Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I wasn't actually talking about you considering you claimed to not be kicking anyone because of the helms. Just because you might use some manners (something people in the game sorely need), it really does not mean others who might actually initiate the kick will.
    He's just as responsible for the voting as the person who started it, as well as supporting the terrible attitudes of the people doing it to begin with. He may not be doing it directly, but he's just as guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    All of the people in here against people enjoying the game because they can afford a lousy $15 are far outnumbered by people tweeting to the CM and GC, lots of happy people giving them good feedback.
    Perhaps you misunderstand me. I own a Xmog helmet and am content with it. I have no problem with others who disagree, it's the form of the disagreement that's problematic in some cases. Where it's not problematic it's totally fine and I encourage them to speak their minds.

10+ Year Old Account
    The entitlement crowd found something new to cry about. They believe because they are in a group that it is THEIR group, and want to kick anyone that doesn't agree with them. The sad part is that they are most likely baddies who are looking for someone to direct attention instead of their own selves. I have never seen any player in a high end guild act like this, looks like the baddies found something new to whine to blizz about because they are too poor and pathetic to afford $15.
    This is the stupidest shit I've ever heard.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT BEING 'POOR AND PATHETIC'.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    How are people going about saying "they are supporting acti-blizz"

Take a look at your selves, and realise you pay them your monthly sub, by your own free will, to play their game - you're supposed to support things you like.

Sure, hate the game buy play it anyway, but don't get up on a high horse at those that choose to get something extra and think you are some how better. You're not. You're jealous, or just vindictive and lacking in character. Fair one, that's just the mentality of people these days but I seriously doubt given you have a subscription to the game that a consumer morality stand point is actually true. Hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    So you enter metro, go into wagon and see some very smelly homeless person sleeping there. Wouldn't it be more wise to remove that smelly stranger from wagon rather than having people to avoid this wagon?

If you don't want to be grouped or deal with someone, leaving usually means surrender and helps nothing but rather promotes unwanted behavior.
    Oh be careful, now you're starting to argue that people with the ability to afford shelter and hygiene have more rights than those who don't. Go back a few pages and you'll see that your side of the argument CLEARLY doesn't believe that people with more wealth deserve to have more things than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Getting booted from the group means the group decided they didnt want to play with you. If that hurts your feelings then you may have to grow up, I know it sucks, but it's gonna have to happen some day.
    I never got kicked though. And no, getting kicked from groups 99% of the time means that one person tried to be funny or didn't want any loot competition, most of the people will just blindly press yes to get rid of the popup.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Yea, thats right they can. You and I both know that anyone who was given a ban was , most likely, handed that ban because of volatile verbal harassment that was done WHILE kicking the player out of the group, not for the act of kicking from the group itself.

You being unable to parse the difference is not my problem. Doesn't change the fact of the matter, vote kicking people who you do not desire to play with is not a banable offense, no matter how much you wish it was lol.
    Are you 5? You add LOL to everything you say? You and your immense IQ can't comprehend that it is a hot topic so it is most likely dealt with in a more severe manner to curtail the situation. It all starts to make sense when people say Normal Mode raiding is too hard when I start reading these posts, people are really that ignorant that they cant push 3-4 buttons without dying in fire, these posts prove just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Infective View Post
    Oh be careful, now you're starting to argue that people with the ability to afford shelter and hygiene have more rights than those who don't. Go back a few pages and you'll see that your side of the argument CLEARLY doesn't believe that people with more wealth deserve to have more things than others.
    Of course people can always turn it to extremes. If some don't like this analogy, ok - let there be some not poor guy in that metro's wagon, who would be drunk, smelly and using seats as his bed. Such happens too and basically similar in essence - example of someone in real-life, with whom you wouldn't want to be near. And instead of leaving on your own, it would be more productive to look into means of removing such person from wagon (from LFR).

Though I wanted to add that nowhere I wrote that people with more wealth deserve less than people with less wealth, it sounds too primitive as need to take many factors in consideration. However, I wrote that in purchasable game with fixed subscription fee it isn't acceptable to have such an accent on $-shop.

That is pretty sad....can;t believe people stoop to that level in WoW.

