Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Old indeed. From 2004. Someone claimed he faked the list in 2007. Waybackmachine showed the list is from 2004 though.

    VERY accurate too, when it comes to the theme of the expansions. Not one single miss yet! According to it the next expansion is legion related. Let's see if it nails the last predicted expansion too! It got TBC, WOTLK, Cata and Panda expansion right. Doesn't seem so fake if the last one goes right too :P

    Except they didn't anticipate Blizzard noticing after WOTLK that 10 levels per expansion is way too much and now the levels are just off. Zone ideas change too during development and many get scrapped entirely.
    No, no, and no. It is not from 2004. No record exists of it from 2004. None. Link me a source or stop perpetuating this nonsense.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  2. #102
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    855
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Old indeed. From 2004. Someone claimed he faked the list in 2007. Waybackmachine showed the list is from 2004 though.

    VERY accurate too, when it comes to the theme of the expansions. Not one single miss yet! According to it the next expansion is legion related. Let's see if it nails the last predicted expansion too! It got TBC, WOTLK, Cata and Panda expansion right. Doesn't seem so fake if the last one goes right too :P

    Except they didn't anticipate Blizzard noticing after WOTLK that 10 levels per expansion is way too much and now the levels are just off. Zone ideas change too during development and many get scrapped entirely.
    It's obvious the list was made after WotLK became known. Not only did the guy who made the list admit it (and nobody claiming the list existed in 2004 has shown any proof), after WotLK the accuracy just takes a 99% nosedive. That has nothing to do with "not anticipating Blizzard noticing that 10 levels per expansion is too much". And no, the list is not accurate about Cataclysm and Pandaria. At all.

  3. #103
    Chrysia and Cattleya beat me to it. But yeah, there is 0 evidence of the list being around at any time before 2008.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

  4. #104
    I am Murloc! roahn the warlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In your base, killing your dudes
    Posts
    5,104
    THE LIST!

    *runs*
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Old indeed. From 2004. Someone claimed he faked the list in 2007. Waybackmachine showed the list is from 2004 though.

    VERY accurate too, when it comes to the theme of the expansions. Not one single miss yet! According to it the next expansion is legion related. Let's see if it nails the last predicted expansion too! It got TBC, WOTLK, Cata and Panda expansion right. Doesn't seem so fake if the last one goes right too :P

    Except they didn't anticipate Blizzard noticing after WOTLK that 10 levels per expansion is way too much and now the levels are just off. Zone ideas change too during development and many get scrapped entirely.
    Yeah, total genius. It got everything right except what it got wrong and it even got the things it got right wrong. But, yeah, totally accurate and genius.
    Btw the new Star Wars movies are going to have Skywalkers in it, some space ships, Coruscant and a baddie called Darth Something. I've got a source at Disney see.

  6. #106
    For the record, this is the first documented posting of "the list." Note the elaborate bullshit excuse for holding onto the information for four years before posting it.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  7. #107
    Pit Lord Huntaer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Goldshire
    Posts
    2,363
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanp0405 View Post
    "The last guy who posted one of these ate a ban, you know."
    I'm sure that one was a troll, this one is legit. I have sources, as posted above. Believe me or not, this is true info, not the most accurate but it is somewhere close to the next expansion zones.
    So where is this source that you have "posted above"
    ●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄ Rolf! Rolf! Rolf!
    ▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
    █M█L█P█ █ █ █ █ █ █►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
    -\My pet collection/- -\My Mount collection/-

  8. #108
    Deephome - 88 to 91
    Skywall - 91 to 94
    The Abyssal Maw - 94 to 97
    The Firelands - 97 to 100

    GG.

  9. #109
    I still dont understand you guys, the list has been accurate with every expansion we've gotten. The ONLY reason why the Emerald Dream one isn't accurate is because Blizzard scrapped it. The ED was in game and an actual zone.

    Edit: Picture in question that everyone refers to.

    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    I still dont understand you guys, the list has been accurate with every expansion we've gotten. The ONLY reason why the Emerald Dream one isn't accurate is because Blizzard scrapped it. The ED was in game and an actual zone.
    No, it isn't. The "Maelstrom" expansion is completely wrong. The "Planes" expansion is completely wrong. The only two it "got right" are the two that were either released or announced prior to the 2007 posting.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    I still dont understand you guys, the list has been accurate with every expansion we've gotten. The ONLY reason why the Emerald Dream one isn't accurate is because Blizzard scrapped it. The ED was in game and an actual zone.
    You have a strange definition of "accurate".

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    No, it isn't. The "Maelstrom" expansion is completely wrong. The "Planes" expansion is completely wrong. The only two it "got right" are the two that were either released or announced prior to the 2007 posting.
    I could argue with that all day.

