Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulestu View Post
    CPs on rogues is a non-issue with lower redirect CD. We just need some more interesting finishers and spec changes. We don't need an overhaul like every single other class got, but it would be nice to get one. I didn't play during Cata, but I know that from Vanilla through WoTLK warlocks certainly didn't need a rework.
    If it becomes a non-issue, bake it in baseline with CPs on the rogue and be done with it. Hopefully this will turn into "mandatory glyph = baseline for next xpac" like they did to several other glyphs (lightning bolt while moving for shamans, etc)

Redirect glyph is the bandaid to rule all bandaid fixes. There's little to no difference between hitting redirect every time you swap targets and having CPs on the rogue. Which I can only hope means that if/when they see every single person taking this glyph in 5.4 they'll pull their head out of their ass and put CPs on the rogue for 6.0
    Last edited by SynergyDarkstar; 2013-07-23 at 04:45 PM. Reason: wording
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    The truth of the matter is, you have no proof for this and are just generating facts.

The difference is that it costs a gcd when switching targets.
    Dropndestroy | i7-3770k 4.6Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature+ SLI | ASUS Maximus V Formula | G.Skill 16gb 2400 | AX850

I'm borderline ready to quit the game altogether if Blizzard doesn't do anything in 5.4. There's a reason that rogues went from being one of the most to one of the least played classes and we can't even get some CM time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropndestroyrr View Post
    The difference is that it costs a gcd when switching targets.
    On a supposedly non-GCD capped class that shouldn't mean a real "cost". On the other hand, it means that we have yet to deal with annoying Redirect bugs/bad design/clunkiness in the form of despawning adds/boss parts and Anticipation screwing up AoE.

The entire rogue class needs to be changed drastically.

Since release we got a few new skills, which is essentialy the exact same crap we started with. The rogue is the most boring class to play. It has a terrible rotation and a tedius gameplay. Static and unimaginative

Deleted
    I've already quit raiding. Only playing my alts atm. I've been maining my rogue for 6 years now and i really dont wanna reroll another class but I also dont enjoy playing any of the rogue speccs anymore. If they don't redesign rogues the next xp I'm actually gonna quit.

I second glowpipe and Rogaeu.
    Only GC and his fanboys think rogue just needs some tweaks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

What more do you want? It was long foreseen that Combat will scale like dog shit because it will get energy capped so easily and Sub has never been good in PvE really.
    I want a Rogue that i can enjoy from the Beginning of an Addon not in the last 2 Patches... and Sub was Amazing in Cata but again only in the last 2 Patches

Oh look. More updates for mages. Their "input is crucial" or some horseshit. Yeah, the top damage class with almost no setbacks needed some updates for spec diversity.

Is it weird I'm completely fine where rogues are right now and could care less for any changes? :/ Maybe a boost to Subtlety and a few tweaks here and there but nothing major.

Deleted
    Oh look. More updates for mages. Their "input is crucial" or some horseshit. Yeah, the top damage class with almost no setbacks needed some updates for spec diversity.
    Difference is they post on blizzard official forums. Check the ptr forum no rogue post on the first page. If you don't ask you don't receive.

The fact is blizzard love the basic concept of rogues. CPs + some kind of finisher. Hence paladins, monks and now you can certainly see a similar style with frost mastery.

I would hate to see a massive overall. And would quit if they did. But I don't think the rogue community as a whole knows what they want. Mages ask for specifics e.g they asked for blizzard to look at frost mastery. They have asked for blizz to look at level 90 talents due to negative reinforcement of the talents. All rogues have done this xpak is ask for 'major overhauls'

Deleted
    and this is what we get.. a major overhaul but since you cannot do this in the Mid of an xpac we have to wait. But ye im gonna quit too if they destroy the Fun cuz even if all 3 Spec play almost the same i like the Rogue Class for being so simple

Deleted
    I'm playing a paladin but i can see why rogues are angry: check the patch notes! Lots of classes are geting big changes, paladins for example have several talents rewritten while nobody was asking for that. Why spend precious dev time fixing stuff that aren't broken ?
    On the other hand, rogues are asking for an overhaul for months but all they get are small buff/nerfs that change nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aSynchro View Post
    I'm playing a paladin but i can see why rogues are angry: check the patch notes! Lots of classes are geting big changes, paladins for example have several talents rewritten while nobody was asking for that. Why spend precious dev time fixing stuff that aren't broken ?
    On the other hand, rogues are asking for an overhaul for months but all they get are small buff/nerfs that change nothing.
    The difference here is that they (Blizzard) have perceived those paladin talents to be out of balance and need fixing even if the community doesn't think so ( usually due to them being very good, I.e mages and combustion)

Blizzard perceive rogues to be in a good place, which they are. So unless all the nigh sayers can articulate a compelling argument to change something. Nothing likely is going to.