Just because someone else spend money on an item that is for visual appearance only, doesn't in any way hinder your game experience in any meaningfull way.
    If anything those people are more profitable to blizzard which with the subscription loss means they are even more valuable to blizzard and are if anything MORE entitled to playing the game, not less.
    But I digress....they should be equally entitled to the game....kicking players for such a thing should become reportable and come with repercusions (though I doubt it would be able to be proven that the helmet was the actual reason)
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Are you 5? You add LOL to everything you say? You and your immense IQ can't comprehend that it is a hot topic so it is most likely dealt with in a more severe manner to curtail the situation. It all starts to make sense when people say Normal Mode raiding is too hard when I start reading these posts, people are really that ignorant that they cant push 3-4 buttons without dying in fire, these posts prove just that.
    Don't get mad, get glad that I educated you so that you can stop making yourself look foolish by spreading ignorance lol.

Of course people can always turn it to extremes. If some don't like this analogy, ok - let there be some not poor guy in that metro's wagon, who would be drunk, smelly and using seats as his bed. Such happens too and basically similar in essence - example of someone in real-life, with whom you wouldn't want to be near. And instead of leaving on your own, it would be more productive to look into means of removing such person from wagon (from LFR).

Though I wanted to add that nowhere I wrote that people with more wealth deserve less than people with less wealth, it sounds too primitive as need to take many factors in consideration. However, I wrote that in purchasable game with fixed subscription fee it isn't acceptable to have such an accent on $-shop.

He was actually agreeing with you. His post was sarcasticly pointing out that the other people with your point of view might not agree with/like what you said.

If you don't want to be grouped or deal with someone due to some such reason, leaving usually means surrender and helps nothing but rather promotes unwanted behavior.
    False equivalency, particularly because "unwanted behavior" is both hopelessly vague and incredibly subjective. I have no problems with the cash shop. I have no intention of buying anything right now, but harbor no ill-will towards anyone who does. I certainly find no fault with anyone choosing to ride their mounts, use their pets or wear their fancy helmets that they bought from the cash shop (or the TCG...same thing). Also despite the uproar on the forums, I've heard next to no such furor from within the game itself. Why? Because the majority of the player base either don't care about the cash shop or they just choose to ignore it. Like any other optional content.

Contrary to what the doomsayers like to spout, it's not detracting overmuch from the dev time spent on the "free" content put into the game patches, and it's cosmetic which means nobody is given an unfair advantage. Ergo, there is no harm done to the rest of the WoW populace by this practice and perhaps the extra cash garnered by the enterprise will result in even more devs/artists/etc. hired for future expansions or other projects.

Finally, I'll quote something my wife--who has no stake in these games--said earlier this evening: "What kind of loser protests a game company while paying them to play their game?" Unsub if you want to protest. Being against Blizz making even more money on this while still paying for the game (and interrupting the gameplay of others for your own petty--and shaky--morals) is hypocritical at best. I've said it before, but it bears repeating: Penalizing people who hold a different opinion than you over something as trivial as this makes YOU the asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    That is pretty sad....can;t believe people stoop to that level in WoW.
    Someone wrote it nicely on one of gaming forums:

"Looks like there is a massive shaming going on. I'm reading a lot of threads on various forums where people are harassing, trolling and shaming people wearing the helmets. Looks like my server isn't the only one. I have faith in this community once again."

If you think it happens only in game, ill fame around WoW's $-shop is all around. Thankfully, people have enough common sense to do what they can to suppress $-shop in p2p game. Now, when developers decided to ignore all feedback and implement unwanted things anyway, it is too late to save themselves from disgrace in eyes of many gaming communities.

You should be thankful that some people still show that they have passion for the game, maybe massive shaming will awake Acti-Blizzard, maybe not. But it's better than ignore issue altogether and /smile at someone who supports $-shop in WoW.

Deleted
    Its funny how people are against me when im right while noones against people that say "they kick him because they cant afford it" oh well im done with this forum i cant stand this anymore.

Deleted
    I'm against this kind of content on the cash shop but players shouldn't be discriminated for it. It's available, they have the money and the right to use it in whatever way they wish... I saw some guy saying he was disgusted by the people in the lfr wearing it... He was silenced by quite a few people (including me) telling him to "mind his own business".

Again, I don't agree with the helmets existing, but since they do people are free to do whatever they want and I'm okay with that.

