Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Tortos HC as a fury warrior.

So my guild started progression on tortos hc last week and i have to say, for me it was a complete mess. I had the role of constantly slowing turtles and dps them, also i was on kick duty. This mixed with keeping track on def cds for the raid, (banner/shout), while renewing my shield after stop got me stressed out very fast. So how was your first tortos hc run? Did you do similar things as me, or did you just nuke bats and boss? I could really need some help.

It's just silly to make a melee make all those things which a ranged could do far easier and be more efficient as well.

I guess most warriors only nuke the boss (and adds if you don't kite them).

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzule View Post
    So my guild started progression on tortos hc last week and i have to say, for me it was a complete mess. I had the role of constantly slowing turtles and dps them, also i was on kick duty. This mixed with keeping track on def cds for the raid, (banner/shout), while renewing my shield after stop got me stressed out very fast. So how was your first tortos hc run? Did you do similar things as me, or did you just nuke bats and boss? I could really need some help.
    Fuck that, you shouldn't be on kicking duty, at least i don't think so.

If there's one that ends up dead near the boss that you can kick, go for it, but other wise, ranged should handle it imo, and if at possible, make sure turtle(s) hit adds, it does help.

I love the fight, it's pretty fun.

I have a throw/heroic throw macro for the shield.

You should pick up piercing howl, slow the adds, have a few stacks of meat cleaver ready when they come out, RB, and let ranged handle killing them off and then a ranged should kick the adds imo.

We have a shadow priest and a mage handle kicking duty, tanks + dps monk and I slow the adds and do what damage we can while we're near the boss.

I use bladestorm/bb for the adds, should be up for every other set of adds, once we reach between 20-25% a tank will begin kiting adds while we chain stun the boss and focus him down, we use lust on pull.

Why would your guild ever have a Warrior kick shells and slow turtles? That's just stupid.

Locks/Hunters/Frost Mages/etc. are all much better at that type of thing.

I'm guessing you either are 10 man or your ranged are shit.

As a melee you're basically suppose to sit on the boss from 100%-0 and only move when a circle is under you. If you choose to kill the bats, then you aoe the bats too, if not, then its literally standing in the corner dpsing the boss from 100%-0.

Can you show us your raid comp? Warlocks and hunters are generally the best aoe slowers for the initial spawn. After that, we have a rogue who FoK's the bats which we kite and also hits the turtles too. We are 25 man though.

Deleted
    We are a 10 man guild. Raid comp for tortos is: Fury warrior, Blood dk, survival hunter, frost mage, Assasination rogue, moonkin, ele shammy, mistweaver monk, disc priest, and holy/retri paladin.

Make a macro to Charge one of the Crystals, it will give you the shield, and you can charge every 12seconds for free rage.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzule View Post
    We are a 10 man guild. Raid comp for tortos is: Fury warrior, Blood dk, survival hunter, frost mage, Assasination rogue, moonkin, ele shammy, mistweaver monk, disc priest, and holy/retri paladin.
    Hunter frost trap, assa rogue FoK crippling, moonkin mushrooms, frost mage everything. That's what is supposed to slow and kill turtles, not you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell your range to stop being bad. Melee shouldn't need to DPS turtles with your comp.

You can use your 15 second slow when they first come out, and dump a few WW/RB into them to help, otherwise focus on tortos and not dying.

For crystal shell I use this macro

/target humming crystal
    /cast throw
    /targetlasttarget

What it does is select a crystal, cast throw (off the GCD) and retarget your last target. Same macro with the target name changed works for horridon.

Slow the turtles as they come out so ranged can nuke one down and then the ranged slows & kills the last 2. For the stomp def stance, die by the sword, impending victory so you don't have to refresh your shield all the time. Bladestorm the bats if you kill them and just stay on the boss. We run with 2 melee/4ranged dps most of the time for tortos 4 ranged shouldn't have any problem with the turtles if you only have 3 ranged they need to push it, our ele shammy does the kicking.

Deleted
    Your raidleader must have a very small understanding of classes and boss mechanics if he decides to put a melee on turtle duty.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the feedback, seems like i need to dicuss some tactics with my raidleader!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Why the hell does your leader have melee kick turtles? Makes no logical sense as if they get close while spinning, you could get knocked up away, missing kicks.

Also, it would be a dps loss to a melee class more so then a ranged class. We have a healer and 1 ranged dps on standby to kick, as they're moving around during the fight anyway.

What my job is: Dps boss, slow turtles with roar when they come out, kill bats, pop defensive. That should be your job. Never on turtles besides slowing them.
    I am not trying to be offensive, but realize it will probably come across that way. This strategy is a very bad one and very likely explains why you are just now working on heroic tortos. They need to have the range kicking period.

Warriors are much better at providing a low cd aoe stun for the bats than running around doing stupid things with turtles (although you should always help nuke the first set of turtles just in case)

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Why would your guild ever have a Warrior kick shells and slow turtles? That's just stupid.

Locks/Hunters/Frost Mages/etc. are all much better at that type of thing.
    Because the range is doing far more dps than warriors are far behind mages/locks so why not have them do it since their dps is lol anyway? We have our warrior do all the shit work because his dps isnt worth much and he is only in now that everything is on farm. Melee expects to tunnel so much that it is pathetic, how can one be proud of a class that sits on a target for the whole fight? For people saying tell range to stop being bad, range is what carries every progression guild, real progression not normal with a couple heroics. Fill your raid with melee and let me know how that goes for ya lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    Because the range is doing far more dps than warriors are far behind mages/locks
    Really? On our recent tortos normal kills the dmg looked like this:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-h5...?s=2906&e=3166
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9j...?s=5968&e=6200
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8x...?s=1941&e=2185.

sorry fizz, your rl is a bad.

Deleted
    That ranged dps is far more than enough for the turtles. Your RL is either bad and the ranged dps doesn't know how to dps which target properly, or your RL is just really really really bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    Because the range is doing far more dps than warriors are far behind mages/locks so why not have them do it since their dps is lol anyway? We have our warrior do all the shit work because his dps isnt worth much and he is only in now that everything is on farm. Melee expects to tunnel so much that it is pathetic, how can one be proud of a class that sits on a target for the whole fight? For people saying tell range to stop being bad, range is what carries every progression guild, real progression not normal with a couple heroics. Fill your raid with melee and let me know how that goes for ya lol.
    Probably because range can actually continue to dps while kicking turtles and actually gain dps from dpsing the turtles (codeword multidotting ! ). While any melee loses substantial amounts of dps while running around like an idiots with nothing in melee range.

Your RL is dumb as a fury war sit on boss save dr for bats turtles and boss usually they line up (rarely) dodge circles you shouldn't be kicking. As for slow... I never slow someone else does it. Wwis your bestfriend here use it.