Why do we fight ? / The Last Gasp of Y'shaarj

Found these two quests, which I hadn't seen anyone talk about (and a search didn't return any results)

The Last Gasp of Y'shaarj

Why Do We Fight?

And people have already been talking about: The Usurper

So, we know we completely destroy the Sha and Y'shaarj. We know we receive a reward for ending Hellscream's reign. I think "Why Do We Fight?" will phase the Vale and show it only partially damaged (maybe Sha corruption is gone, but physical damage remains -- but what would this mean for the Dread Wastes ?)

Could it really be anything else he wants to show us ?

And how do we possibly arrive at The Last Gasp in the first place ? Just a quest after we defeat Garrosh ?

I can't recall ever being in greater anticipation of what the lore reveals in a raid will be. Actually I don't think I've ever had the thoughts, "I can't wait to see what happens with the story" for a raid -- it's always just been, "I can't wait to kill (the big bad at the end)". Here, all sorts of questions remain even with the PTR already raid testing.

I am excite.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I think this thread should be in General.

"Blind Hero defeated", at first I thought about someone cool, then I noticed it's Brawling quest. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I think this thread should be in General.

"Blind Hero defeated", at first I thought about someone cool, then I noticed it's Brawling quest. :/
    Yeah I wasn't sure where to put it, but settled on here since they're raid quests.

Also, probably over-thinking it, I can't help but wonder at the significance, if any, of the placeholder they're using. They could have used any quest where you defeat someone / something and get a reward as a placeholder. Even among the Brawler's Guild quests there are, what, around a dozen or so of them ? Again, probably just over-thinking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Yeah I wasn't sure where to put it, but settled on here since they're raid quests.

Also, probably over-thinking it, I can't help but wonder at the significance, if any, of the placeholder they're using. They could have used any quest where you defeat someone / something and get a reward as a placeholder. Even among the Brawler's Guild quests there are, what, around a dozen or so of them ? Again, probably just over-thinking it.
    You are, they've been using brawlers guild as place holder throughout this PTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    A 'blind hero?' Couldn't mean Illidan, could it? Be weird but awesome if he showed up in the Brawler's Guild. Or, y'know, anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    A 'blind hero?' Couldn't mean Illidan, could it? Be weird but awesome if he showed up in the Brawler's Guild. Or, y'know, anywhere.
    It's just a giant undead male with a blindfold and a cool sword.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher069 View Post
    it's just a giant undead male with a blindfold and a cool sword.
    its the black knight! I knew killing him three times was but a flesh wound!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the placeholder quest means that we will get 3 rewards for completing The Usurper? An item, a container and some currency reward?

What could it be???

Personally I would like:

The first legendary pet (Lil'Sha?)
    A Feat of Strength
    A Title

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    its the black knight! I knew killing him three times was but a flesh wound!

It was just a scratch!
    Black knight is merely set back.

Personally I'm waiting for something more exciting from The Usurper quest.

Really wonder why they'd be keeping this quest as a placeholder still, with maybe only a month (give or take a week) left on the ptr. Maybe a month and a half. Although I guess I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't go live until mid-late September

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds to me like these 3 represent the epilogue to MoP. First time you beat Garrosh you get the Last Gasp quest, which takes you to Cho, who then sends you on Why do we fight to witness an actual epilogue scene in the Vale, and then onto the Golden Lotus with Usurper to get your reward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Really wonder why they'd be keeping this quest as a placeholder still, with maybe only a month (give or take a week) left on the ptr. Maybe a month and a half. Although I guess I wouldn't be shocked if it didn't go live until mid-late September
    Early September is all but confirmed due to the new Arena season starting that first Friday.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Early September is all but confirmed due to the new Arena season starting that first Friday.
    Oh, sweet, didn't realize that about the arena season