A good example is the combat problems. They were brought to blizzards attention. Blizzard recognised and made a change. Just because it isn't a good change doesn't mean blizzard didn't listen to the community and affect a change.
    Last edited by mmocb2134b83a4; 2013-07-24 at 11:47 AM.

I'm borderline ready to quit the game altogether if Blizzard doesn't do anything in 5.4. There's a reason that rogues went from being one of the most to one of the least played classes and we can't even get some CM time.
    I'll give it to 6.0. Already got burned with the same thoughts when Mists launched, "Oh, they'll fix it in 5.0 (5.1, 5.2, and so on)."

I've been prepping a WW monk for the next expansion and it's almost hilarious how much it feels like Rogue 2.0. If they had incorporated half the changes that monks were created with (CPs on your character, rather than the target; finishers simply don't cost energy unlike our stupid "spend 25 energy, then instantly get 25 energy back"; damage spread mostly among the buttons you press rather than autoattacks) we'd be in a much more interesting place. It's like anything that could have been an improvement to the way our class plays was siphoned off for monks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lumbermill View Post
    The difference here is that they (Blizzard) have perceived those paladin talents to be out of balance and need fixing even if the community doesn't think so ( usually due to them being very good, I.e mages and combustion)
    Yes, because nothing says balance than 99.99999% of all PvE rogues ever taking Anticipation. If they really think the current talent situation is in a good spot right now I really don't know what to say. It's just denying reality, covering eyes and ears and screeching "Working as intended! Working as intended!"

FoK stacking up CPs on dead mobs? Working as intended.
    Phase transitions on the more complex raid encounters making CPs disappear into the ether and making Redirect non-functional? Working as intended.

When they can't even get the most basic aspect of rogue gameplay (stacking CPs) to work without becoming incredibly frustrating about 10% of the time, how can we expect them to solve any more complicated problem (spec diversity, talent diversity, playstyle changes)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    The truth of the matter is, you have no proof for this and are just generating facts.

Deleted
    I think Blizzard has acknowledge the problem, I just think they have no clue how to fix it. And since Ghostcrawler said 5.4 will be the last patch of this expact, I guess we'll just have to bite our thumb and wait to 6.0. How fun is that? Best part is that we're paying for the game :s

Deleted
    Funny with these rogue threads, as I'm always scrying for posts by Verain, Sesshou and Muga.

OnT: Blizzard have no idea what to do, or how to fix the rogue class. And in response to any question as to why we are the way we are, they've always got their counter:
    "The rogue is the best designed class. It could use some tweaks, but we generally like it the way it is™"
    Last edited by mmocad8be81406; 2013-07-25 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zanexlol View Post
    "The rogue is the best designed class. It could use some tweaks, but we generally like it the way it is™"
    Ferrari F2002 was one of the best F1 cars ever built and won 14 out 15 F1 races, but in the 2003 Ferrari had obviusly to replace it with a new car, guess why? Everything around you evolves and gets better and you have to do the same if you don't want to be left behind, now speaking of rogue class, yeah rogue was excellent in vanilla but while other classes got better expansion after expansion, patch after patch, rogue has always been almost ignored by devs who always used the "best designed class" as a lame excuse to not overlook at all flaws that the class started to show up with the flow of time and leaving it in the current awful state, rogues also got very pissed because of class homogeneization who caused their signature traits to be given to all other classes (cc's stealth etc) sometimes with better versions and they got a lame self heal and spammy aoe in return, also hybrid classes dmg has been boosted to be on par with pure's one and rangeds got many tools to help their mobility (their only weak point in the first years of wow, what made RL's pick a melee over a ranged), if you sum up all those things u'll get why rogue is the least played class excluding monks and i think there's not much time left before monks pop will surpass rogue pop.
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2013-07-24 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumbermill View Post
    Difference is they post on blizzard official forums. Check the ptr forum no rogue post on the first page. If you don't ask you don't receive.
    What's this? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9423803534?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    New posts since I posted my statement. Not to mention if you had read my whole post I mention the combat thread and blizz responding to it.

And one post compared to 3 Mage 4 warlock 2 warrior post. Just to name a few. I would say my point still stands