Thread: 4p worth it?

10+ Year Old Account

4p worth it?

Maybe the DK community on here can answer my question.

It is gear related so don't hate.

I managed to get the 502 chest and helm from LFR. I currently have a 522 chest and a 530 helm, is the 4p bonus worth dropping down to ilvl 502 tier?

I know that the 4p is good as far as soul reaper goes but is it that good?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

10+ Year Old Account
    The 4pc set bonus is not very good. I'd wear the better items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    The 4pc set bonus is not very good. I'd wear the better items.
    Thanks for the response. Curious because according to Ask Mr. Robot the 502s are better. Makes a very difficult decision.

Edit: Nevermind, after tweeting a few settings it says stick with what I have. Thanks all.
    Last edited by Aeriedk; 2013-07-20 at 03:45 AM.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerieadk View Post
    Thanks for the response. Curious because according to Ask Mr. Robot the 502s are better. Makes a very difficult decision.

Edit: Nevermind, after tweeting a few settings it says stick with what I have. Thanks all.
    It absurdly overvalues set bonuses in my experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerieadk View Post

Don't know who told you this but the offset pieces are far better. Believe us, test or at least simulate it yourself. Even the 6 ilvl difference between upgraded heroic set/nonset (543/549) makes it better to use offset pieces.

5.4 is coming closer.

Better to get the raw stats to poop up bigger numbers since you'll begin working on the next tier soon enough. It will make it easier to replace gear since you won't have to worry about breaking set bonuses.

Deleted
    The 4 set is a 50 dps increase single target, however when multi target is in question going with the 3 off pieces is a significant increase.

edit: this is at BiS.
    Last edited by mmocb68b2cf3c9; 2013-07-21 at 01:24 AM.

Yep, the 4 set really isn't worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CausalXXLinkXx View Post
    Yep, the 4 set really isn't worth it.
    Is this the case for which of 3 dps roles? I'd imagine 2H frost benefitting the least from it.

its garbage, break your 4-set asap, if its lfr vs reg ilevel. only time id take 4set now is heroic vs reg. but if you get heroic off pieces they are better than heroic tier for hands and helm and legs, shoulders from tortos is better than the tier as well. tier helm is still nice, but if you're like the rest of the dk community you have 10%hit lol so get the dark animus helm instead no hit. pretty much, any off piece with a higher ilevel is best.

str is very stronger than the haste/crit/mastery you gets from the gear and the str different is quite good also the 4set bonus aint that strong for any of the specs for dks, the dps one is decent but defo not worth the str
    Death Knights never fell to Arthas. We are the once to make him fall!