Should I grind honor for 476 gear?

Or should I just use what I have already, for some casual random bg and 2v2 arenas? I'm not sure if the pvp power on honor gear will be enough to do more damage than my pve gear. Thanks for your help!

Link to armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tem/Roh/simple

Do what you like, and use whatever points you get for gear that helps you do what you like.

I would'nt farm any honor if I were you. The conquest cap is now at 20000 something, which should give you 3-4 pieces that's not tyrannical. Just start doing arenas and get your cap up. Tyrannical weapons should give you alot more damage, seeing as the pvp power is insane. If you're wondering about the comparison between your gear and the tyrannical gear, you should know that the pve parts you use, are scaled down to 496 ilvl in arenas (There's an ilvl ceiling to prevent PvE gear being best), which means that the tyrannical pieces, will be superior to most PvE parts.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

//Mainframe

10+ Year Old Account
    489+ ilvl pieces beat 476 pieces for PvP. Tyrannical is still the best, but 496+ ilvl pve gear is second best (Some trinkets are VERY good for damage- the Renataki/Wushoolay/Feather give a huge primary stat boost for a long time with high uptime)

- - - Updated - - -

Just an addition- you SHOULD grind up enough honor to buy 1 pvp escape trinket- those trinkets can make a world of difference in PvP (Unless you are a BM hunter or a DK). Replace your Bad Juju with it- Renatakis can be better then PvP dps trinket.

Get 2x pvp weapons with Conquest, then start filling out your pve pieces with PvP conquest pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Thanks for the responses guys, I stopped shopping for honor gear after I got the escape trinket. Now to catch up with my ~20k conquest cap..

Depends on how often you PvP. If you want a full Honor/Conquest set in the next 3 weeks then certainly go farm it. Otherwise I'd hoard Honor for the next season when the current Conquest can be bought for Honor.

10+ Year Old Account
    pvp - pve gear disparity is pretty shocking , and after introducing ilvl cap in arenas/bg's (scaling down to 496ilvl, but not up to 496ilvl) crafted/honor gear is worse than even lfr gear... also thanks to conquest catchup youshould have like 20k cap by now if you didnt do any pvp this season, which means you can get almost full tyranical gear. Just find geared/skilled friend , tank mmr down to like 1200 and start farming, good luck ;]

No. Your gear is fine. I would however suggest getting PvP weapons, honor or conquest ones. That will make the biggest difference.
    Last edited by Avada Kedavra; 2013-07-20 at 08:17 PM.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

in instanced play: tyrannical gear > throne+ gear > honor gear > last teir gear.