Thermal paste apply and exposed Heatpipe Heatsink question

Okay so before I do stuff I never done before (in my case applying thermal paste AND a aftermarket cooler) I watch instructional / installation guides. My heatsink choice is the Hyper 212 Evo

I plan on doing the Pea method for the paste, but watching videos on the Hyper 212 series one particular video stood out. Where the installer got the Heatsink with heatpipes and he applied thermal paste onto it, spread it around with a card, then wiped it off a tad. leaving the area clean, but some paste in the crevice areas on the heatsink where the pipes are. And of course he applied it to the CPU as well. Curious if the crevice method is needed?

Now this is the only video I saw with it. Got me wondering and I figured I'd ask here on your guys' opinions on that. Should this be done?

I do not plan on seriously OCing (if this even matters) Probably 4ghz on my I5 4670k, however I want to be sure I do everything right the first go so I will not have to worry about it.
    Last edited by c313; 2013-07-20 at 12:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you link the video? Part of the EVO's design is that it specifically doesn't have crevices, so.. I'm a little confused.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    I think because of the budget nature of the Evo's some of them are not 100% right and do have gaps where the heat pipes are ground flat. This method is not something i have seen before but it would do no harm and yet i doubt it is actually needed as the paste applied to the CPU will go into any gaps anyway.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've attached three heatsinks in the last two weeks and I've just done the pea method each time.

A lot of the forums I've read have said the EVO is no different, so I'd stick with it.