gonna go around and fuck up the day for people who actually made enough money in the real world to have enough to spend on one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  9. #1469
    Quote Originally Posted by LawlbringerNL View Post
    How long do you think it will take blizzard to remove all goodlooking items from the game and only place them in the store?
    THAT is whats ruining the game experience!
    LOL, I don't know how you guys can come up with such idiocy, but please, keep on. I want to laugh more.

  10. #1470
    I am Murloc! Pendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    5,796
    Page 74 and no screenshot yet. A bit disappointing, isn't it?

    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    Don't worry his logic will make so much change.
    Yeah, it's totally gonna change everything!

  11. #1471
    good one, should be made a community movement vs blizzstore (some official page needed?). Remove the helm buyers from lfr or make them remove the x-mog they paid for. when they realise they paid 15$ for item they cant show up in lfr, they'll rethink buying another one in the future. totally +1.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Quitting and listing it as a reason, tweeting Blizzard about it, making a forum thread, making a ticket.



    Y'know.. anything that does not involve being a hindrance to other humans who pay the same to play the game as you just because they don't support your cause.
    You rly think anyone still cares about other humans playing the same game as u, and thier feelings? Caring for a complate stranger that can be a good person or a bad person. Due to high "casuality" of wow player base and thier inablity to do anything now, i claim every stranger is a bad person and a bad player until prooven otherwise. So if u wear ur head and see me in lfr and ull crap ur pants, it will be just another fun factor for me.
    Last edited by hir0shima; 2013-07-20 at 11:55 AM.

  12. #1472
    You guys look at the tree and miss view to forrest. Everyone has the right to do anything he wanna with his cash. This is totally acceptable and respected by me. I am not gonna call names to people buy that crap, but I have every right on the other hand to stop playing with them. They are blizz shop supporters, I am not and I want shop closed.

    I respect you all buyers, but will also ignore/votekick for the shake of this game. Nothing personal here.

  13. #1473
    At first I was opposed to most of the payed purchases as they are in a Game where you already pay a decent amount for the Game, the Expansions, and the gametime.

    There is a lot, like payed Faction/Race Changes that cost 20/25€ and in Exchange an Employee does a handful of clicks, not a fair tradeoff. Store Pets and Mounts have a similair ratio of what you pay vs. what Blizzard pays for that. And now there is the upcoming ingame Store with traansmog Items, EXP Boosts, and free Charms of Fortune.


    But I believe that there is stil lenough good stuff in the game for me personally to keep going, and annoyances as these are necessary for Blizzard to justify the continued resources and team growth of wow to their shareholders in the context while the subscribtions are declining.

  14. #1474
    That's just ridiculous... :/ I'd never buy them myself, I think they're way overpriced for what they are, but I won't harass someone else for buying it...

    What it hints at? Nothing, really, if they start selling usable gear in the store with stats and such, I'll still play, and not buy it, but then this method would be worth employing.

  15. #1475
    The Insane Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    15,442
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    What kind of non-childish/petty protest would you suggest then?
    You express your dislike with a valid, polite and well worded statement in the official forums. Plus you simply don't buy..
    Your well worded criticism has more chance to convince someone not to buy either, than kicking people from ingame events. That will ultimately backfire.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

  16. #1476
    I am Murloc! Pendra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    5,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Primus View Post
    I respect you all buyers, but will also ignore/votekick for the shake of this game. Nothing personal here.
    From now on, I'm gonna initiate a votekick for everyone who is wearing red gear.
    Nothing personal, but I think Blizzard needs to learn that there already are too many red sets in the game.

  17. #1477
    What do I think? People who kick other people from LFG/LFR simply for transmog store gear should be reported for abusing the system. Just because someone has more disposable income and/or doesn't have a problem with the Blizzard store that doesn't automatically make THEM "the enemy". You hate the store? That's fine! Don't buy anything. Write well-constructed posts on the forums about why you don't like them. You can even go so far as to urge other people not to support them. But penalizing people just because they don't believe the same thing you do is ridiculous.

    Also, I think this will actually have the reverse of the intended effect, meaning more people will buy those helmets who otherwise wouldn't have touched them just to troll people, which means Blizzard will actually get even more money (a prospect I don't particularly have a problem with).

    I haven't bought any of them for the sole reason that I think the price point is a bit high, but starting now I'll be sure to fill out reports for each and every jackass who thinks kicking people for wearing them--again, abusing the system--is the right thing to do.

    Funny thing about "standing behind your morals": Not everyone has the same beliefs, and they aren't necessarily wrong just because they differ.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Primus View Post
    I am not gonna call names to people buy that crap, but I have every right on the other hand to stop playing with them.
    That's great! All you need to do is leave the group/raid, then, and you're no longer playing with them. Problem solved. What's that? Oh, you want to be able to continue your dungeon/raid even though you believe differently? Hmm, what a unique and puzzling position.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2013-07-20 at 11:55 AM.

  18. #1478
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You express your dislike with a valid, polite and well worded statement in the official forums. Plus you simply don't buy..
    Your well worded criticism has more chance to convince someone not to buy either, than kicking people from ingame events. That will ultimately backfire.
    Blizzard doesn't even read EU forums. Kicking people in lfr is largely only thing that blizzard might give a shit about.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRet

    "This server shutdown was so epic not even Illidan was prepared for it"

  19. #1479
    The Insane Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    15,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Primus View Post
    You guys look at the tree and miss view to forrest. Everyone has the right to do anything he wanna with his cash. This is totally acceptable and respected by me. I am not gonna call names to people buy that crap, but I have every right on the other hand to stop playing with them. They are blizz shop supporters, I am not and I want shop closed.

    I respect you all buyers, but will also ignore/votekick for the shake of this game. Nothing personal here.
    Okay... If you truly respect them, that would be fine.
    But do you really? You have the right to choose with whom to play.. Then the logic solution (and only solution applicable) to this is, you do not vote kick them, you are the one leaving the instance.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

  20. #1480
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    What kind of non-childish/petty protest would you suggest then?
    What you're doing is the equivalent of barricading your Walmart-shopping (blizz store) neighbor in his house because you don't like what Walmart is doing. Basically just being a hindrance to your neighbor while doing absolutely nothing Walmart cares about, yet still shopping at Sam's Club (subscription), thus still giving Wal-mart Stores Inc. (Blizzard) money. If you don't like how Blizzard is operating, stop using their services and buying their products.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •