Page 1 of 32
... LastLast

if texas is so pro life and all

why is there a death penalty?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    why is there a death penalty?
    If you're looking for reason and common sense, laws and politics aren't the best places to look.

One is judged guilty of committing a heinous crime by a jury of their peers according to the law and the other receives their sentence potentially from a teenager. Big difference between the two.

It makes sense when you think about it, Texas just wants to protect you until your born so they can kill you.
    Hi Sephurik

Not sure, why do they also have the highest infant mortality rate? Probably because they aren't pro life at all, it's just politics to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitw2636 View Post
    One is judged guilty of committing a heinous crime by a jury of their peers according to the law and the other receives their sentence potentially from a teenager. Big difference between the two.
    When you look at some judges, it doesn't seem very different.

Do not try to reason with republicans. Guns are good, killing people that kill people is okay... but white_wizard_in_the_sky forbid we destroy embryos.

Because both sides tried to come up with a name that makes out the opposing party look bad. Someone is anti life or anti choice if they are against. One part just didnt think it through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because a murderer and an unborn child are the same thing? I think not.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Because a murderer and an unborn child are the exact same thing? I think not.
    Yeah, let's kill a murderer. That'll fix the dead victim.

Because the Bible has capital punishment. That's why.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Because a murderer and an unborn child are the same thing? I think not.
    Theyboth have life and are living.

10+ Year Old Account
    PRO innocent LIFE.

I find it less hypocritical then liberals who are against the death penalty but for abortion. Killing is wrong, unless it cant fight back...
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    PRO innocent LIFE.

I find it less hypocritical then liberals who are against the death penalty but for abortion. Killing is wrong, unless it cant fight back...
    Texas convincts more innocent people to death than any other state in the country, so....Yeah. Not really a good analogy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

to quote George Carlin: "Pro-life Conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don’t want to know about you; they don’t want to hear from you, no nothin’! No Neonatal Care, no Day Care, no Head Start, no School Lunch, no Food Stamps, no Welfare, no nothin’.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Do not try to reason with republicans. Guns are good, killing people that kill people is okay... but white_wizard_in_the_sky forbid we destroy embryos.

If everybody had and knew how to use a gun. Gun crime would go down. By a lot. Guns give you power over people without guns. Take that power away and you have nothing. Taking guns from people only makes yourself a victim. I say this from a point of logic, in general I hate guns, but I can't argue with this stance.

Beyond that, I live in texas and it is nonsense down here. You would not believe what the average person believes about things like science and politics. The ignorance and bigotry is endless.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

PRO innocent LIFE.

Not so hypocritical when you consider that a collection of cells does not constitute a viable living person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Theyboth have life and are living.
    I actually don't know precisely where you are on the abortion debate. Are you pro-choice or -life?

They both have life and are living, yet one has chosen to wrongfully end another life and his elimination to protect further innocents whom he has proven he is willing to circumstantially murder. They are not equivalent.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Pious Lemon View Post
    Not so hypocritical when you consider that a collection of cells does not constitute a viable living person.
    If it grows, it lives. So yes, liberals being against the death penalty and for abortion are far more hypocritical.

PRO innocent LIFE.

it is fascinating to see this be used as an actual argument. ignoring all the parts or instances where rape or incest is involved or boldly harm to the mother herself. or the chances of the mother not being able to care for the child so throwing it into a bloated and horrible foster care system or be regulated to living in substandard living on government assistance (those fucking leaches) . your right, its all cuz we loves to kill things that can't fight back, like Bambies mom.