Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Nobody needs to get rude over the help i provided for those who needed help.
    For those who got him down, great but then don't come on these forums to tell the rest of the world how good you are and how easy the fight is. It's not for all.
    Looks like i shouldn't make a guide next time, since nobody is appreciated by it, guess that's why nobody made a guide..
    Nobody made a guide because it really is that easy, the only thing you need is to know about the damage buff. You must be exaggerating about those hours spent in preparation, unless your ilvl is super low you can do it pretty much with any abilities. I did it with Iron Hawk, Dire Beast and Glaive, I'm sure Fervor is perfectly fine as well. Your way is by far not the easiest one, maybe that's why you struggled.

THE GUIDE:
    If you're in the 530s+ ilvl wise, go bm and really just zerg it with bloodlust. No problem.
    If your ilvl is low, go for the balcony trick (yes, surprisingly there IS a guide on wowhead, just google the Yulon quest), fake death to drop ads, deterrence mirror images, and you can take your time with the dps.

"Beast Mastery: Impossible (...) the pet is slow (...) the damage is not useful to burst the ads down" This is just WRONG in so many ways. Have you heard of Blink Strikes, Dash, Beast Cleave? You want to make a guide, fine, but with this you're making it more difficult for others who might actually listen to you.

I didn't even know about the damage buff. When in there as SV cause someone told me about adds. Killed him in about 30 seconds lol.

A little confused about the guide because a lot of it is not needed and BM AoE is amazing.

You can't be mad that people don't like your guide when you put a lot of wrong and inaccurate information in to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    good stuff for people that arent over geared for it. I also liked some of those ptr vids you put up. Thanks for putting those up

Deleted
    Gimlix what do you need all that hit for?

I really don't want to be the mean, insulting person, but after a bit of inspection of the OP...

Ok, we got a hunter who's in full LFR + Reputation gear (Not half-TOT LFR - half TOT Normal as claimed). A hunter who has not even completed ANY raid of this expansion on Normal difficulty or higher. A hunter who has close to 16% hit, when she only needs 7.5%. A hunter who (judging from the other posters, who actually ARE hunters), is spreading inaccurate information, making things harder instead of easier. A hunter who does not know how to utilize the class to its fullest capability.

And you're telling me THIS hunter not only created a GUIDE, but is also ELIGIBLE for a LEGENDARY item?

Something's wrong here...

Really, Im honestly not trying to be mean here. I'm not trolling, I don't enjoy making others feel bad. But...really...

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    And you're telling me THIS hunter not only created a GUIDE, but is also ELIGIBLE for a LEGENDARY item?

Something's wrong here...

Really, Im honestly not trying to be mean here. I'm not trolling, I don't enjoy making others feel bad. But...really...
    I'm just gonna put this out there:

So?

Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    I'm just gonna put this out there:

So?
    Im not even gonna bother answering to that troll post. Something else which also hit me - you mentioned, in your Opening Post, the following sentence

"Since there weren't any guides on youtube, i had to figure everything out myself, and that is not a happy time."

If there's SOMETHING that this Legendary questline managed to do, is make you a better player, dear Gimlix. You tried. You failed. You tried again. You failed again. You experimented, you tried new things, you did things which you don't normally do. And that's GOOD! That's what makes an average player a GOOD player! To have the ballz to step out of your comfort zone and try something COMPLETELY different and alien to you!

The phrase "i had to figure everything out myself" should NOT be followed by the phrase "and that is not happy time". On the contrary! It SHOULD be happy time! I just completed MY legendary challenge (the tank one), and I have to tell you, I facerolled it. Had to fight Deathwing while protecting Wrathion, he only had 10,000,000 HP, hit for less than 50k, all you needed to do was avoid fire falling from the sky, taunt him when he targetted Wrathion and used your body to block some missiles targetting Wrathion. I one-shotted it without having looked up anything and facerolling it, in 530 ilvl.

And you know what? I was sad. I did NOT have the luxury to go through the process you went through - of dying, trying again, changing talents, changing glyphs, trying new specs. Nope. Nothing. I didnt get the chance to do ANY of that. I just got in, played the way I usually play, facerolled and 1 shotted it. And THATS what makes me sad. No chance to better myself, no chance to try out new things. I felt underwhelmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me at least SV was vastly easier to do this as. Took me 3 attempts to do it. The first attempt was as BM. I went in completely blind and thought I could kite the adds around while finishing off Wrathion. Needless to say they became too fast and killed me. The second attempt I decided to kill the adds, but beast cleave did so much damage that they just smacked my pet and killed it, then while I was rezzing I got hit by a shockwave. 3rd attempt I went SV. Rooted the adds with Entrapment and Narrow Escape. AoE'd em down. It went down like nothing.

For me at least, SV is definitely the way to go.

Deleted
    For someone who's taken so much time and care to put together a video, Gimlix, you seem to be rather oddly careless with your character's gear?

I mean, is there a reason you don't use the Capacitive Primal Diamond from the earlier stage of the Wrathion chain in your helm, along with not using the Inscription-specific 'Secret Tiger Claw Inscription' (worth an extra 320 agi) on your shoulderpiece? Or leaving several items unenchanted at all?

Have some pride, be the best you can be!

Go as anything u want, if u have 515+ ilvl this will work for u -

1) turn pet taunt off, select blink strike as talent, Thrill of hunt as talent

2) send pet off to attack, he will teleport behind wrathion's back.

3) turn taunt on, so wrathion face pet, giving u his back

4) go wild will all CD!

5) Place a ice trap between u and wrathion, so by the time adds come its off or almost off CD again.

6) when adds spawn, do a multishot, so they agro on u an on their way back activate the ice trap and get slowed, at this point SURV rules kite and kill adds.

7) when adds r dead, wrathion should be pretty down as well, finish off the job

Wait... Theres an increased damage buff....?

I heard someone say attack him from behind, but I just thought meh, went in, pet taunt on, nuked him down.... was easier than most Pandaria Rares tbh... BM all the way.

I literally MD'd to pet, popped cooldowns, and ran a circle around the room. Cleared it first try with no knowledge going in to it and never even got close to dying. Didn't need any traps or his back positioned towards me or any of these little tips people are throwing out. It's literally a target dummy.

I remember being really bummed out that it was that insanely easy after how hard everyone on these forums made it sound.
    Last edited by mistahwilshire; 2013-08-22 at 08:24 AM.

Deleted
    I specc MM for this boss. Just before he start his cast at the beginning already was on 50% mass slow with multishot keep first wave of adds away from me they die prety fast because of borbandment.After that i finish off thet bloody dragon before he even thinks to use mirrors.Later when i was with shaman just discover that the images have limited range of hit so i just stay at terrase near end far away from them finishing off the second wave of adds

Quote Originally Posted by Devboy View Post
    Wait... Theres an increased damage buff....?

I heard someone say attack him from behind, but I just thought meh, went in, pet taunt on, nuked him down.... was easier than most Pandaria Rares tbh... BM all the way.
    Wrathion being easier most pandaran rares? What game r u playing? Doesn't sound like WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    Wrathion being easier most pandaran rares? What game r u playing? Doesn't sound like WoW!
    If you consider that Wathion does 0 damage with a no-brain-nuke strategy, it is easier than most of normal/daily quest mobs...

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    To me he was easier than certain types of panda rares.