Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    The player encourages Blizz in their cash shop practices. That's the reason.
    You seem to be under the mistaken notion that the cash shop wouldn't be there if you keep those people out of your runs, or if by kicking them out they'll suddenly stop using it. You're just making them mad at you.

Blizzard isn't going to respond to bullying. No company would respond to such low tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Of course it isn't, but it's the same mentality. The only difference is that at Walmart the cops will come give you a wood shampoo for your "principles", while here Blizzard doesn't have the staff.
    Don't ever change bro. Whatever fantasy clouds you keep your head restrained to....just keep it there.

Of course it isn't, but it's the same mentality. The only difference is that at Walmart the cops will come give you a wood shampoo for your "principles", while here Blizzard doesn't have the staff.
    Because it isn't the same thing. Walmart is part of something larger. This is more akin to blocking the lobbyists in Washington.
    <Royal Militia> - 14/14H, US27, is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    It shows how disconnected to reality the community is and how little value we put on other people anymore. If that's what you love then I feel bad for you.
    There is no value in people who think it would be acceptable to use cash to gain things in a game. These kinda people are far worse than any AFKer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Don't ever change bro. Whatever fantasy clouds you keep your head restrained to....just keep it there.
    Don't worry, my fancy transmog hat keeps it firmly in place.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    The player encourages Blizz in their cash shop practices. That's the reason.
    So what? It impacts you, not at all.

You seem to be under the mistaken notion that the cash shop wouldn't be there if you keep those people out of your runs, or if by kicking them out they'll suddenly stop using it. You're just making them mad at you.

Blizzard isn't going to respond to bullying. No company would respond to such low tactics.
    And that's bad? Isn't the point of all this to create commotion?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    There is no value in people who think it would be acceptable to use cash to gain things in a game. These kinda people are far worse than any AFKer.
    Afk'ing in LFR is okay but having a vanity item on your head isn't

Logic

Quote Originally Posted by mcbeefy View Post
    Vanity items are usually gifts.

Telling somebody using a gift that their gift sucks because you don't have one makes you a bad person.
    If someone gifted me a helmet I'd thank them for the thought, but return the gift and then explain to them why purchasing gear in a subscription game is wrong. As far as I'm concerned anyone gifted the helm and not giving it back is the same as the buyer and deserves the same fate. I just hope they use the consequences as a way to grow and learn by their mistake.

Your inability to tolerate anything that you don't agree with is very sad and I feel sorry for you. I hope you learn compassion at some point in your life. Hell I'll settle for mild indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    Because it isn't the same thing. Walmart is part of something larger. This is more akin to blocking the lobbyists in Washington.
    No it's not. Lobbyists are mercenaries trying to buy influence.

There's no influence to be had in buying a vanity transmog item. Nor is there any principled stand to be made by disrupting the gameplay of those who do.

Chatting them up and expressing your displeasure and why you feel that way is totally cool. Do that!

I doth think you protest too much. Because that's an incredibly silly thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    Afk'ing in LFR is okay but having a vanity item on your head isn't

Logic
    That isn't what he said at all and you know it.

You're just making them mad at you.
    Let them be mad, maybe they'll think twice before using unfair means to gain ingame items again.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Its bullying not boycotting tbh.
    Whilst I would not kick someone for wearing the transmog helm I keep seeing this argument that it is bullying to do so. Why was there no outrage over the thousands of people who have been kicked for being able to roll on the same gear as another member of the party? What about players that are kicked for low healing or damage even though they are performing at the maximum level their gear allows? I find it interesting that many who support the fact that you can ruin someone's playtime for hours on end on PVP servers by corpse camping low level players are now against transmog helm owners being removed from LFR and spending 15-20 minutes requeuing.

No it's not. Lobbyists are mercenaries trying to buy influence.

There's no influence to be had in buying a vanity transmog item. Nor is there any principled stand to be made by disrupting the gameplay of those who do.

Chatting them up and expressing your displeasure and why you feel that way is totally cool. Do that!
    I do! But that only goes so far. I'm not a kicker, but I would vote for it if it came up, while also putting it out there in chat.

Let them be mad, maybe they'll think twice before using unfair means to gain ingame items again.
    Unfair? Are you trying to bring this full-circle to the "you poor bro" days again, because money is easily accessible - go earn some.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Whilst I would not kick someone for wearing the transmog helm I keep seeing this argument that it is bullying to do so. Why was there no outrage over the thousands of people who have been kicked for being able to roll on the same gear as another member of the party? What about players that are kicked for low healing or damage even though they are performing at the maximum level their gear allows? I find it interesting that many who support the fact that you can ruin someone's playtime for hours on end on PVP servers by corpse camping low level players are now against transmog helm owners being removed from LFR and spending 15-20 minutes requeuing.
    I am not sure I dislike kicking for anything other than the person being a complete asshole/disrupting the group / afk etc.

I'm sure that gives you comfort when you're confronted with a democracy of thugs versus you in an alleyway at night. Hey, they voted.
    I don't go down alleyways at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    I doth think you protest too much. Because that's an incredibly silly thing to say.
    You can make up for an AFKer by doing more dps/healing. But you can't make up for the bad impact cash abusers inflict on the game's future.