Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Void Storage limited space?

So I haven't had enough stuff to actually put in there but I finally did on my shaman... and realized you are limited to those slots.

May bad on assuming that the space was unlimited (which now that I'm thinking about it... seems a little ridiculous) but at the same time I am still disappointed I was working on a collection of tier sets for the sake of having them... now that I know that it is limited I need to go and delete crap I know I'll never transmog or look at again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only tip i can give you is to get giant slot bags for your bank, and drop junk in there x)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Yep it is wayyyyyy to small.

They just need to give us ~40 slot bags. 2 more slots per expansion per bag isn't enough, not to mention the mats are way too expensive for your average player. I ended up deleting 90% of my cosmetic items the other day because I was completely out of space (full 28 slotters in bank too).

Void Storage should be virtually unlimited space because your paying to storage items... in a void.

10+ Year Old Account
    The void is very small, so the Etherals needs to save space, thus they limit how many slots each toon gets.

TRUE STORY!!!
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I really really hate Blizzard's excuse about this.

They always say they don't want to give us more space because it's just a temporary solution, they want to find something better and permanent.

The question is, why do we have to get screwed from that? That it takes you time to come up with a solution? Meanwhile keep adding space/more void storage space especially until you finally find the solution then tweak things around, we shouldn't get hurt because you are still thinking about a solution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    They just need to give us ~40 slot bags. 2 more slots per expansion per bag isn't enough, not to mention the mats are way too expensive for your average player. I ended up deleting 90% of my cosmetic items the other day because I was completely out of space (full 28 slotters in bank too).

Void Storage should be virtually unlimited space because your paying to storage items... in a void.
    i strongly agree with this, i for one, have been struggling for a really long time now, i do wished blizz would do something about this, we need more bag slot spaces yet alone bigger bags/void/bank storage, or even if u had another personal bank/chest you could store things in, inside your house on sunsong ranch.

Unlimited storage would require unlimited disk capacity. The void storage is what was formerly the key chain, so it isn't exactly large, and they already limited it to unenchanted items to save space.

Deleted
    Cheap scoundrels...how many gazillions have they made off wow since the game came out??...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, if it were unlimited I'd have kept every item I ever got since 4.3 and have various half finished transmogs that just wait till I can get around to running say, ICC 10HC again. Since I don't have the space I need to very carefully choose to go for certain transmogs or not. It's kinda vexing, and I'm now down to if I find 1 more transmog I want to have or a tier I want to keep I'll have to start sharding my very first tier set items and epics, which are ugly/useless, but have sentimental value.

I'd kill for a second tab in my Void storage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Void Storage should instead "disenchant" the item (meaning you can NEVER access it again) but instead give your character access to it on a "skin" list in the transmogrification UI. Saving the information as access to a skin as opposed to an item that can be removed would take less data, making it easier to have much more "stored" in there for transmog. It would also solidify that void storage is NOT a secondary bank, but a place to store stuff for transmog.

Surely all that extra money from the Blizzard store could help them develop such a system, or at least increase the current void storage (and truly regular bank space as well).
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

It's been mentioned in other threads in the past, but a collection storage would be the perfect way to accomplish what void storage tries to do. In the meantime, I think between void storage and the bank, there is enough space for most people to hoard the items they like.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Deleted
    Yeah you should see my monks. You can fit one transmog set in each column that's not including weapons. I have about 4 sets in mine and god knows how many different weapons. Only got 2 an a bit columns left.

Deleted
    Soon you can buy more bank space just for 15 euros!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Void Storage should instead "disenchant" the item (meaning you can NEVER access it again) but instead give your character access to it on a "skin" list in the transmogrification UI. Saving the information as access to a skin as opposed to an item that can be removed would take less data, making it easier to have much more "stored" in there for transmog. It would also solidify that void storage is NOT a secondary bank, but a place to store stuff for transmog.
    I would not be against this. There are plenty of items I do still want to keep, but others I just want to catalogue their looks.

Only reason to keep physical items is if they do Level scaling on a non-standardized level, and you'd need the actual items with their stats.

To the OP, keep your bags the largest size you can get, and understand that Void Storage isn't meant to be a catch all, it's meant for more "cherished" items in it's current state.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Surely all that extra money from the Blizzard store could help them develop such a system, or at least increase the current void storage (and truly regular bank space as well).
    The only real difference to current void storage is a that you can't take it back out. Void Storage removes all item enhancements because it only stores the item ID, which is no different than what your skin list would have to do.

Essentially, when you remove an item from void storage, you actually create a new item and remove the corresponding entry from the skin list.

Hunters got 50 slots for pets. Can't see why the masses can't get more bank or void room. The tech is there.

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatTM View Post
    Hunters got 50 slots for pets. Can't see why the masses can't get more bank or void room. The tech is there.
    Might be a completely different system. That one tech is there doesn't mean that the one you need is there as well.

This, but I'm not sure it helps them on the data storage side, which is the real reason they're limiting us in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Soon you can buy more bank space just for 15 euros!
    the alternative is that they do what they do now, nothing.