Kind of like a vegetarian is tolerant of people who eat meat :P

"Looks like there is a massive shaming going on. I'm reading a lot of threads on various forums where people are harassing, trolling and shaming people wearing the helmets. Looks like my server isn't the only one. I have faith in this community once again."

If you think it happens only in game, ill fame around WoW's $-shop is all around. Thankfully, people have enough common sense to do what they can to suppress $-shop in p2p game. Now, when developers decided to ignore all feedback and implement unwanted things anyway, it is too late to save themselves from disgrace in eyes of many gaming communities.

You should be thankful that some people still show that they have passion for the game, maybe massive shaming will awake Acti-Blizzard, maybe not. But it's better than ignore issue altogether and /smile at someone who supports $-shop in WoW.
    Yes, because a company trying to make more money on cosmetic items definitely warrants player harassment. GG.

Seriously, these arguments are going in circles. You can be against the cash shop or not, it doesn't give you the right to harass players who actually buy the items because they choose to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Maybe the ones with a passion for the game are the ones supporting Blizzard, not the ones harassing other players. It's shameful and revolting behavior.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

My faith in the rest of humanity just went down.

I can't believe this thread has gone to 112 pages (As of writing this) and the worst part is, it's not even the people complaining that's fueling it, it's the people complaining about the people complaining fueling it.

There are so many pro-cash shop players in here (So long as it doesn't include items that give stats or an edge on other players right!? lol) who insist they need to reply to every single person who is against the cash shop, they are simply inflating their post counts and the post counts in this thread. However when people say "omg this thread went on for X amount of pages" the general response is "Yeah well the ragey kids found something new to complain about." insinuating that the people against this are spamming the topic, which however is the reverse of what is happening.

The only thing happening in this thread, is that the majority of people on both sides are arguing in circles. "This will lead to more" and people going "So complain when it does!" or "You're just mad because you're too poor to pay for it lololol".

To me, voting people out of your LFR because they have the helmets is far less pathetic then the people fighting tooth and nail to defend Blizzard's decision. Why do you feel that you need to defend Blizzard as it's white knight of sorts? Why do you feel you owe it to Blizzard to defend them tooth and nail?

I'm sure the majority of people who stick up for Blizzard in situations (Not this specific one) are the people who just like to argue and frustrate people on purpose, there is a term for that, which we aren't allowed to call people directly.

Either way, this anti-cash shop has nothing to do with how rich or how poor you are. It has everything to do with business ethics. You're charging a subscription fee to provide content for the players, but you take away some for that content to sell for more on an item shop. "Prove they took it away" well these items were already in game with no way of obtaining it, then Blizzard decided to charge for it, they successfully took that away from customers by not tying it into something in game. Whether it took 1 second to make, or 5 days to make it took time away from someone at Blizzard who could have been doing something that provided extra content, such as a cosmetic Helm reward for an Achievement, or for sale via DMF prize tickets or simply Justice Points.

I'm not trying to stir the argument, but rather show a point of view that should matter to all players, whether you think it affects you are not, it truly does, as Blizzard is taking your subscription fee, and using it to fund projects that will create games to be sold to you for an extra fee. You may never buy these items, but you lost out on the chance of getting them without paying for them because people are supporting these ethics.

As a consumer, you shouldn't be supporting companies who are nickle and diming you every way they can. As a consumer, people should be fighting for what is fair. It wouldn't be fair if you signed up for netflix for X amount a month, and they decided to add a show on Netflix and charge you extra to watch it now would it? Here's something for you to think of with that idea: Netflix added a new season of Arrested Development on there, which only aired on Netflix, and they didn't charge you a single extra cent. Why did they not charge you extra? Because they believe your subscription is worth the extra content, rather than turning an extra dollar.

Your $15/mo+Game/Expac costs should provided you with the ability to obtain every single item in the game files without spending more money, and that is the bottom line. That is why Blizzard chose the monthly subscription fee.

So you enter metro, go into wagon and see some very smelly homeless person sleeping there. Wouldn't it be more wise to remove that smelly stranger from wagon rather than having people to avoid this wagon?

If you don't want to be grouped or deal with someone due to some such reason, leaving usually means surrender and helps nothing but rather promotes unwanted behavior.
    Unwanted behavior how? They purchased an item for themselves, and it has direct effect on the other players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.