    Draenor Set = Burning Crusade
    Northrend Set = Wrath of the Lich King
    Maelstrom Set = Cataclysm
    Plane Set = Mists of Pandaria
    Legion Set = Insert Next Expansion Name Here

    Not hard to put two and two together. The list has been accurate with the expansions and in the correct order, the zones and levels may have been wrong (more or less) but you can't deny that the general theme of the expansions is wrong.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

  13. #113
    Again, that picture was confirmed, confirmed mind you, to be a complete fake. It was made after the 2007 post to give it "authenticity."

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  14. #114
    That picture is fake. Caydiem never posted that. And accurate? How in the world has it been accurate? Of course it was accurate regarding the stuff that was already out because that list came into existence in 2008. That's like saying that I'm accurate at predicting things when I tell you things after they already happened. Man, and I thought that after WotLK when the list was proved wrong, people would finally realize it was fake.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    I could argue with that all day.

    Draenor Set = Burning Crusade
    Northrend Set = Wrath of the Lich King
    Maelstrom Set = Cataclysm
    Plane Set = Mists of Pandaria
    Legion Set = Insert Next Expansion Name Here

    Not hard to put two and two together. The list has been accurate with the expansions and in the correct order, the zones and levels may have been wrong but you can't deny that the general theme of the expansions is wrong.
    And every single zone in the Maelstrom set is completely wrong. Every single zone in the Pandaria set is completely wrong.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    I could argue with that all day.

    Draenor Set = Burning Crusade
    Northrend Set = Wrath of the Lich King
    Maelstrom Set = Cataclysm
    Plane Set = Mists of Pandaria
    Legion Set = Insert Next Expansion Name Here

    Not hard to put two and two together. The list has been accurate with the expansions and in the correct order, the zones and levels may have been wrong but you can't deny that the general theme of the expansions is wrong.
    Pandaria is quoted as being a 1-10 zone. How is that even remotely "accurate"? It's a single zone. And that Maelstrom set that is Cataclysm looks nothing like Cataclysm except Gilneas and at a stretch Grim Batol (which would have been better as a zone but irrelevant)

  17. #117
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    855
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    I could argue with that all day.

    Draenor Set = Burning Crusade
    Northrend Set = Wrath of the Lich King
    Maelstrom Set = Cataclysm
    Plane Set = Mists of Pandaria
    Legion Set = Insert Next Expansion Name Here

    Not hard to put two and two together. The list has been accurate with the expansions and in the correct order, the zones and levels may have been wrong (more or less) but you can't deny that the general theme of the expansions is wrong.
    I can most certainly deny it. How is a planes set the same theme as a Pandaria expansion? The only thing they have in common is that he used pandaria as one zone. A level 1-10 zone. *Completely* inaccurate.

    You have a bit more of a case with the maelstrom because the maelstrom actually played a role in Cataclysm, but it's still completely inaccurate. Let's not forget people have always speculated about an expansion in the vicinity of the maelstrom, mainly because of Azshara.
    Last edited by Cattleya; 2013-07-20 at 10:28 AM.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Again, that picture was confirmed, confirmed mind you, to be a complete fake. It was made after the 2007 post to give it "authenticity."
    Confirmed? Just because someone said they made it doesn't mean they actually did. I haven't seen any proof other than someone said so. That doesn't equal proof in my eyes. You know the old saying about evidence? Yeah I haven't seen any. Now if you want to have evidence that the list is real then all you have to do is take a look at the names of the zones and the expansion sets and in the order they were. That's evidence enough for me to know that someone got this info right a long time ago and leaked it out there. I do remember this list getting banned on the official forums from people who posted it and that only confirmed it for me that it was a real list.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    I could argue with that all day.

    Draenor Set = Burning Crusade
    Northrend Set = Wrath of the Lich King
    Maelstrom Set = Cataclysm
    Plane Set = Mists of Pandaria
    Legion Set = Insert Next Expansion Name Here

    Not hard to put two and two together. The list has been accurate with the expansions and in the correct order, the zones and levels may have been wrong (more or less) but you can't deny that the general theme of the expansions is wrong.
    You know why the "draenor set" and the "northrend set" are right? Cuz that list was out after TBC and when WotLK was in beta. As for the "Maelstrom set"= Cataclysm... HOW?!?! It's wrong in every detail. Plane set MoP? Also wrong in every detail. MoP has NOTHING to do with the elemental planes, and the elemental planes showed up in Cata, and not even as leveling zones, except for Deepholm, but the only reason some zone names are right even though every detail about them is wrong, is because all those areas already existed in lore. That's like if I said "Argus" and once Argus shows up, you think I'm some kind of WoW dev because I guessed a zone.

    - - - Updated - - -

    The list was confirmed fake, it's wrong just by looking at it, it's no longer even relevant, and you're STILL defending it? WHY?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

  20. #120
    clearly a fake but seems like someone forgot his brain in the fridge this morning.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •