Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Yeah, envy is absolutely a problem in today's society. I think that's part of why people feel so strongly about this, though, is because WoW is kind of a "escape" from the real-world for a lot of people, but with microtransactions, it's now putting your real finances as a direct indicator of what content you'll be able to access. Basically, I fully respect people who work hard and make a lot of money for it, but they already reap the benefits of that money in real-life; I'd prefer we leave video-games as an indicator of your in-game work ethic.
    I would say the disturbing thing about this is I don't want to look at player in game and go transmorg helm $15, mount $25, transmorg chest $15, transmorg weapon $25, transmorg ... it does not click well with the whole rpg in mmo.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    In LFD that may be true, but not in LFR.
    Works the same in LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenarrow View Post
    It is a huge attack against their rights; you are discriminating them for their looks.
    No, you teach them the lesson that they have no right to buy their way through a game with cash. It's the definition of gaining an unfair advantage.
    Weed needs to be rooted out before it can spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenarrow View Post
    Because now it is ethical to kick someone for a LFR for buying a transmog helmet, to discriminate them for their cosmetic tastes? It is a huge attack against their rights; you are discriminating them for their looks. You don't like it? Fine. That does not give you the right to exclude someone from a group because they do not agree with your opinion. And that still stands whatever the majority says. They are human just like you, so both of you can join and finish a LFR without being kicked for no apparent reason.
    I've already linked this in this thread, but I will again, I guess. It is "ethical".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boycott

A boycott is an act of voluntarily abstaining from using, buying, or dealing with a person, organization, or country as an expression of protest, usually for social or political reasons. Sometimes, it can be a form of consumer activism.
    Many boycotts have involved shaming other people for using products/supporting companies to try to defer them from spending more money on that company and supporting their business practices. Usually boycotts start because people think a company's business practices are unethical.
    Last edited by Flower Milk; 2013-07-20 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    If these children can't be responsible with their money and Blizzard can't be responsible with their greed then it's time to intercede. Keep up the kicks guys and make sure to be as vocal as possible about why you're doing so! In game and on the forums. Blizzard will get the message.
    Yes, they will ban the kickers if it's clear it was based on the transmog items. Blizzard will not allow someone to spit in their coffee.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    To kick someone in LFR, 5 people have to initiate a kick on them for the vote kick to even appear for the other people in the group to vote on. Then if the majority of people vote to kick them, they are kicked.
    5 people are not the majority. 5 people are necessary to initiate the vote.
    The majority then clicks 'Yes' to get rid of the votekick-window in the middle of their screen.

That's a huge difference.
    If you find 5 people to start votekicks because of "LOL because I can", most of them probably will pass too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    I've already linked this in this thread, but I will again, I guess. It is "ethical".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boycott

Many boycotts have involved shaming other people for using products/supporting companies. Usually boycotts start because people think a company's business practices are unethical.
    You don't know what a boycott is, we're very well aware of that by now.

Telling people as they leave Walmart that you disapprove of them shopping there for their business practices is fine. Making a point of blocking in their cars in the parking lot is not.

Telling people as they leave Walmart that you disapprove of them shopping there for their business practices is fine. Making a point of blocking in their cars in the parking lot is not.
    Its bullying not boycotting tbh.

I love it. Shows the community coming together to boycott something Blizzard did that they felt was wrong. Keep it up.

People who do that must be really immature and/or mentally handicapped or something. Seriously, those people should go to a doctor, ASAP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    As long as you can't get heroic items with real money the rich casuals will just be that.
    It's just a matter of time, if it makes profit, it will appear in the store. Like people prophesized, BMAH was just the beginning. Rich casuals need to be taught a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    I would say the disturbing thing about this is I don't want to look at player in game and go transmorg helm $15, mount $25, transmorg chest $15, transmorg weapon $25, transmorg ... it does not click well with the whole rpg in mmo.
    Agreed, it removes you or detaches you from the ingame immersion when you see an item and automatically assosciate it with real currency and the item shop.
    Even if it's for a second it ruins continuity.

Of course... I'm one of the few who appreciates that sort of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    5 people are not the majority. 5 people are necessary to initiate the vote.
    The majority then clicks 'Yes' to get rid of the votekick-window in the middle of their screen.

That's a huge difference.

Sorry buddy thats democracy.

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51 percent of the people may take away the rights of the other 49.

The majority voted does not matter why they voted and no one can know for sure why they voted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Yes, they will ban the kickers if it's clear it was based on the transmog items. Blizzard will not allow someone to spit in their coffee.
    Herp derp , keep telling yourself that buddy.

Curious though, what magical means of deciphering a yes / no prompt does blizz have that will lead them to the reason people are kicked.

Or join reality here with us and realize that blizz doesn't give a shit who's kicked for what group or why. You think they got people investigating this type of thing? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Why? Should subscriber not have the right to play with ppl that do not pay extra for ingame items ? If they choose so .. whats wrong with that ?
    Its perfectly fine. If you dont want to be kicked then dont support blizzard's in game store.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Sorry buddy thats democracy.

A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51 percent of the people may take away the rights of the other 49.

The majority voted does not matter why they voted and no one can know for sure why they voted.
    I'm sure that gives you comfort when you're confronted with a democracy of thugs versus you in an alleyway at night. Hey, they voted.

Holy shit this thread will be better off when you stop with the terrible, unrelated analogies.

Whose blocking my car again? Wtf lol.

Nothing you do can cause me to feel shame or modify my behavior. I'm a tank and I get instant queues, and my alt is a healer and gets even more instant queues. If anything I'll go buy more hats and gift them out. It was caterwauling like yours that caused me to buy a hat in the first place after all.

If either of us puts the other on ignore however, then we'll never see each other in any LFR ever. Win for both sides. You don't want to see people with hats - you have the very real power to do something about it - out yourself so you can be ignored.
    You didn't actually read what you replied to. I said I want you in my dungeon or lfr, so I can teach you. And you are the perfect example of someone who has difficulty learning, so I'm hoping I can have more opportunities to help you learn your lesson. Your instant queue won't help you when you get a 30 min debuff after being kicked. That's plenty of time to think about it. It's not going to stop with dungeons and lfr, I've already decided to not take any helmers in my pugs. I watched our recruiter ask one of our new prospects if he had one of the new helmets. She laughed right after so it may have been a joke, but based off the rumblings in gchat I doubt it.

It's actually pretty hard to find the helmers, I am always on the lookout in shrine for them. Once you do find them it doesn't take long for the chatbox to fill up with /spit. This is just the beginning, blizz isn't done. You'll be seeing more crap in that store in the weeks to come and the anger will continue, and it will become more and more of an inconvenience for you helmers. Having to hide the things you bought before entering a dungeon, lfr, bg, pug, new guild kind of makes it seem useless to even buy the thing in the first place. That's really the whole point here. Those helmets have a stigma attached to them. You bought them to get attention, and now you're crying because it's negative. You spend $15 on a scarlet letter.

Well, I'm going to use the same logic as many others in this thread have used.

Being kicked from a LFR is not as bad or even anywhere near the same as being forcefully trapped in a parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Holy shit this thread will be better off when you stop with the terrible, unrelated analogies.

Whose blocking my car again? Wtf lol.
    Understanding is difficult for you, as has been very well established by your posts throughout this thread. Go learn to think, come back, and the thread will be a better place.