Ice Barrier in arena

When the shit did IB get nerfed so hard for arena/bgs?

10+ Year Old Account
    since blizz added an ilvl ceiling, and since the strength of ice barrier scales off spellpower (and with an ilvl ceiling overall spellpower is reduced), also it was nerfed by about 15% in 5.1 because it was "too strong" in pvp, go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    since blizz added an ilvl ceiling, and since the strength of ice barrier scales off spellpower (and with an ilvl ceiling overall spellpower is reduced), also it was nerfed by about 15% in 5.1 because it was "too strong" in pvp, go figure.
    I understand how the scaling works. Full tyrannical (496 ilvl) gemed for int I get roughly a 100k absorb out in the world. I enter an arena and get scaled to 496 ilvl. Since weps are 498 they each lose 2 ilvls, a net loss of about 80 int, yet my IB is only good for 55k and change. Don't remember seeing a post about nerfing it by ~45%. Also it was 30% in 5.1

It's just battle fatigue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Battle Fatigue- all healing while in PvP combat is reduced 45%. Affects absorbs as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's crap, gets dispelled most of the time anyways. Flameglow is far better, and ts is pretty good now it can't be purged.

flameglow is also affected by BF and reduces only 15%

temporal shield is the only choice and its skill cap is quite high

I was asking why the absorb was so low now which was answered by the second poster, thank you.